Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? So much potential, so many bugs

pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed
30/04/2013 09:56:55

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
WozToons wrote:
The mouse wheel on some menus zooms the view as well.
This seems to only happen in the "Create" menu, when you select "View As Details". If you feel this is causing an interruption in workflow, then until we can fix this in an upcoming patch then all you need to do is click "View As Icons" or "View As Tiles" instead of having "View As Details" selected and the scrollwheel should only affect objects in the Create menu window as long as the mouse pointer is in it and not affect the Muvizu environment. Apologies if you really find it a lot easier to work with "View As Details" and are determined that it's the only way you can work with Muvizu, but "View As Tiles" is really very similar but with slightly bigger icons and text. It's easier to read, so in fact we're really doing you a favour by encouraging you to use this. Your eyes will thank us in a couple of years' time!
30/04/2013 16:53:47

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
It's easier to read, so in fact we're really doing you a favour by encouraging you to use this. Your eyes will thank us in a couple of years' time!

Thanks very much for that wise advice. Now I see the logic behind the decision to have zoom and scroll together on the details tab. I am sorry for reporting what is obviously a brilliant new feature designed with a view to the health and safety of the user. If Muvizu came with ear protectors and a hard hat it would fully comply with BS1234 and may even get the coveted CE badge.

I apologise for my error it's just that the sudden, unexpected zooming was causing me motion sickness and a couple of times I grabbed by desk in a vain attempt to stop myself crashing into objects in the set. This is not enough to stop me using Muvizu but I now have to strap myself into my chair to avoid falling off.

01/05/2013 12:51:27

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Neil wrote:
Do you mean you want it to remember that it was open when you closed Muvizu and have it reappear the next time it starts?

I think you may be right here and that it does stay open. I might move it to my second screen and then it gets hidden behind the timeline – I’ll keep an eye on it.

Another couple of things (don't worry - Muvizu Play is going very well)

There is still another focus issue – sometimes the mouse is not active when you come back to Muvizu. This happens sometimes if you go to another application and back to Muvizu (I do this all the time). You have to click on a different window (can even be the timeline window) and back to get the mouse to move you round the set.

And a request….

It is infuriating that the characters do not keep their pose when you are editing objects. Imagine the scenario - you have an animation of someone opening a door with the “open door” action. You can get the timeline in the exact position so they have their hand out and you want to re-size and move the door around, so you edit the door object. This closes the timeline and all your characters so to their just standing around breathing state and you can't tell where his hand will be anymore. It would be so much better (i.e. quicker to get stuff done) if either you could edit items without the timeline automatically closing (my favourite solution) or that all the characters at least held their position when editing.
01/05/2013 13:27:32

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
ukBerty wrote:
There is still another focus issue – sometimes the mouse is not active when you come back to Muvizu. This happens sometimes if you go to another application and back to Muvizu (I do this all the time). You have to click on a different window (can even be the timeline window) and back to get the mouse to move you round the set.
This is unfortunately known to happen if you take the focus off of Muvizuwhile opening a saved set or loading a new scene and can be fixed by just clicking on something else, as you mentioned, or simply keeping Muvizu the active window while opening a set (which we know isn't idea for larger sets and is something we're working on fixing very soon). Have you definitely had it happen at random moments when you haven't been opening a saved set or loading a new scene...?

A massive thanks to everyone who has stuck by us with the teething issues for the new UI, by the way! A lot more work has gone into Muvizu:Play than even what can be seen on the surface; it has been a massive undertaking and unfortunately some issues have slipped through the cracks along the way. At the end of the day, we love Muvizu as much - if not more - than you guys do and we take a massive amount of pride in our application and in knowing that our userbase is happy with it. There may be some new features or adjustments which have rubbed some of you up the wrong way, but if the past few days on the forum have proven anything I hope it's that we do listen and respond to everything you guys say in the hopes of making you even happier and refining an app we can be even more proud to put out there.
01/05/2013 14:01:37

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
ukBerty wrote:
And a request….

It is infuriating that the characters do not keep their pose when you are editing objects. Imagine the scenario - you have an animation of someone opening a door with the “open door” action. You can get the timeline in the exact position so they have their hand out and you want to re-size and move the door around, so you edit the door object. This closes the timeline and all your characters so to their just standing around breathing state and you can't tell where his hand will be anymore. It would be so much better (i.e. quicker to get stuff done) if either you could edit items without the timeline automatically closing (my favourite solution) or that all the characters at least held their position when editing.

What He Said x 10
02/05/2013 07:17:19

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
This is unfortunately known to happen if you take the focus off of Muvizuwhile opening a saved set or loading a new scene

Yeah - your're probably right - that's what I do all the time as it can take a while to open / save a set.

It's no biggy - just thought it should go on some sort of list.
pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? So much potential, so many bugs