Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Geraldo In Stockholm

the topic is closed
29/09/2010 20:10:59

barrys
barrys
Posts: 102
...is the working title for the forthcoming new Geraldo episode. Thought you'd like to know. I've written a script in my head and gone all 'new media' and interactive with a BLOG. I know, amazing.



Anyway, I'll post a series of 'making-of' articles that will chart my progress. It'll be as ambitious as the last one - Geraldo and the Plan - so you can see how I put together a complicated Muvizu video.




http://geraldoinstockholm.blogspot.com




Barry
permalink
30/09/2010 08:33:16

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Posts: 661
Barry
That is an excellent idea - it is very easy to produce decent animations with the software however to take it to the next level the advice and tips people like you can provide are absolutely invaluable.
I appreciate you doing this.
permalink
30/09/2010 10:44:26

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
Posts: 176
about bloody time! we've been starving for a new geraldo. have you considered giving geraldo his own twitter account? now you've gone all new media and shiz....
permalink
30/09/2010 11:26:34

Emily
Emily
Posts: 346
Brilliant!!
edited by Emily on 9/30/2010
permalink
30/09/2010 11:46:14

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Posts: 362
Hi barry, when I first saw your first short on geraldo, I knew you had a big plan for your characters.
The more I have watched them, I know that you have a long deep connection with your script.
The characters are deep, which is great, and I think you've had them in your head for a while.
Geraldo and the plan was fantastic, it blew me away, a real 3 act scriptCool
permalink
30/09/2010 15:10:28

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
Posts: 139
KerryK wrote:
have you considered giving geraldo his own twitter account?

I doubt it because I hear Geraldo isn't allowed to use the computer these days because he's been a very bad boy
permalink
07/10/2010 20:20:34

barrys
barrys
Posts: 102
Update: Blog's getting filled every day or two and I've written a script. The chase sequence eluded to in the blog has been built but those damned skull-and-crossbones have ruined everything*



Barry




*The Devs will set conditions for the art assets in Muvizu, such as, the number of texture slots, legal geometry, proper naming etc. If anything fails then the object gets spoiled by a big Skull-and-crossbones decal. Unfortunately there are quite a few dodgy objects in my opening scene. Damn, going to need to fix the material assignments on the palm tree...
permalink
07/10/2010 21:28:10

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Posts: 661
Barry
I think this is going to be a very useful project for everybody. I don't know, but I would imagine many Muvizu users (including me) are venturing into "movie making" for the first time and seeing how different people approach this can only help.
Also, it will be good to see how you approach different challenges you may come up against.
Thanks for doing this
toonarama
permalink
08/10/2010 10:12:00

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
Posts: 176
eeeeeeeeeek! cannot wait to see it! maybe just in time for halloween? any of you guys got any halloween ideas in mind? i'm working on mine at the moment - the homage to my favourite ad ever and it's quite spooky. i'm aiming for a halloween tie in for it's release... muhahahaaa!
permalink
08/10/2010 10:47:36

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Posts: 396
barrys wrote:
The Devs will set conditions for the art assets in Muvizu, such as, the number of texture slots, legal geometry, proper naming etc. If anything fails then the object gets spoiled by a big Skull-and-crossbones decal. Unfortunately there are quite a few dodgy objects in my opening scene. Damn, going to need to fix the material assignments on the palm tree...

Hi barrys,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem with the internal dev-build of Muvizu. Have you tried making the objects correctly in the first place?
permalink
08/10/2010 11:24:23

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
Posts: 176
Neil wrote:
barrys wrote:
The Devs will set conditions for the art assets in Muvizu, such as, the number of texture slots, legal geometry, proper naming etc. If anything fails then the object gets spoiled by a big Skull-and-crossbones decal. Unfortunately there are quite a few dodgy objects in my opening scene. Damn, going to need to fix the material assignments on the palm tree...

Hi barrys,

Sorry to hear you're having a problem with the internal dev-build of Muvizu. Have you tried making the objects correctly in the first place?


permalink
08/10/2010 14:02:52

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
Posts: 139
barrys wrote:
Update: Blog's getting filled every day or two and I've written a script.


Barry, unless you're doing anything fancy, you could use the 'Updates' section of your profile instead of an external blog. Will be easier for us folks to keep up with the progress...
permalink
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Geraldo In Stockholm