Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Windows 10 Update Issue HELP! MuvizuPlay+.

pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed
20/08/2015 01:07:04

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Windows 10 PC Upgrade/Muvizu Update=FATAL ERROR...
(waiting to hear back from Muvizu on this but want User feedback too in meantime)...

Windows 10 Update Issue HELP! MuvizuPlay+...I have a licence via email you sent from my purchase of MuvizuPlay+(which I may need you to resend), but my issue is this: I have my copy of MuvizuPlay+ on both my PC(Win7Pro still) and my Laptop(Windows10 update(from win7pro) as of today), I couldn't find info on Windows 10 and if it works w/MuvizuPlay+ or not, so I decided to test it out on my Laptop(with the new update) when I opened MuvizuPlay+ it asked me to download an update, I did and I overwrote my copy of Muvizu and now all I get when I try to open it is the image I have attached and it shuts down. I do NOT know what to do now, because I had planned on using MuvizuPlay+ on BOTH my PC and my Laptop..so now How do I fix this on my Laptop?
and will it work in Windows 10?
and I still have Windows 7 pro on my PC, how can I prevent this from happening on my PC as well before I go ahead and update my PC on windows10?
PLEASE HELP!!!
p.s. - I have a screencapture of the Fatal Error! but don't remember how to post it in forum posts!

Thanks, EEFilmz
20/08/2015 07:00:06

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
EE - Muvizu are having issues on some Windows 10 machines - I think it depends on your graphics card. By the sounds of it a new release in imminent and I believe they have addressed this.

I too have Windows 10 on my laptop and there's a bunch of things I'm trying to fix. I'm sure all manufacturers will get there.
20/08/2015 07:06:07

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
There have been problems regarding directx11 with windows 10 and since one of the most recent versions sets it as default it crashes on startup. For now, you could contact support and install Muvizu from an older install file which you might still have in your downloads. (I'd you don't, I might have one that works)
20/08/2015 15:15:53

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Thanks MrDrWho13 and ukBerty! 8)
20/08/2015 16:01:16

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
BrianGray just informed me how to edit muvizu properties to use DirectX 9 and it worked!! I got it open now I'm in shock lol
20/08/2015 19:30:45

MrDrWho13
EEFilmz wrote:
BrianGray just informed me how to edit muvizu properties to use DirectX 9 and it worked!! I got it open now I'm in shock lol

Could you tell us so we can refer to it in the future?
20/08/2015 20:07:42

BrianGray
BrianGray
Hello All...
This is what I sent to EEFilmz

To get Muvizu to load (On Laptop with Windows 10) you may have to force load DirectX 9. In case you don't know how...
1. Right click on desktop icon
2. Select Properties
3. Edit "Target" Command Line
4. at end on line just add -dx9
5. Click save then Ok button

SAMPLE: "C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\Binaries64\Muvizu.exe" -dx9
20/08/2015 21:13:51

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
So obvious when you see it written down... Good one BG!
21/08/2015 03:52:03

BrianGray
BrianGray
Thanks Zig. Hopefully they will fix DX11 issue soon. By the way hows the Movie coming?
21/08/2015 08:19:07

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
I have problems with my windows. The beagles sit on the window sill and dribble on them. I solved the problem by rebooting the beagles off the window sill and running an application of Wilkinson's Window Cleaner 3.0 and wiping windows with microfibre cloth 2.0 and a final debugging with clean bog roll 1.0.

As for Windows 10... I had to be led into a cool dark room when I was forced away from my beloved Windows XP to Windows 7. Having faced the nightmare that was windows 8 on the father in law's laptop I'm giving Windows 10 a miss.
21/08/2015 14:13:11

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
@ Dylly - LOL Big Grin One thing about W10 though - you still have a proper start menu, and the tiles can be turned off, so it's not like the disaster of W8.

@ Brian Gray - the movie is proceeding slowly. I can't use the new version (and I would really like to) because you still can't render out anything in TGA with DoF enabled in the cameras, so I'm stuck using 1.3 for the moment (no layers!). My sets make Muvizu creak at the seams, unfortunately...
22/08/2015 00:45:19

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Yes I agree with ziggy72, BrianGray made it an EASY fix by listing the steps! I assume when I upgrade both Muvizu and to Windows 10 on my PC, that I'll have to repeat the process, and it should work there too. Idid discover on my laptop though, that I don't have Xvidon my laptop so when I did a test animation, using MSV1 all I got was a black screen, and when I used IUV it was like huge 300-700mbs for a few seconds of animation. I am extremely cautious however of downloading plug ins and things now though, because doing so invited so much malware, adware, Trojans on my pc, that it set my projects back about a year and cost me $$, time, and a lot of aggravation. So, just saying I now finally have everything clean and working great, trying to keep it that way so I can move onto my next big animation project. Thanks ALL for the help! 8) EEFilmz
22/08/2015 02:43:47

BrianGray
BrianGray
Hey Zig...
not sure if you or anyone knows. But if you force load newest Muvizu (build 2015.08.05.01R) with DirectX 9 as I showed before and you have the FILE/OPTIONS/DIRECTX VERSION set to DirectX 11. The Layers work. I just double checked. Hope this helps.

