Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Sjesus - Going to the beach

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
15/05/2016 21:14:43

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Well, another short little movie by me. No intention to offend anyone, just a funny joke. It was actually kind of a test to use bluescreens over backgrounds. I found a very nice sandbox 3d engine Outerra which I used the backgrounds for of the beach and the water. Outerra is an engine of the entire world. It is down-loadable as demo, but if you want you can buy it for $14 and then you can edit the world and import fbx models too. Check it out here: www.outerra.com

Ikes

15/05/2016 22:35:01

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Hi Ikes!
I was totally blind-sided by your surprise ending! Should have seen it coming, but for some reason, I didn't!

GREAT use of blue screen! I need to mess with that, it always looks so good!

Thanks for the info on Outterra!
15/05/2016 22:57:04

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Hi Pat,

Thanks! I hoped it was clear that he walks on the water, mayby had to put the girl a bit deeper in the water to make it more clear, but I think you got the joke.

Blue screens are quite handy if you dont want to build a hole scene in muvizu. The trick I used here is to take a screenshot of your background and make it 50% or so translucent so you can see trough the image. Put that image over your camera as image overlay and then you can line up the view of the background to the camera view. don't forget to remove it before rendering.

I have not yet explored all the features of outerra, but what I saw made me happy. you can directly record video inside of it. you can even build roads and drive on them. it has snow, rain and wind (storm) and even sounds of birds and waves.
15/05/2016 23:23:20

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Downloading outerra as I type... That looks really good, and I was recently pointed in the direction of Lumberyard, another 3d generator but more geared to making (1st person shooter type) games with. And that one's free, and as far as I know you can also shoot 'on the set' as it were. Anyway, nice vid, great sound fx, although surely with the advent of layers there's no need for bluescreens or greenscreens any more? I'm layers all the way, me
15/05/2016 23:30:35

Rocque
Rocque
Ikes,
It was funnier the second time I watched it. Even in a short film like this, I agree with Pat, we are anticipating what the joke will be, or what we are going to see. For those who read comments before watching, I won't spoil it. The first time I was looking at the sand and the water, and your characters, so missed what it was really about.

The second time I noticed the sunburn on the guy running to meet his friends, and that part was really funny. Did you do that on purpose?
It is better viewed smaller screen then full screen because the depth of the water looks better. That is some nice clear water, too. Where is that beach?

It is really nice of you to share your techniques and what you are using. Thank you for all the help you provide in the forum.
16/05/2016 00:07:51

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
ziggy72 wrote:
Downloading outerra as I type... That looks really good, and I was recently pointed in the direction of Lumberyard, another 3d generator but more geared to making (1st person shooter type) games with. And that one's free, and as far as I know you can also shoot 'on the set' as it were. Anyway, nice vid, great sound fx, although surely with the advent of layers there's no need for bluescreens or greenscreens any more? I'm layers all the way, me

Hi Ziggy,

Thanks for the direction, I will have a look at Lumberyard.
I did try layers, but somehow the shadows on the ground don't get rendered in the layer, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
16/05/2016 00:09:07

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I just got back from reading about Outerra and downloading it... this is an AMAZING resource for anybody who needs 3D terrains or backgrounds! For far less time and money than it would take to model a handful of assets, you can have the whole world in 3D, viewable from any perspective, pannable, zoomable... and it can import objects too! So you can bring sets directly into the world!

and for those scenes where you want to drive a car or plane or rocket... all the details just got a LOT easier! Did you say the whole shebang costs $14? Wow... if that price is correct, what you get for what you pay is unimaginably high in value-to-cost ratio!

But DANG! I didn't really need another learning curve right now! I grew up in the 60s and I'm down to my last 3 brain cells. It's all I can do to keep my balance, let alone learn new stuff!

Ironically, I had spent the day modelling a tree... and now I just downloaded about a million of them. I feel defiled somehow, yet in a good way. ;-)
16/05/2016 00:14:40

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
ikes wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:

Hi Ziggy,

I did try layers, but somehow the shadows on the ground don't get rendered in the layer, or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

There's a toggle on the layer menu (in the layer properties, where you first create them) to render separate shadows, which should sort that.
16/05/2016 00:18:01

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Rocque wrote:
Ikes,
It was funnier the second time I watched it. Even in a short film like this, I agree with Pat, we are anticipating what the joke will be, or what we are going to see. For those who read comments before watching, I won't spoil it. The first time I was looking at the sand and the water, and your characters, so missed what it was really about.

The second time I noticed the sunburn on the guy running to meet his friends, and that part was really funny. Did you do that on purpose?
It is better viewed smaller screen then full screen because the depth of the water looks better. That is some nice clear water, too. Where is that beach?

It is really nice of you to share your techniques and what you are using. Thank you for all the help you provide in the forum.

Hi Rocque,

Thank you for your reply. The sunburn on the guy was not done on purpose, I did use some brightness and contrast in de edit, so maybe that's the cause. You can't actually see what's all going on in one view, just to make it more interesting for the viewers to watch it again...
In this example i used a screen capture software for the water, that was before I found out that you can record video directly in outerra. I think the location of the beach was somewhere in Florida, haha.

I'm glad to be of help by sharing my experiences and findings.
16/05/2016 00:29:28

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
ziggy72 wrote:
ikes wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:

Hi Ziggy,

There's a toggle on the layer menu (in the layer properties, where you first create them) to render separate shadows, which should sort that.

Hi,
Well, I did found that, but I think I did it on the wrong layer with the characters. I just noticed if I do that on the background it gives me separate ground shadows. Thanks!
16/05/2016 00:55:20

theotherguy
theotherguy
Good one, Ikes! And thanks for the heads up on Outerra ,I will check it out ASAP! I'm use a 3-D game for some of my environments and it can be an exercise in frustration as you can't control the environment very well, the filming angles are limited, and you are occasionally attacked by monsters!

I use 'blue screen' as opposed to layers myself, that may change in the future, but I have tried rendering frame-by-frame and rendering the shadows separately and I find it too darn slow. The software I use, Vegas Pro, allows you to do some pretty good keys although the shadow could be darker. Matching shadows with environment shadows in Muvizu can be tricky as well.

Here is my latest using the game backdrop.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Sjesus - Going to the beach