Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? 3D artists: Chubby bellies (and other parts)

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
26/09/2016 04:55:50

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
It seems to me that one untapped way to customize Muvizu characters is through fat body parts we could add on. I'm talking about 3D pot bellies, bigger butts, bigger chests etc. The Beefy character, for instance, might read as a different kind of guy if he had a beer belly, and it's kind of surprising that we've gone this long without any pregnant bellies for the ladies. I think it'd be a problem if you were trying to make add-on chubby legs or something, that gets too complicated, but a belly that snaps on as a "belt" could work.

I've done a little experimenting myself with 3D programs, trying to make this happen, but I'm still a noob and it seems like some of the other artists here would probably do a much better job. If somebody wanted to make a "fat pack" and sell it in the store, I'd buy!
26/09/2016 06:33:08

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
clever idea, Mindiflyth! I agree, there's some untapped potential there!
26/09/2016 17:18:40

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
I could take a stab at it, that's my temporary handicap will allow me that is, but once I finish my next video I'll see what could be done!
26/09/2016 17:20:05

Speedking5
Speedking5
I have been messing around with the 3d allot myself lately .I saw that post you about tinkercard and that autodesk fbx exporter.Thank you!!Works way better for me than sketch up.Btw I you can also import objects from windows 3d Builder in to muvizu with AutoCad. I feel so dumb I just found out a few weeks ago that you if you hit the link button next to the scale button in muvizu it gives you more stretch options. I have been making things way harder on myself . so far I am working on heads and different props but yeah definitely opens up a lot more options! Ill try working on a Beefy Beer Belly this weeks. Working on heads right now and I made a pair of boobs For Mandi.

27/09/2016 01:33:17

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
I'm glad exporter worked for you, even though I have 3d Studio Max , I find myself using the exporter alot when I model with 3d Milkshape, I'm looking forward in seeing your final make on the Beefy Beer Bellies, good luck on it!
27/09/2016 23:30:17

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
Would these be bellies with navels and stuff, or just belly shapes so they could be part of the character's clothes? I'd love a Beefy belly, but I think chubby bellies for the ladies would open up a lot of story possibilities too. In addition to pregnant ladies, it'd just offer a little more body diversity.

My big problem with trying to do this is that the models always import as gray (and much too big or too small) and they appear really far from the attachment point, so it's a real struggle to get them the right color, adjust them to the right size and get them in the right place. I'm sure I'm missing some obvious step here.

Speedking5, those characters look great! They make me think of the old underground comics. You've taken it far enough that people might not even guess they were made in Muvizu.

Clayster, I really hope you do get a chance to do something with this. Your designs are always really impressive and finished-looking.
27/09/2016 23:59:32

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
mindiflyth wrote:
Would these be bellies with navels and stuff, or just belly shapes so they could be part of the character's clothes? I'd love a Beefy belly, but I think chubby bellies for the ladies would open up a lot of story possibilities too. In addition to pregnant ladies, it'd just offer a little more body diversity.

idea joggers for whoever decides to work on this:
1) Bubble Butt the Bootie Babe
2) Pauline Preggers
3) Estrogen Bill, the maestro of man-boobs
4) Popeye (Swollen ankles and wrists)

My big problem with trying to do this is that the models always import as gray (and much too big or too small)

This is where those base characters that Ikes and Ziggy put together come in handy... you can load one into your modelling program and size your accessories to match it. (note: you'll need to experiment to get the base characters sized right so exporting it to Muvizu it will come in at the same size as the characters. Once your base models are sized right, anything you size to them should import at very close to the right size.

and they appear really far from the attachment point,

OK, this is an easy one to fix. Any time you save something that's going to end up in Muvizu (especially as an attachment), think about where it will attach to the character, and move the model so the attachment point is at XYZ=0. When your model opens in Muvizu, it will be located as far away from the attachment point as it was from the XYZ origin in your modelling program

so it's a real struggle to get them the right color, adjust them to the right size and get them in the right place. I'm sure I'm missing some obvious step here.

see above for missing step regarding distance from attachment point. Regarding coming in gray... are you creating ASE files? or FBX?

