Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? WIKI

the topic is closed
15/07/2013 21:27:47

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
WOW, I just found the new Muvizu Wiki!
Thanks guys!

http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki
permalink
16/07/2013 09:42:04

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
Posts: 139
MrDrWho13 wrote:
WOW, I just found the new Muvizu Wiki!
Thanks guys!

http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki

Feel free to add anything useful to it at your leisure.
We'll be contributing more ourselves over the coming weeks and months too.
permalink
20/07/2013 15:19:34

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Posts: 142
I also throw a glance at the WIKI and surprisingly found something that will badly disappoint somebody here:



So, it may take a while until we will see scenes likes this in MUVIZU:


On the other hand this clearly enhances the chances that the kraken will arrive in one of the next Muvizu releases:


Looks like the first exemplar is just checked by the Muvizu crew !
permalink
20/07/2013 15:30:39

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
tripfreak wrote:
I also throw a glance at the WIKI and surprisingly found something that will badly disappoint somebody here:





LOL! I didn't spot that! laugh
permalink
20/07/2013 17:47:37

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
oh nice.. i write a lot i am sure i can come up with some stuff to add. This may come as a shock to people but in real life I am not a talker I grunt a lot so i get all my talking out in text on the internet. I had some things i wanted to make some little tutorials in muvizu to help people out revolving around use of blender for "newbies" so I can add the info's there. First I must finish my 'lets make a stickman walk' series though..
edited by urbanlamb on 20/07/2013
permalink
20/07/2013 19:41:45

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Posts: 142
tutorials in muvizu to help people out revolving around use of blender for "newbies"

Oh yes, please ! Cool

In the moment I could urgently need help in order to "extract" some cute little guys out of this blender file: LINK
There are 10 of those in the Blender file, but I only get the first one:

I would really appreciate if you could help me since I have no idea about cycles !
You can also directly load this file: here

Maybe you should open a new "Blender corner" where all questions regarding Blender could be answered !
permalink
20/07/2013 19:45:01

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
tripfreak wrote:
Maybe you should open a new "Blender corner" where all questions regarding Blender could be answered !

Lol, that's actually a great idea!
permalink
20/07/2013 20:21:25

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
tripfreak wrote:
tutorials in muvizu to help people out revolving around use of blender for "newbies"

Oh yes, please ! Cool

In the moment I could urgently need help in order to "extract" some cute little guys out of this blender file: LINK
There are 10 of those in the Blender file, but I only get the first one:

I would really appreciate if you could help me since I have no idea about cycles !
You can also directly load this file: here

Maybe you should open a new "Blender corner" where all questions regarding Blender could be answered !




lol cycles is a rendering thing so just ignore that.

the rig just delete it because its of no use to muvizu this is just for animating.

sooo try to save the materials and any uv maps that might be there and the mesh and delete the rest

this is not a newbie thing though lol. I did one tutorial on how to move files from a 3d site to muvizu already one for beginners but basically do what I said above and add some textures to the materials for muvizu to recognize. I have no clue what the face count on those guys are or whether its even worth bothering to fuss over them. Sometimes its just easier and faster to make your own. I suspect based on what i see I could make one from scratch faster in this case. I did build a set for experimentation in an hour using blender and the decimate tool to lower face count that is in my next video that was the type of tutorial I thought I would do for muvizu when i finish my stickman stuff which is not really for muvizu just for general learning
permalink
20/07/2013 20:24:10

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
MrDrWho13 wrote:
tripfreak wrote:
Maybe you should open a new "Blender corner" where all questions regarding Blender could be answered !

Lol, that's actually a great idea!




hehe just be careful because the intention of the wiki is for blender to muvizu not to teach all things blender. I do have some blender tutorials up for general learning but to be honest basic how to blender tutorials are plentiful on youtube.
permalink
20/07/2013 20:28:05

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
urbanlamb wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
tripfreak wrote:
Maybe you should open a new "Blender corner" where all questions regarding Blender could be answered !

Lol, that's actually a great idea!




hehe just be careful because the intention of the wiki is for blender to muvizu not to teach all things blender. I do have some blender tutorials up for general learning but to be honest basic how to blender tutorials are plentiful on youtube.

Perhaps you should put together a playlist on youtube of simple tutorials and put a link to it in the wiki.
permalink
20/07/2013 22:14:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
hehe Yes jamie put up a link on videos to watch on starting with blender on the forum awhile back. It was a decent list at the moment you need to learn to model in blender to bring stuff into muvizu I dont mind answering that and how to get stuff into muvizu I just dont think its helpful to cloud the issue with animation etc because then i get people yelling at me on forums calling me "lazy" because i wont build them a fully rigged and animated animal for muvizu use. Big Grin
edited by urbanlamb on 20/07/2013
permalink
21/07/2013 05:53:58

Dwarf
Dwarf
Posts: 133
THat's cool ! Good job !
permalink
21/07/2013 15:52:53

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Posts: 142
dont think its helpful to cloud the issue with animation etc because then i get people yelling at me on forums calling me "lazy" because i wont build them a fully rigged and animated animal for muvizu use.


I fully understand you in this respect !
Nevertheless, animations with rigged (blender) figures can also be done in other programs (even in Blender itself) and then the video output transferred to Muvizu (e.g. for a missing dragon).

Blendswap is full of cartoonish looking chars and objects that could either be used directly for the (Ase-)import into Muvizu or after animation in another 3D program:

Gromit character by Adokin on Blendswap.

Luckily I found a way to extract also the other guys from the Blender file (see above - I had to switch the layers since only the first layer could be used for fbx export) - Animation example with 2 other guys:
permalink
21/07/2013 16:45:08

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
urbanlamb wrote:
hehe Yes jamie put up a link on videos to watch on starting with blender on the forum awhile back. It was a decent list at the moment you need to learn to model in blender to bring stuff into muvizu I dont mind answering that and how to get stuff into muvizu I just dont think its helpful to cloud the issue with animation etc because then i get people yelling at me on forums calling me "lazy" because i wont build them a fully rigged and animated animal for muvizu use. Big Grin

Ah yes, I remember this topic...
permalink
the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? WIKI