Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? hiding character from camera

the topic is closed
23/08/2010 18:18:04

ingie01
ingie01
Is it possible to hide a character from the camera to create the illusion of disappearing? (and reappearing) ?
23/08/2010 23:46:55

davidbowman2001
davidbowman2001
(Account inactive)
Maybe this might be of use.
Test of vanishing/reappearing character in Muvizu.
Done by making 3 movies:

1) Make Movie with character upto vanishing point..
2) Remove character and record (ignore Muvizu complaining there's no character, if only 1 character in scene).
3) Make Movie with character reinstated.
4) Join the 3 segments in either the Muvizu VideoJoiner (which didn't work for me) or with another vid editing app ( I used Johnny Vegas ! ).

{ I tried uploading the movie to YouTube but YouTube seems to be very slow just now so you can view the test here...
http://www.neolithicscotland.co.uk/the_lady_vanishes }

P.S.
Just tried a few other tests with movement in the scene and was unable to make the character disappear and preserve movement flow.
edited by davidbowman2001 on 8/24/2010
24/08/2010 10:25:57

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
the best way to do this (and most complex) would be to output your char on a green background (green screen) and you can do what you want with him in after effects or other compositing software....

sorry but theres no easy way to do this in muvizu...yet.........but this method defo works
24/08/2010 11:07:20

ingie01
ingie01
Thanks for the work arounds. I imagine that this will be addressed in later releases? A hide character check box on time line perhaps........
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? hiding character from camera