Speedking5, those characters look great! They make me think of the old underground comics. You've taken it far enough that people might not even guess they were made in Muvizu.

Clayster, I really hope you do get a chance to do something with this. Your designs are always really impressive and finished-looking.
that's a very affirming statement Mindiflyth! I'm sure clayster and Speedking both appreciate your kind words!
28/09/2016 02:57:48

Speedking5
Speedking5
Thanks Mindi Im trying to get away from the Muvizu look as much as possible . I can only figure out so far how to export the color of the object I cant export or even figure out how to map a texture to an object. This is what I look a fort scaling you keep it around these numberss

FOr Objects

For character Attachments
28/09/2016 14:11:25

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
mindiflyth wrote:

Would these do, Mindi? I can see now why Muvizu didn't want to do it - it's tricky to get the bump lined up because the characters stand at funny angles. Also, you would have to paint the texture onto the bump to match the clothing (for characters like the one on the right), but I have UV mapped the bump so it's easy enough to change. I'm wondering if I should add a belly button as well...
29/09/2016 01:56:01

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
Wow, Ziggy, those are amazing! Are you gonna post those in the store? Like I said, I'd buy 'em! (Would those work on other characters, like the superheroes or Mandy, or are they exclusive to the Aardman-esque folks?)

Thanks so much for the tips about working with 3D objects guys! I've been dealing with some health stuff the last couple of months and I've fallen way behind on my Muvizuing (Muvizuage? Muvizuery?) but once I get back into the swing I'll definitely be revisiting this info.
29/09/2016 14:06:00

ziggy72
Once I've refined them a bit I'll put them up on the store - free, of course They are just an FBX attachment, so they'd work for any character. How well they'll integrate (with male characters and the like) is another matter, but I'll get back to the lab and do more research...
29/09/2016 14:06:01

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
hard to tell from a still shot ... lots of attachments that look great in stills don't hold up under the full scope of movements... but dang, sure looks good in a photo! Nice work!
07/10/2016 14:41:06

ziggy72
So I put up a kind of maternity dress - http://www.muvizu.com/Set/46985/Maternity-Dress

Only works on standard 'potato heads', and takes a bit of adjustment to get it to sit right depending on what the character is doing. But hey, it's better than nothing I guess
08/10/2016 05:34:27

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
Wow, Ziggy, those are just great! Any chance we'll see the bellies too?
08/10/2016 13:49:15

ziggy72
The problem with the belly is that I'd have to make a set with every combination for every character because we can't upload objects any more. I'll tidy up the UV and post it as a link to my Onedrive account later on today so everyone can download it.
08/10/2016 16:36:48

ziggy72
Get yer fat bellies here

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ALlUfF5OI9dJgTk
edited by ziggy72 on 08/10/2016
08/10/2016 18:06:24

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I'm not at my graphics PC at the moment, so I can't test how small you can make characters... but the new asian and south asian characters come with children that might be reducible to an infant (depending on how you frame the shot) They have round heads, so they keep that child-like appearance when you reduce them.

Thanks to Ziggy for responding to a forum request in such a timely and excellent way!
edited by PatMarrNC on 08/10/2016
08/10/2016 20:59:51

tonyob67
tonyob67
ziggy72 wrote:
mindiflyth wrote:

Would these do, Mindi? I can see now why Muvizu didn't want to do it - it's tricky to get the bump lined up because the characters stand at funny angles. Also, you would have to paint the texture onto the bump to match the clothing (for characters like the one on the right), but I have UV mapped the bump so it's easy enough to change. I'm wondering if I should add a belly button as well...

Cool Ziggy..Thank you
11/10/2016 06:01:57

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
ziggy72 wrote:
Get yer fat bellies here

I haven't been able to download these and open 'em up yet. These are just the bellies and not the maternity dresses, right?

In any case, thanks, Ziggy!
11/10/2016 15:02:23

ziggy72
The zip file contains both, so you can try attaching the maternity dress to other characters, or change the bellies/dress in a 3D package if you like. It also contains the UV maps for both so you can recolour them.
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Characters ? 3D artists: Chubby bellies (and other parts)