Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Problems with Import

the topic is closed
02/09/2010 16:42:03

Machine
Machine
Hi
I'm having a problem with Muvizu that I hope someone can help with. I am unable to access any of the import functions (Billboards, Decals, etc). As soon as I click "Import" I get a GPF and the program closes. Importing worked fine on the previous build, so I re-installed that (and turned down the offer of an update) but import funtionality didn't work anymore - I got the same GPF.
I haven't seen anything similar reported on these forums so I'm presuming it's something specific to my PC which is an Acer Aspire 6920g, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, NVIDEA GeForce 9500M GS graphics, and 3GB Ram.
Has anyone got any pointers as to what the problem might be? I have screen shots of the error message if that's any help.
Thanks.
02/09/2010 16:50:31

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Hi Machine,

Sorry you're getting a crash, can you email the screen shots to bugs@muvizu.com - and we'll have a look. It sounds like it's unrelated to the update - if you put the old version back on and it's still doing the same.

If you haven't tried already, try restarting your machine as well. It probably won't help but always the first thing to try for any tech support.
02/09/2010 19:36:23

Machine
Machine
Thanks for getting back so quick.
Rebooting didn't help but we had to try. I'll keep worrying at the problem, in the meantime I'll keep playing with Muvizu since the rest of the program works fine (touch wood).
Again, thank you for the swift reply. Support like this lifts your software to another level.
03/09/2010 12:08:17

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi Machine - can you give us some more details on what you were doing to import? For example did you just download and try an ASE file from a stock gallery site? Did you create it yourself? Did you do something like use the Google 3D Warehouse to import an object into Sketchup and try exporting it that way?

Cheers,
Jamie.

--
Direct, don't animate!
03/09/2010 13:12:03

Machine
Machine
Hi Jamie,
Trying to importing anything causes the crash, not just .ASE files. For example, when I try to place a picture on a backdrop, as soon as I hit "Import" the GPF appears. Also trying to create a video causes the same fault. It seems that any exterior file access is broken ( I can still load all the pre-built images to backdrops).

I tried a system restore to a date before I installed Muvizu, and installed the older version of the program which I know worked when I first installed it, but no luck - same error. Something is seriously fubared with my computer but so far only Muvizu seems affected.

If it helps, I am running Vista Home Premium and Muvizu is (currently) installed in C:\Muvizu

Thanks for continuing to try to help with what is obviously a problem specific to my computer and not Muvizu in general.

Machine
03/09/2010 14:13:42

Machine
Machine
Hi,
Good news! Everthing works now, but I'm not sure why... Here's what I did just in case it gives you a clue:
After my last post I rebooted my PC (again!), started Muvizu (the older version), declined updates, and immediately quit the program without creating or saving anything. I restarted Muvizu, again declined updates, and lo and behold all the import and video creation functionality worked again! I restarted Muvizu and this time accepted the update. Everything still worked! Including the .ASE import!
It doesn't seem to me that anything I did could have cured the problem, so I'm giving all the credit to you. I don't know what Celtic incantations you've been chanting, but they did the trick.

Thanks,
machine
03/09/2010 15:33:25

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Hi Machine,

I'm glad it's fixed itself. I had a look at the images you sent to the bug software. Which was perplexing since it seems that it was the open file dialog that was crashing it.

If it plays up again - let us know - and we'll see what we can do. Not that we did much this time.
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? Problems with Import