Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? IMPORT COMPLEX OBJECTS FROM SKETCHUP INTO MUVIZU

the topic is closed
16/03/2014 08:54:52

Muvizupeppe
Muvizupeppe
Hi to everyone! After my last post, about import from skethup to muvizu, http://muvizu.com/Forum/topic3497-problems-with-sketchup-export.aspx
I decided open other specific post, for solve the problem that presented me. I followed this procedure http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/57/importing-to-muvizu-from-sketchup
Installed export ase……….IT’S ALL OK!!! The problem born, when I try import complex objects, o big, Muvizu give me a error message that say
THE OBJECT WHO YOU TRYING IMPORT IS TOO BIG O OUT OF THE SCENE
Also a simply rectangle, if exceed a determinate misure, cannot be import. I wanted import a city taken from Warehouse 3d, but I don’t know if is possible, maybe in Muvizu it’s not possible imported object big? Somebody said me, that maybe is a problem about the collision, I don’t understand the relation between the collision and the size of the objects, however I saw this video

I tried follow the procedure but I am Italian ,I cannot understand all. Is there a written documentation about it?
Repeat the questions:
1- Is possible import into Muvizu complex objects?
2- How can I do if the objectì’s size is too big for Muvizu?
Somebody could explain me step by step, how solve my problems?
Greetings
16/03/2014 11:54:34

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Peppe,

You are hitting two issues here....

1) Muvizu has a limit of 65335 faces for any one model, although you will run into trouble over around 40000. When you export the Sketchup plug-in tells you how many you have. If it's over 40000 then don't bother trying to load into Muvizu. You will have to cut up the model and import it in pieces. You can then group the pieces together in Muvizu although you will not then be able to move this object.

2) There are some quite restrictive limits when loading large models into Muvizu. You need to position yourself in the middle of the "Muvizu dome" - i.e. the whole scene and then press "Q" for 1 second to move up. This will get you into the optimum position to load large objects. Although the object you are trying to load is nowhere near too big to fit in, Muvizu will still refuse to import anything that is bigger than about a large house. For your city scape you will have to chop it up into bits and import them separately. So each building in the city scape I made for this video -
was imported separately.

I does get easier with practice.

I hope this helps.
16/03/2014 16:15:29

Muvizupeppe
Muvizupeppe
ukBerty wrote:
Peppe,

You are hitting two issues here....

1) Muvizu has a limit of 65335 faces for any one model, although you will run into trouble over around 40000. When you export the Sketchup plug-in tells you how many you have. If it's over 40000 then don't bother trying to load into Muvizu. You will have to cut up the model and import it in pieces. You can then group the pieces together in Muvizu although you will not then be able to move this object.

2) There are some quite restrictive limits when loading large models into Muvizu. You need to position yourself in the middle of the "Muvizu dome" - i.e. the whole scene and then press "Q" for 1 second to move up. This will get you into the optimum position to load large objects. Although the object you are trying to load is nowhere near too big to fit in, Muvizu will still refuse to import anything that is bigger than about a large house. For your city scape you will have to chop it up into bits and import them separately. So each building in the city scape I made for this video -
was imported separately.

I does get easier with practice.
I hope this helps.

Your video is very beautiful!!! Oh my god is so complicated all this! I have the panic! Then
1-I must divide the model
2- I must positioning myself o at center of the scene in Muvizu
How can I make it ? I mean, divide the object in Muvizu? However thank you, I understand many things right now!
16/03/2014 18:51:55

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Peppe - You cannot divide the model in Muvizu - you need to do this in Skechup.
Make sure you have saved your model then...
  • Decide what is the logical way to split the model
  • Highlight the parts of the model not in the first section and press delete
  • Highlight what you have left (cntrl-A) and centre it using http://www.smustard.com/script/MoveToOriginAndCenter
  • Then export
  • Repeat until all parts are exported
You do get used to this in time.
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? IMPORT COMPLEX OBJECTS FROM SKETCHUP INTO MUVIZU