Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to muvizu

the topic is closed
06/07/2012 05:14:56

magnata_14
magnata_14
Hello, I just have downloaded sketchup, I watched a tutorial and followed his steps, but when I tried to import my project to muvizu from sketchup, a message said: "This format isn't known". The format that I'm using is dae., the right is ase. but I can't convert dae to ase, because I can't found a converter or another solution to my problem! Does anybody have the solution? please help me!
06/07/2012 07:29:24

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
magnata_14 wrote:
Hello, I just have downloaded sketchup, I watched a tutorial and followed his steps, but when I tried to import my project to muvizu from sketchup, a message said: "This format isn't known". The format that I'm using is dae., the right is ase. but I can't convert dae to ase, because I can't found a converter or another solution to my problem! Does anybody have the solution? please help me!

check out this forum: http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic1452-sketchup-to-muvizu.aspx
06/07/2012 18:18:55

magnata_14
magnata_14
Thanks for help. Yes I saw this topic... they said about a plugin, I downloaded this plug and put at past that said, but when I went to see didn't work...
06/07/2012 19:25:05

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
magnata_14 wrote:
Thanks for help. Yes I saw this topic... they said about a plugin, I downloaded this plug and put at past that said, but when I went to see didn't work...

oh, sorry...
06/07/2012 20:24:06

magnata_14
magnata_14
ok but if you find the solution, please answer me...
bye
07/07/2012 11:39:47

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Hi magnata_14,

I don't know if there's a maximum of pictures that could be shown here, because I tried to answer you already 2 times but was thrown out of the forum after adding the message ?

So, I have to keep it short - 2 alternatives to Sketchup (with Cow.dae example).

1. Use Blender:

2. Use the free program gile (LINK) from the danish frecle team with direct ASE export:

You have to exchange the complete MATERIAL_LIST (Blue) inside the ASE file with another one containing the MAP_CLASS "Bitmap" (otherwise MUVIZU will crash):

Insert your correct texture file name and save ASE again. Import in MUVIZU - READY !
08/07/2012 12:41:43

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
That Gile is a neat little program, and it actually likes .ase files (unlike everything else) - good stuff, thanks Tripfreak! Thumbs Up
08/07/2012 17:03:30

magnata_14
magnata_14
Hi tripfreak! Sorry, I really don't know why you were trown out, thanks for the interest Well, I have intalled the plugin wrong, after I found the right plugin and instaled him, but when I clicked to save my project in ASE format, can't save it, I seek at paste of destination and isn't there... the first problem is resolved, but now is other Do you think that I use blender? or the problem can be resolved?
bye!
09/07/2012 06:50:01

tripfreak
Hi magnata,

your DAE file seems to be a bit strange - normally Sketchup (with DAE import) alone should do the job.
I don't know if you use VISTA ? In that case the produced files are often not shown (although existent) if you started your program not as administrator.

Of course, you could try Blender, but you'll need an ASE script fitting to your Blender version.
I don't remember where I got my script from (Blender 2.62) ...
Its not on the official site: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Extensions:2.6/Py/Scripts
and also not on Katsbits: http://www.katsbits.com/tools/
But if you want to try it I could upload mine and set a link.
09/07/2012 18:10:13

magnata_14
magnata_14
Hi Tripfreak,

I have uninstalled my skecthup and intalled again to see if have any result, but didn't. I tried to export to another format and when was exporting the program stopped working! Definitely I'll use blender... I hope this one work, I'll want the link of blender please, and thanks for help
bye!

PS: I use windows seven
09/07/2012 19:27:50

tripfreak
That Gile is a neat little program, and it actually likes .ase files (unlike everything else) - good stuff, thanks Tripfreak!

You're welcome, ziggy !

Hi magnata,

here (LINK) is my ASE exporter. You have to copy it into the "addons" section under "scripts".
But it will probably only work with Blender 2.62.

Here (LINK) seems to be a newer version for Blender 2.63 (probably by the same developer).

Good Luck !
12/07/2012 03:41:42

magnata_14
magnata_14
tripfreak wrote:
That Gile is a neat little program, and it actually likes .ase files (unlike everything else) - good stuff, thanks Tripfreak!

You're welcome, ziggy !

Hi magnata,

here (LINK) is my ASE exporter. You have to copy it into the "addons" section under "scripts".
But it will probably only work with Blender 2.62.

Here (LINK) seems to be a newer version for Blender 2.63 (probably by the same developer).

Good Luck !

Thanks a lot, tripfreak!!!
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to muvizu