Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? For New Users ? Muvizu in a TV show

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
30/07/2014 01:35:25

oziabla
oziabla
Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself, I'm Manning and I run a children's television production company in Sydney, Australia.

Our show is a puppet-based (live action) production aimed at children aged 3-6 and we have just started using Muvizu Plus within our show.

We have been wanting to add small animated scenes to our show for quite some time (to bridge different segments). However with all of our (small) budget devoted to live action, we would have had to outsource the animation, and frankly we just couldn't justify the cost. Plus no-one on our production team has any expertise in animation.

Adding to the difficulty, it would have added a lot of scheduling hassle - you have to meet with your animators, explain your concepts, etc, which is a lot of time and effort for what would be (at most) 60 seconds of footage per episode.

When I discovered Muvizu I was just blown away - it solved all of our problems immediately.

Generally a "new" idea in animation means at least a couple of weeks before you see the final results. Yesterday we hatched an idea, scripted it, recorded the dialog (we have our own recording studio) and completed the entire 25 second piece, exported it to Targa and today we are cutting it into the final edit.

We have also started doing some greenscreen work - putting our live performers into the Muvizu scenes (we are compositing in After Effects). I'm looking forward to do the reverse (greenscreen Muvizu output being cut into live action footage).

Unfortunately I can't upload any of our work until it gets broadcast, but I'm looking forward to sharing it with you in a few months time.

A sidenote - we will soon be looking to hire people to create some custom objects and textures to be created in Blender. We'll do that through https://www.elance.com, although I'll post a link to the jobs here.
30/07/2014 10:44:06

CaroleMuvizu staff
Carole
Hey Manning - thanks for sharing this with us!!!

The team here can't wait to see what you produce. We loved doing the reverse Green Screen for our promo video - it's really effective.
Do keep us posted. I'm sure some of our regulars will be up for helping with those objects and textures too.

Really exciting!
12/08/2014 13:42:06

oziabla
oziabla
As noted I'm a composer and producer in Sydney.

Just for general interest, I thought I'd put together a demo reel. However I had to work out what stuff I still own the rights for (when you get paid to compose music, you typically don't own the rights anymore).

Anyway, here is a clip I uploaded just today. Covers pop, ethnic, folk, rock, big band and synth-pop

Here's an ad I wrote last year, which highlights orchestral work.

Here's a short film I composed for that I could actually find online. (There are more but I have no idea where they are).

If you can stand incredibly bad Australian Police shows, you can also look for a show called "Sea Patrol" on YouTube (although there were three different composers, so there's only a 1/3 chance that I wrote what you're hearing).
12/08/2014 16:20:18

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
me old mum loves sea patrol, infact she watches anything from australia lol. water rats being another favourite and all the aussie soaps. i am a big fan of the "underbelly" series. i would say they are some of the best tv ive watched. just how true to life they really are i dunno but i do love a bit of gangster violence lol.
anyways... excellent composing skills you have there, im very impressed
edited by fazz68 on 12/08/2014
12/08/2014 18:16:52

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Impressed by your versatility, Oziabla, nice stuff.

Also, sorry if I'm going off topic a bit, but I also loved Underbelly. Great show, especially the first series.
12/08/2014 18:21:19

muvizu_chapMuvizu staff
muvizu_chap
Blown away by your work, that's some proper music.
12/08/2014 22:17:26

oziabla
oziabla
Yeah, Underbelly was fantastic. But unfortunately I didn't get that gig. Sea Patrol made me feel dumber just for watching it.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? For New Users ? Muvizu in a TV show