09/04/2016 11:38:32

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
gonzo wrote:
hello

avi import will not work : wrong file format

i use xvid codecs and uncompressed avi but it dont work with any avi file

is there any thing that i can do ??

If you mean importing into Muvizu, you need to do it on a background of some sort. So, for example, you could use a backdrop. Go to create-->backdrop then when you've created the one you want, you need to right click-->edit and click the image box. Then you press import and choose the avi you'd like.
This also works for TVs
edited by MrDrWho13 on 09/04/2016
09/04/2016 11:48:27

gonzo
gonzo
i have test it with some avi files and -> muvizu say "unknown file format"

i have watch this -> http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic3558-how-do-i-.aspx?p=f#post21653

and i have convert some avi's with virtualdub like the avi in this video but muvizu say's that avi is a unkown file format

and dont load it.

a new installation from muvizu and the problem is the self
edited by gonzo on 09/04/2016
09/04/2016 13:51:20

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
The video importer in v1.7 is very broke, it seems. It still works in v1.5, although the video is very washed out looking. You can download 1.5 here : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=49D7234E5E7C54B9%21161
09/04/2016 18:34:10

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
The only way I've been able to import avi video to backdrops was using avi uncompressed. I made a little video in after effects or premiere and export it as avi format, rgba format, codec as none, 15 fps. It couldn't be a long size video but that worked for me.

These are mediainfo specs of example file that worked:

General
Complete name : F:\Users\Rodrigues\Pictures\BallRotation.avi
Format : AVI
Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 27.7 MiB
Duration : 1s 933ms
Overall bit rate : 120 Mbps
Recorded date : 2014-10-30T00:00:08.00092Z
Writing application : Adobe After Effects CS6 (Windows)

Video
ID : 0
Format : RGBA
Codec ID : 0x00000000
Codec ID/Info : Basic Windows bitmap format. 1, 4 and 8 bpp versions are palettised. 16, 24 and 32bpp contain raw RGB samples
Duration : 1s 933ms
Bit rate : 120 Mbps
Width : 500 pixels
Height : 500 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 1.000
Frame rate : 15.000 fps
Bit depth : 8 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 32.000
Time code of first frame : 0 / 0
Time code source : Adobe tc_A / Adobe tc_O
Stream size : 27.7 MiB (100%)

Hope taht help
09/04/2016 20:50:45

gonzo
gonzo
hello

thanks all for the help

today i have tested the versions numbers 1-3-1.5 .. with some different avi files
and now i know.. this function will not work
but it is ok ist only a nonentity function
but now my regystration key is bad and i need a new on
and tomorow is only sunday
now i am back to version 1.7 maybe 1.8 will be better

nice we
edited by gonzo on 09/04/2016
10/04/2016 02:24:24

Rodrisilva
Yes my friends it's possible to have avi videos working in 1.7 version.
This is an example of uncompressed small avi video working in ground environement texture.
I'm using windows 10 and Muvizu 1.7.
The video was made in after effects with no codec using adobe engine only; it has to be a short video; in this case I made a seamless video to work on ground texture.

10/04/2016 02:34:22

Rodrisilva
Trying to help those who have been experiencing problems with videos on backdrops and textures here you have a smal video to try yourselfs.
Good luck

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ire-Bv_13iYmNDLW9lYk1kb28
10/04/2016 14:47:39

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
I use a video converter and change the codec to "Microsoft MPEG-4" codec. Somewhere in the settings or "advance settings" should be a setting that allows the changing of the codec. The video works like a charm every time.

I use the Xilisoft Ultimate Converter (Trial Version). The trial only allows the first 3 minutes to convert, but I never need more than .that
edited by bigwally on 10/04/2016
10/04/2016 18:04:41

Rodrisilva
bigwally wrote:
I use a video converter and change the codec to "Microsoft MPEG-4" codec. Somewhere in the settings or "advance settings" should be a setting that allows the changing of the codec. The video works like a charm every time.

