Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
24/07/2014 14:05:52

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
I've rendered out an introduction to a video in Muvizu at 1280 x 720. It's only a ten second clip, yet when I watch it, there is an incredible amount of lag in the video. I have longer segments that I rendered out in 480x360. Is this issue a problem because of the higher quality or what? I need the larger size, but I also need it to playback properly. Help!
24/07/2014 18:51:37

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Can your PC usually run HD video seamlessly? It may be a problem with your media player/the codec used.
24/07/2014 19:33:14

muvizu_chapMuvizu staff
muvizu_chap
Hi Judy, it could be a hardware problem but if you;re using Muvizu with no problems it seems strange that the video playback would struggle. What media player are you using?
24/07/2014 20:58:19

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
I'm new at all of this, so my terminology/understanding is going to be pretty shallow. I was just trying to play it on Windows Media Player (which is what I've been using all along). I generally then take it into After Effects; however, I haven't tried that yet because of the lag. (I have absolutely no understanding of "codec". Could you explain that?)
Thanks in advance!
25/07/2014 10:50:04

MrDrWho13
I'd recommend VLC media player for anything that windows media player can't play: http://vlc-media-player.en.softonic.com/

A codec is something that compresses video. Different codecs have different ways of compressing the video. Sometimes windows media player and other media players do not recognize the video once it's been compressed with an unfamiliar codec.
(That's how I think it works anyway)

Hope this helps,
MDW13
25/07/2014 11:12:49

ekessler
ekessler
I always have this problem when I play the video with Muvizu running. Close Muvizu and I bet it goes away.
25/07/2014 13:20:36

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
ekessler wrote:
I always have this problem when I play the video with Muvizu running. Close Muvizu and I bet it goes away.

This doesn't seem to be the problem, as it won't even play smoothly on my laptop (which doesn't even have Muvizu on it.) I created it as an uncompressed video file, if that makes a difference. From what I had read on here, that seems best. Am I wrong?
I even just tried re-rendering it; no help. Still continues to lag.
edited by JudyJohnson on 25/07/2014

In fact, every video I render in 1280x720 is lagging.
edited by JudyJohnson on 25/07/2014
25/07/2014 14:07:35

MrDrWho13
Your media player is probably having issues with the size of the file. Upload it to YouTube and watch it/send one of us the link to see if it's still laggy.
25/07/2014 15:10:26

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Your media player is probably having issues with the size of the file. Upload it to YouTube and watch it/send one of us the link to see if it's still laggy.

Ahh, uploading it to YouTube made the lag disappear! Which is great. But unfortunately I need to do much more with the video aside from just that. It needs to be taken into After Effects to be combined with some animations, and then Premiere Pro for some further editing with additional audio, etc. Is there any way that I can condense the file to get rid of the lag so that it's usable?
25/07/2014 15:27:08

MrDrWho13
Using a codec to render it may reduce or even get rid of the lag, but at the cost of slightly lower quality.
Have you tried opening it in after effects yet?
edited by MrDrWho13 on 25/07/2014
25/07/2014 15:55:55

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Using a codec to render it may reduce or even get rid of the lag, but at the cost of slightly lower quality.
Have you tried opening it in after effects yet?
edited by MrDrWho13 on 25/07/2014

It seems to play fine in after effects as well! (I don't know why I didn't try that first.) Now the issue is it being blurry when it's in after effects... I think it's alright once rendered, but it's hard to work with as far as editing goes. But despite it working in After Effects, I'm still going to need to put the final videos on USBs to give away (it's a community betterment effort.) So if someone goes to play these later, it's still going to lag because of the huge file size. I've heard there are programs you can buy to drastically condense files down. Would that be worth looking into, you think?
25/07/2014 16:33:41

MrDrWho13
After effects will probably use a codec when you render the final thing, reducing the file size and lag. I suppose you could test this by saving the movie you have through after effects then trying to play it.
25/07/2014 16:36:04

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
how big is the file size?
why dont you convert it into mp4? smaller file size and still keep a good quality of video if you keep the bit rate high enough.
any video converter does the job well and its free, or handbrake but there a bit of faffing around with that program. but still free.
25/07/2014 17:51:14

ekessler
ekessler
fazz68 wrote:
why dont you convert it into mp4? smaller file size and still keep a good quality of video if you keep the bit rate high enough.
any video converter does the job well and its free, or handbrake but there a bit of faffing around with that program. but still free.

AfterEffects will certainly let you save it as a MP4. if AE is still blury play with settings, if not use the Adobe Media encoder and it will do it.
I use Adobe Media encoder cs5.5 (without AE) and it takes a 3gb uncompressed movie down to 60mb and it is still crisp.
edited by ekessler on 25/07/2014
25/07/2014 17:52:46

JudyJohnson
JudyJohnson
fazz68 wrote:

I think I finally have everything worked out after a bit of researching/learning. Like I said, I'm completely new to everything video making. I took an internship in May that turned out to be nothing BUT video animation/creation. I had never done it in my life. Ha! Needless to say, I'm now doing exactly what you all just suggested. Render in Muvizu>Animate additional effects in AE>Export from AE as .mp4>Import into PP>Combine everything/final edit>Export from PP as .mp4> Upload to YouTube. I think It will work. Thanks for your alls help! I appreciate it.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.