Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Mandy Character and a Mic

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
22/01/2016 02:01:35

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
blickfang wrote:
Or ....or.....our Muvizu developers could just add the bit of code to Mandy so she can sing :-D

Quite true!

I wonder if anybody has actually submitted this as a support request? Pointing out problems on the forum is not the same as submitting a support request.

Declaring problems in the forum is helpful in the sense that it makes other users aware of the boobytraps, and may warn others before they pursue a feature that used to work in a way that will stall their project. But all other users can do in return is offer their workarounds.

Bottom line is that every bug report that gets submitted on the forum for the sake of other users should be accompanied by an official bug report to support.
22/01/2016 02:50:36

blickfang
blickfang
Done! :-)
25/02/2016 21:31:43

theotherguy
theotherguy
I've just discovered something interesting, I too been trying to get the Mandy character to sing into a mic. I took the available 'pipette' and coloured the bulb and dropper black, adjusted the rotation and scale and have a perfectly okay mic.
25/02/2016 21:48:36

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
theotherguy wrote:
I've just discovered something interesting, I too been trying to get the Mandy character to sing into a mic. I took the available 'pipette' and coloured the bulb and dropper black, adjusted the rotation and scale and have a perfectly okay mic.

clever!
25/02/2016 21:50:58

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
theotherguy wrote:

This is classic Muvizu workaround spirit! None of this newfangled importing objects nonsense.
25/02/2016 22:03:54

blickfang
blickfang
These are all lovely suggestions. And I have no problem importing things (Thanks Pat). Heck you should have seen the trouble I went through to get my cathedral into a scene

HOWEVER the KEY thing we all seem to be over looking (except me) is Instrument/Microphone. When you're developing your lead singer character and you see that, you're on the right path. That character will get all kinds of singing related actions. Some of them ok. Some of them really really cool. And when they aren't available to a character you really want to use, well it kinda sucks. No imported Mic or pippette is going to give you those actions and there lies the root cause of the problem, which the folks at Muvizu tell me they are not going to do anything about. Perhaps the next new character will be able to sing and have even more cool moves; but have no head?
25/02/2016 23:52:44

theotherguy
theotherguy
Hi blickfang, like you I largely misunderstood what Muvizu is until fairly recently. Muvizu isn't really a 3-D animation program, Muvizu is a programmable game that uses the Unreal game engine. All the characters are made and programmed using other software. I've seen and tried to use that grade of software, in my case 3-D Studio Max, and it wasn't pretty. The fellow who (tried to) show me how to use it makes big bucks making sets and stuff for Ubisoft, I asked him if we could use the set he made in 3-D Max in Muvizu and he laughed out loud. This in part demonstrates why modifications are somewhat limited.

I use my gaming computer for Muvizu because it has a fairly speedy video-card, Muvizu files render way faster with a good video-card as the Unreal game engine uses all its features. All the great stuff Muvizu does , dynamic lighting etc is because of that. The downside is, when you have a few character doing multiple things, moving, speaking, looking around etc. - just like in a game - things can slow down, and crash. One way that you can tell the kind of load Muvizu is putting on your computer, is by listening to the (load sensing) cooling fans, just like when running a high end game, they are running full blast!

The best way to work with Muvizu is to work withing it's limitations, it's a $30 program, you'd have to add a couple of zeros to get something as capable and you'd spend months learning to use it. Eventually they will have more elaborate movements for all the characters, but in the meantime you'll have to figure out work-arounds. Happy Muvizuing!
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Mandy Character and a Mic