I use the Xilisoft Ultimate Converter (Trial Version). The trial only allows the first 3 minutes to convert, but I never need more than .that
edited by bigwally on 10/04/2016

Impossible to me to use such a codec. I tried all available mpeg-4 codecs, changing an amount of renderization settings , but nothing. They didn't work. I 've achived sucess with avi uncompressed only, strangely only with After Effects.
Muvizu guys have to review this 1.7 version rapidly. I don´t know what they are expecting. Muvizu is an awsome idea. It means animation available to all . It is still used by guys like me, because it's wonderful mood and style. If they want users be proficient and addicts on Muvizu they have to do more. After all some of us bought this software because we were believers.
I don't accept excuses like Media Foundation issues and other codecs dysfunctions. I have tried this version in 3 different computers with variable hardware specs all last generation processors, graphic cards and software and bugs are always there. Finally Muvizu has to work in every machine independently of other applications we have on it. This away Muvizu is like a game where we never win.
13/04/2016 07:53:35

gonzo
gonzo
hi

may it be that the avi import > backround vidio
runs with windows 10 ??
my comp runs under windows 7
13/04/2016 17:08:38

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Rodrisilva wrote:
Trying to help those who have been experiencing problems with videos on backdrops and textures here you have a small video to try yourselfs.
Good luck

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2ire-Bv_13iYmNDLW9lYk1kb28

Rod, thanks for that VERY useful water AVI... I can use the heck out of that! And also thanks for taking the time to detail all the specs you used to create an uncompressed AVI that works in the current version of Muvizu... I haven't had time to try your recipe yet, but your supplied snippet proves that it works!

People going above and beyond the call of duty to share their discoveries and help others is what makes this more than a user forum.. its a virtual community of people who help one another! To substitute one word... FRIENDS! ;-)

===update=====
I just applied that AVI to the TALL SHIP set that Braj recently posted! Worked great! Only change required was to rotate the 4 circles surrounding the boat so the direction of animation matches the direction of the waves in the AVI !

I also experimented with keyframes along the lines of what Clayster has been doing... keyframes can be used to make the ship rise and fall and also sway from side to side in the waves... very cool! All these people contributing their clever ideas really opens up some new avenues for exploration and fun! Thanks to all!
edited by PatMarrNC on 13/04/2016
14/04/2016 18:24:50

gonzo
gonzo
hi
My problem with the avi files is resolved
under windows 10 it is no problem to load a avi backround file
14/04/2016 19:35:32

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
gonzo wrote:
hi
My problem with the avi files is resolved
under windows 10 it is no problem to load a avi backround file

Lucky you! I'm running windows 10 too, and except for the specially prepared water AVI that Rodrisilva made available, I am still not able to load AVIs onto backdrops or TV screens in Muvizu. They'll load, but the quality is very bad... looks like the old days of TV when you were tuned to a channel with no reception.

I tried the trick of exporting an existing AVI as uncompressed, but my video program doesn't let me change all of the settings to the ones Rodrisilva used when creating his water demo, so the resulting export is still not usable.

Hope this gets fixed soon, as I have a project in process that requires this ability...

since there's obviously some work to be done here, it would be cool if we could load MP4 video as backdrop textures.
edited by PatMarrNC on 14/04/2016
16/04/2016 16:15:31

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Interesting combination of three different threads:

1) Give Away Of the Day thread:
Today's GiveAwayOfTheDay product is a video converter utility (VIDEOSOFT), which has a HUGE selection of export formats.

2) Video Joiner thread:
One of the things this utility does is combine video segments into one video

3) AVI not working as Backdrop texture thread:
On a hunch, I took a video file and started exporting it as each of the AVI variants offered by this utility. (there are many!)
While most of the resulting AVI files did NOT load successfully into a backdrop in Muvizu, the export option named "AVI audio-video interleaved (*.AVI)" DID load! (there may be more.. I stopped as soon as one of them worked)

Thought I'd report this while its early enough for others to snag the freebie... meanwhile I'm going back to see if changing settings yields different results, and if it works on other videos besides the random one I selected

======UPDATE======

After more testing, I can add that I was able to convert several MP4 clips that were longer than a few seconds, and with no special settings, they each converted to an AVI that could be loaded into a backdrop! (Rodrisilva's technique required that the video be only a few seconds long, and with specific settings... so this buys back a little bit of flexibility)

There was some visual pixellation artifact occurring... especially at fades/transitions. Also the lower res videos had more of it than the higher res video. All in all, for a free utility, it temporarily gives us a way to continue adding AVIs to backdrops until Muvizu dev team has a chance to fix the core problem
edited by PatMarrNC on 16/04/2016
16/04/2016 17:28:24

bigwally
Just a little confusing...
Is there a link? Nag screens for Freeware? Name of the converter? (Videosoft is the name of the company, not the software).

