Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? The End of the Chase

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
30/08/2016 06:24:11

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
here's my try at a T-Rex, i started off making it a bit too long, so I just cut to the end of the chase and made it a short video, bu t you should get a laugh!

It's also my entry for Pat's contest, not really worried about winning just having fun with muvizu

edited by clayster2012 on 30/08/2016
30/08/2016 11:29:26

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
LOL good vid, the lightning flashes were nicely timed too.
30/08/2016 14:33:41

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
hahahahhaha! That's AWESOME!! Where did you get those phone messages? They're perfect for this clip! Especially the Asian lady with the baby...
30/08/2016 15:44:04

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
hahahahhaha! That's AWESOME!! Where did you get those phone messages? They're perfect for this clip! Especially the Asian lady with the baby...

Zedge
30/08/2016 16:46:28

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
haha, nice one Clay! Good work
Did you use a hidden raised platform too? I guess you did, because I see his legs kind of slipping on the ground.
30/08/2016 16:52:14

ReggieMetalFox
ReggieMetalFox
Good stuff :-) and an impressive T-Rex !
30/08/2016 17:32:51

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ReggieMetalFox wrote:

yeah, now you need to show everybody how you built it up around the core character...
(every cool video needs a second video to show how it was done)

note to anybody else who plans to submit something for the end of summer contest:
Clayster has set the bar pretty high! Can you beat this? We want to see what you got!
edited by PatMarrNC on 30/08/2016
30/08/2016 18:41:55

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
its a little the way ikes did it but in a diffrent way, I'll reveal how i did it as soon as i get this headache!
30/08/2016 21:10:41

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
ReggieMetalFox wrote:

yeah, now you need to show everybody how you built it up around the core character...
(every cool video needs a second video to show how it was done)

note to anybody else who plans to submit something for the end of summer contest:
Clayster has set the bar pretty high! Can you beat this? We want to see what you got!
edited by PatMarrNC on 30/08/2016

Ok heres how I did it.

The head you see now isn't the head I used in The end of the chase, Its just a remake prop for this demonstration, I find it more effective to just keframe the head and Jaw, this way the head doesn't bob up and down and shake his brains out, besides it makes look more natural, and keyframing it doesn't take much work at all since the rest is controlled by the core character, much like ikes idea it uses platform but more to the ground, using the oblong from the abstract group I adjust it enough to use it like a track, so instead of walking in place, you can actually moved the character, and you can adjust the attachments to where it covers the core character completely, the video should show you more how Its all done, this was put together real quick like so it wont look as good as it did in the video.
30/08/2016 22:04:54

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Also the legs are attached to the feet, and the body is attached to the chest, when the legs are adjusted to where the feet meets the knees the legs work a lot better without the bow legged walk, and they are more closer to the hip, if the thighs attend to stick out when walking then adjusting the body and legs will fix it.
edited by clayster2012 on 31/08/2016
31/08/2016 14:12:07

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
clayster2012 wrote:
Also the legs are attached to the feet, and the body is attached to the chest, when the legs are adjusted to where the feet meets the knees the legs work a lot better without the bow legged walk, and they are more closer to the hip, if the thighs attend to stick out when walking then adjusting the body and legs will fix it.
edited by clayster2012 on 31/08/2016

OK, so if I understand correctly, the invisible block is what the internal character actually walks on... right? Cool.
The reason the T-Rex feet look like they're slipping on the ground is because the character is moving based on the step length of the internal potato head, whose legs are way shorter than T-Rex's. In order to compensate for the difference, the easiest fix would be to "green screen" the T-rex and then move his clip at whatever speed was appropriate to make it look like his legs were propelling the movement.

Or, inside Muvizu, a combination of actual forward motion plus an animated environment moving past him would accomplish the same thing.

Knowing what a great modeler you are, I'm guessing you modeled Mr T? Nice job! I hope this will end up in the store....
31/08/2016 15:42:42

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Yep pat I use it for a track for him to walk on, and the green screen would work to,but in the video I just lined up a track all the way down,and for the T- I model it in milkshape, I may redo it before I decide to put it in the store.
01/09/2016 13:50:46

AllClass
AllClass
Very funny, looks great too!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? The End of the Chase