Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Import Muvizu AVI to Pinnacle Studio

the topic is closed
05/02/2011 10:14:51

OMenor
OMenor
Hello,

I try without any success to import my Muvizu files into Pinnacle Studio 14. I need to post-product some of my muvizu movies to add some transitions and special effects before importing the result into a Muvizu TV screen. I work with Windows 7 64 bits.

I tried a lot of codec and video sizes, but Studio does not reconize the file, or play it in a very bad way (CinePAK and Microsoft codec : sound OK when I play with Media player, but a no sount except a very noisy sound (hiss) when import into Studio).
I installed FFDSHOW v1.1.3721 (32 bits version, because 64 bits version is not listed in Muvizu render dialog box when I install it) and tried some codec (DV, MJPEG, uncompressed, HuffYUV) but still no success.

Can you help me ?

Regards,

OMenor.
05/02/2011 20:07:35

theKodu
theKodu
you won't believe this but I have an answer for you.
As a fellow user of the unstable abomination that is Pinnacle 14 I had this same problem. the answer and don't ask me why or how is to get a program called any video converter (its freeware) then convert the files using that to another filetype now I don't know how or why but converting the files allows studio 14 HD to use the newly converted file with all the audio etc in tact.

And no I have no idea why this works or why Pinnacle 14 is probably the only program every unable to view files made in muvizu.
06/02/2011 10:29:31

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Yep - Beware the Pie was assembled with Pinnacle Studio 14, because that's what I know and it does 5.1 sound.

I used the Microsoft Codec and I had to run the whole thing through Virtual Dub to get the sound synced properly.

Anyone got a suggestion for a replacement for Studio 14 that supports 5.1 sound and doesn't cost £900 ?

Berty
edited by ukBerty on 06/02/2011
08/02/2011 08:39:19

PinguinoStudios
PinguinoStudios
Your problem really is Pinnacle Studio (Sony Vegas isn't much better in my experience). I am fortunate enough to have access to both Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere and both seem to handle Muvizu files with no issues.

If you're on a tight budget you might want to look in to the light version of Premiere, Premiere Elements. I have not worked with it a lot (and never used it with files from Muvizu), but I used to have a copy I used for editing on an extremely underpowered netbook and it never let me down.

I believe the latest version is more feature rich than Pinnacle Studio or Vegas; I'm not sure about suppoer for 5.1. Mac users could also try Final Cut Express. If you're feeling brave Blender 3D - the free open source 3D suite - actually had a built-in video editor although the interface has a bit of learning curve.
edited by PinguinoStudios on 08/02/2011
the topic is closed

Home ? Publishing Your Video ? Import Muvizu AVI to Pinnacle Studio