Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Is there any way to use 3D assets from Xtranormal?

the topic is closed
18/07/2013 18:12:45

nblyleven
nblyleven
With Xtranormal closing down (so sad :-(( ), it would be great if we could upload some of the assets, scenes in particular, to Muvizu. I wonder if Muvizu has any plans to add the text to speech feature that Xtranormal has/had...
18/07/2013 18:25:01

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Xtranormal has its own stuff and no muvizu can't use them its well they would get sued :0

Otherwise a lot of xtranormal works much differently then muvizu.

so no to that

TTS you can use online TTS generators and import the audio into muvizu for now. I dont know if they have plans to add this as TTS is not very popular.
03/08/2013 22:37:56

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Urban just pointed me to this, posted by someone at Xtranormal :

"What’s our story?
Xtranormal made your stories come to life. It’s that simple. Create a story. Share a story. Watch a story.
Funny? Romantic? Dramatic? Xtranormal helped you create amazing interactive stories with a few clicks and a little imagination. Ta-da! You’re instantly an animator, poet, pundit, educator or comic. Couldn’t be easier.
We also drove our company into the ground by never evolving our software, even though we did try rewriting it, as well as changing our pricing again and again and pissing off customers by not listening to (or even censoring) their feedback.
That was Xtranormal. And now we’re dead."

A salutary tale, don't you think?
03/08/2013 23:16:22

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
yup i get confused by real time engines and companies that have lots of potential but they dont evolve properly. In the back of my head is stuff like "well microsoft, adobe and corel can do it why can't these companies?". Its all coding all of it. I know it all takes time but these other softwares albeit they are more empires now but they all started small.
05/08/2013 20:10:56

nblyleven
nblyleven
Thanks for posting that insider Xtranormal post! I wondered what happened to them and am sorry to see them go. The text to speech feature was really fun, as was the dancing fireman. Especially for a novice like me. I wish they could have been absorbed by someone instead of disappearing forever.
19/09/2013 20:45:48

mos6507
mos6507
"TTS is not very popular."

Yes it is. Because it's not practical to record all live voices. And anybody who attempts to do a whole show with just their own voice sounds like a guy telling a bedtime story and "putting on voices" with falsettos and what not. Lame. I'd rather use the variety of TTS and compensate for the lack of dynamics through other means.

BTW, it's actually a skill to write scripts for TTS engines. To a novice, they will mispronounce everything and it will be a monotone. But if you get good at it, the pronunciations will be spot on and they will actually seem to emote a bit. Don't just write it all off as Stephen Hawking.

"I wish they could have been absorbed by someone instead of disappearing forever."

The holding company (Fairhaven Capital) still owns it, but I doubt they'd let it go for what it's really worth on the open market.
edited by Jamie on 20/09/2013
19/09/2013 20:52:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
OMG I must have esp I was just as I saw this nuked thread was thinking I had not seen you in awhile. Big Grin
edited by urbanlamb on 19/09/2013
19/09/2013 21:14:27

mos6507
mos6507
I see that Muvizu doesn't have private messaging. best way to reach me if you don't join our forum is via youtube PM.

http://www.youtube.com/user/emergentanimation
edited by mos6507 on 19/09/2013
edited by mos6507 on 19/09/2013
19/09/2013 21:38:20

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
mos6507 wrote:
I see that Muvizu doesn't have private messaging.

Muvizu has private messaging, just go to the person you want to send a message to's profile and click 'send a message' under their picture.
20/09/2013 00:00:33

mos6507
mos6507
OK. I see it. I'm not used to the user-interface here.
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Is there any way to use 3D assets from Xtranormal?