PatMarrNC wrote:
Interesting combination of two threads:

Today's GiveAwayOfTheDay product is a video converter utility (VIDEOSOFT), which has a HUGE selection of export formats. So, on a hunch, I took a video file and started exporting it as each of the AVI variants offered by this utility. (there are many!)

While most of the resulting AVI files did NOT load successfully into a backdrop in Muvizu, the export option named "AVI audio-video interleaved (*.AVI)" DID load! (there may be more.. I stopped as soon as one of them worked)

Thought I'd report this while its early enough for others to snag the freebie... meanwhile I'm going back to see if changing settings yields different results, and if it works on other videos besides the random one I selected

======UPDATE======

After more testing, I can add that I was able to convert several MP4 clips that were longer than a few seconds, and with no special settings, they each converted to an AVI that could be loaded into a backdrop! (Rodrisilva's technique required that the video be only a few seconds long, and with specific settings... so this buys back a little bit of flexibility)

There was some visual pixellation artifact occurring... especially at fades/transitions. Also the lower res videos had more of it than the higher res video. All in all, for a free utility, it temporarily gives us a way to continue adding AVIs to backdrops until Muvizu dev team has a chance to fix the core problem

Caveat: the utility is free and functional, but there is a nag screen every time you convert anything.

edited by bigwally on 16/04/2016
16/04/2016 17:40:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
bigwally wrote:
Just a little confusing...
Is there a link?

The link to GiveAwayOfTheDay is in the thread titled ANIMATION FANS... but here it is again:

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

You have to sign up with your email address, and every day they send you an offer of free software, which must be DLed and installed that day, or the offer expires.

Nag screens for Freeware?

The software distributed on GiveAwayOfTheDay is NOT freeware.. it's all commercial software, usually in the $50 to $100 price range. Products are fully licensed, but they may be an older version or the lite version, and they really want you to upgrade to their flagship program . Having said all that, I'm not sure if what I saw was actually a nag screen to buy more features... or if it was just prompting me to select more available options. This was a quick & dirty test to get a specific answer I could relay to this forum, and I haven't comprehensively giventhe utility a workout. Looks useful so far. Your mileage may vary.

Name of the converter?
4VIDEOSOFT VIDEO CONVERTER

Here's a link to their page (if you bypass the Freebie site)
http://www.4videosoft.com/
16/04/2016 17:47:34

bigwally
GiveAwayOfTheDay for April 16, 2016 is a copy of iClone 5 Standard. Tried looking up the company "Videosoft" and Google has no listing for it.

EDIT - Sorry, the iClone 5 display was for a previous offer.
EDIT - Now I see the company's name is Wondershare and the software name is "4videosoft".
16/04/2016 18:59:18

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
bigwally wrote:
GiveAwayOfTheDay for April 16, 2016 is a copy of iClone 5 Standard.

I removed the part of the link that pertained to the expired iclone offer, but for some reason, cut and paste remembered it. So I replaced the link, and now it should go to whatever is the current offering of the day

Tried looking up the company "Videosoft" and Google has no listing for it.

EDIT - Sorry, the iClone 5 display was for a previous offer.
EDIT - Now I see the company's name is Wondershare and the software name is "4videosoft".

Sorry about the confusion Bigwally. Thanks for clarifying for anyone else who may want to check it out.
16/04/2016 20:19:35

Rocque
Rocque
I followed this link: https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/4videosoft-video-converter-6-0/# and before downloading had to make a post on FaceBook since I did not want to share my email address right now.

I will see how this works. Thanks for the share PatMarrNC. It seems we can not have enough animation tools...ha, especially when they are free. Let me know if you have any glitches with it and how it works for you.

Thanks.
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? avi import