Brian
22/08/2015 02:57:29

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
UPDATE: I just found out(on my Laptop), that after the forceload, if I click the Muvizu Icon on the desktop it opens, if I click the icon in the taskbar I still get the Fatal Error...Not a huge deal, just an FYItojust click the desktop icon I guess..or maybe you can replacethe taskbar icon with the one on the desktop..I didn't try...ALSO..This just in: Before I upgrade my PC to Windows 10, I was notified Muvizu has an update, ok so I updated..not once, not twice, but 3 times!!!..I know I'm running the latest build so what gives?? WHY am I constantly being told there's an update since I already updated Muvizu???...I'd like that problem solved before I update to Windows 10.

BrianGray wrote:
Hey Zig...
not sure if you or anyone knows. But if you force load newest Muvizu (build 2015.08.05.01R) with DirectX 9 as I showed before and you have the FILE/OPTIONS/DIRECTX VERSION set to DirectX 11. The Layers work. I just double checked. Hope this helps.

Brian
22/08/2015 03:12:11

BrianGray
BrianGray
Hello EEFilmz...

1. TASKBAR ICON IS NOT force loading DirectX 9. Just use the desktop icon (The one you edited) until we get a Final Release.

2. The reason for the maintenance releases every week (wishful thinking) is they are still working on this Update. It is not a Final Release Version yet. This is the best way for us to help work out the bugs.

Hope this helps

Brian
22/08/2015 07:56:11

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Will Do BrianGray Thanks for the info

BrianGray wrote:
Hello EEFilmz...

1. TASKBAR ICON IS NOT force loading DirectX 9. Just use the desktop icon (The one you edited) until we get a Final Release.

2. The reason for the maintenance releases every week (wishful thinking) is they are still working on this Update. It is not a Final Release Version yet. This is the best way for us to help work out the bugs.

Hope this helps

Brian
30/08/2015 08:51:19

remiel
remiel
BrianGray wrote:
Hello EEFilmz...

Hope this helps

Brian

Hey Brian,

Just did a Windows 10 update from a Win7 Home over here last night and didn't find this thread until it was too late

The -dx9 forced app load doesn't work for me here, but it does get rid of the fatal error shown below that pops up without the override, either I close the fatal error and the program escapes itself, or I use the override, then muvizu.exe locks up up after the Muvivu splash screens (both of them) open up. Running an ATI Radeon HD 4770 over here (I know don't laugh, it's old There are some documented problems with ATI CCC (custom controls console) with the supposed "new" drivers in 10, but I reverted to legacy and there was no change.

Gets about 292mb into the drive data then program seizes up and I have to stop the process with Task Manager every time.

Used the 8.05 install originally, updated to 8.20 then tried the whole install->update from 8.05 again after uninstalling. No go.

Could use info on progress a.s.a.p. was right in the middle of a project when this all fell apart.

Dump File (Muvivu.DMP as .zip) can be found HERE

Thanks,

Remiel
edited by remiel on 30/08/2015
30/08/2015 09:41:53

MrDrWho13
The DX 9 force thingy is meant to be used on the program rather than the installer is it not? Is this what you've done and have I misunderstood?

Oh and if you don't like windows 10 there is a revert to windows 7 option in the settings somewhere.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 30/08/2015
30/08/2015 13:37:25

remiel
remiel
Yes, the forced "install" as I called it was a bit inappropriate... forcing a DirectX 9 "application load" would have been better, is only done to the shortcut used to load the "muvizu.exe" file (application) and I've since corrected the post. Sorry for any confusion!

As for Win10... honestly, I love it. I have upgraded 4 machines without a hitch and their running better than ever!

Most of the problems people encounter are based on machines with so much garbage on them to begin with. A little regular maintenance, driver updating and file clean-up can go a long way when it comes to these types of OS upgrades. I'm a huge fan of CCleaner and use it regularly along with a monthly dose of DeFraggler.

I know its still beta, so I have nothing to complain about.

Rem
30/08/2015 15:47:13

BrianGray
BrianGray
Hello remiel… Not sure I can help but I’ll try.

JAMIE1 Wrote:

Hi folks,

We've had several reports of crashes after updating to v1.5

We are currently investigating the issue, but suspect it relates to the way we are detecting DX9 or DX11 and is primarily affecting Intel HD Graphics card users (either stand alone or as the part of a laptop setup where you have a NVidia for gaming).

We'll get to the bottom of this soon.

Thanks,
Jamie.

I discovered if you do the following:

1. Right click on desktop icon
2. Select Properties
3. Edit "Target" Command Line
4. at end on line just add -dx9
5. Click save then Ok button

SAMPLE: "C:\Program Files\Muvizu Play\Binaries64\Muvizu.exe" -dx9

After you force load DirectX 9 with the newest Muvizu (build 2015.08.05.01R) and you have the FILE/OPTIONS/DIRECTX VERSION set to DirectX 11. The Layers work.
I think it’s because the –dx9 command line switch bypasses Muvizu detecting DirectX and therefore any DirectX & Video Drivers Issues as JAMIE1 told us about.
I’m just asking, have you uninstalled your old ATI drivers/ATI CCC and just used Windows 10 default Video Drivers? I’M NOT SAYING DO THIS UNLESS YOU’RE VERY COMFORTABLE WITH THIS KIND OF COMPUTER WORK. I don’t want to make things worse for you. I can't think of anythig else. As you said there could be other software loaded that's an issue.
Hope this helps, Brian.
pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Windows 10 Update Issue HELP! MuvizuPlay+.