Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? For New Users ? Getting characters to text and use mobile devices

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
18/09/2014 07:59:06

dennisamartin
dennisamartin
I just downloaded the free version of Muvizu to see if it can help me make a bunch of animations to describe the use cases of some products. It looks perfect so far - I just need to figure out if I can get characters to hold a cell phone or ipad and act like they are texting. Also get them to type on a laptop. I don't mind making some custom animations or 3d assets, I have an extensive 3d animation background, I just want to know if its possible. I would imagine this is a common action people want to animate, but didn't find any examples. I understand I will need the play+ version to have the character hold anything.

Any help much appreciated!
18/09/2014 20:20:51

muvizu_chapMuvizu staff
muvizu_chap
There are video tutorials and plenty of info here in the forums on importing your own models. If you are comfortable with 3D modelling you should have no trouble, the tricky bit will be working out which moves look convincing as you are stuck with those built in.

http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/93/importing-character-attachments

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/17248/Tutorial-06-Building-sets-Importing-3D-models
18/09/2014 20:38:50

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I could have sworn that there used to be a typing option, but I might be mistaken.

Update: Just had a look at this (pretty rubbish) video of mine form a few years ago, and the start definitely has the action:

edited by MrDrWho13 on 18/09/2014
18/09/2014 21:32:58

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
the typing animation can be found in the boardroom bit.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? For New Users ? Getting characters to text and use mobile devices