Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu:Play (V1.0) Feedback

the topic is closed
09/04/2013 19:27:06

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
OK, I think it's time for us to say thanks for bringing out Muvizu:Play!

Thanks Guys! I'm loving the new timeline!
09/04/2013 20:55:39

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Initial thought after a quick mess around - They fixed the eye size problem!! You can animate eye size AND eye movement without them wiping each other out! Dreeko, it's finally happened!! And you can snap to Cue Points if you want - Mysto!! They heard you! Big Grin And Expressiveness actually means what it says - turn it down to nothing, and you have an (almost) neutral expression - brilliant. Also, now the characters have predictable expressions after copying and pasting - so very very welcome...as is having a scale bar relating to size, rather than to...to whatever it was supposed to relate to before

The fonts are still too small, and the Timeline looks tiny on a 1080 display, but the filter is a cool idea and also very welcome. Actually, why are the icons so small? I use the keyboard to control it anyway, but why make the play/stop/record buttons so tiny? I feel some newbies will lose the plot at first sight of the new Timeline (assuming they have good enough eyesight to actually read it, of course )

It's all looking good though, and Rosie has some good looks - lovin' the physics on the hair and clothes, really nice.

One question though - were are the Costumes & Clothes add-ons?
09/04/2013 21:12:03

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Ziggy - they are in assets > content packs

they can be accessed via Tools > content packs
edited by toonarama on 09/04/2013
09/04/2013 21:14:44

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
just finished quickly playing with it and I wont be redoing my present video but was playing with the new stuff

the little textures for the regular original characters are kinda nice. Rosie is nice she has so many different 'sits' something I had missed on the other characters and liked her moving hair and um small jiggle in the chest area *cough* and the tie on her uniform is also way nice.

I liked the timeline, but when I loaded a set in it had all the objects on the entire set on the timeline so I spent about half an hour unchecking all the boxes as there was no way that I could see to simply clear all object or all characters with a single click. Liking what i see so far with the exception of what happened when I loaded a set I was working with the other night. When I hit filter it has everything on the timeline I dont know if that is because it was an old set or not.

Rosie is way fun for sure!

I downloaded the costumes afterwards I didnt see it install but once I found them I found them fun saves me some texture work!

Not really seeing the price structure as working it set up with the assumption that everyone is going to be making a lot of money or very few videos I guess I found it rather high in price which saddens me so I had another project planed which I had hoped to move into muvizu unfortunately it will be staying with iclone because my pockets are simply not that deep
edited by urbanlamb on 09/04/2013
09/04/2013 21:28:15

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
After a quick look around the new Muvizu:Play! I have to say that I'm impressed! There seem to be quite a few obvious changes as well as many subtle changes too. Snap to que points, snap to events AND snap to time??? WOW! Things just keep getting better and better!

Well done team Muzivu! rock on Toast
09/04/2013 21:29:04

ziggy72
toonarama wrote:
Ziggy - they are in assets > content packs

Ah, so they are, thanks Toon - I thought when I downloaded the Full version of Muvizu it included all the content packs. Off to meddle
09/04/2013 21:38:37

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Lovely update, fast and smooth Bump
09/04/2013 21:51:12

MrDrWho13
Great comments guys, I love all the positive feedback for Muvizu:Play.

Keep the feedback coming!

Ps. I also love the snapping in the timeline.
Also, thanks for fixing my eye beams problem for beefy!
09/04/2013 22:29:12

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
An unexpected surprise when i got home today, thank you muvizu had a bit of a play with it. looking good so far but just one gripe...... why have you changed the watermark? this new one looks a bit pants Big Grin
edited by fazz68 on 09/04/2013
09/04/2013 22:51:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
fazz68 wrote:
An unexpected surprise when i got home today, thank you muvizu had a bit of a play with it. looking good so far but just one gripe...... why have you changed the watermark? this new one looks a bit pants Big Grin
edited by fazz68 on 09/04/2013

pants eh?
well actually even though its a bit pants in its defense if your like me and put the footage into a video editor and want to use pan and crop its easier to duplicate now so that its not all over the place

other then that yeah I agree i liked the old one
09/04/2013 23:07:10

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
oh yes mate pants the old one one had a bit of style to it, this one just looks rubbish Big Grin
10/04/2013 00:04:12

ziggy72
One more thing - thanks for adding the 'hands behind the back' pose as Handcuffed, but I really need it to work on a sitting character. Is that do-able? Also, I worked out that the movie I'm working on is half an hour, and I typically use at least 4 cameras per shot, each shot can't last more than a minute due to the file size issue (which is still there, I checked), and it has to be the highest quality, so to do it without the logo works out as...£1800?! Whaaaaa?
10/04/2013 00:18:12

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
The timeline is a bit hard to work with at the moment I am unchecking all the objects in my set one by one (i can see no other way) it seems to upon loading the set load eveything into the timeline each time even if you uncheck everything and save it that way the next time you load the set you have to sit there and uncheck all the boxes again (time consuming it is)

I am redoing one scene with the handcuffs as I found that animation.

Unfortunately as I said above and as ziggy said. If you make videos as a "small timer" we are not huge enterprises here the price tag for me to produce a 20-30 minute video in canadian dollars is (at the sale price) 300 - 450 pounds sterling which is about 750-1125 canadian dollars and maybe 20 dollars less in USD. At regular price its 1,500 - 2250 canadian dollars this is assuming there are no outtakes and I am able to do camera cuts precisely inside muvizu which is entirely unrealistic. I tend to export several camera cuts per take so i am looking at something like 5k to produce my 20-30 minute videos which might possibly make me a couple hundred bucks total :/

I know muvizu is way cool but these are not realistic prices
This is a tad disaapointing but I suppose for a one time pixar special that is going to be sold at the box office its a great deal :/

re: website i dont know if this is a typo or true (havent tried it yet)
- Max set file size: 25MB
- Max 3D asset size: 25MB
however 25mb for a set file is well way small :/
edited by urbanlamb on 10/04/2013
10/04/2013 01:31:15

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
In the interesting video on the homepage there are a couple of interesting things including sketches of horses and a walking M&M. I don't seem to be able to find them in this version.

I think I may have discovered a bug.

If you add custom textures to items of clothing via that item's menu, e.g. skirt texture, the textures do not appear in the ( in use ) tab until you deselect and reselect ( in use ).
edited by WozToons on 10/04/2013

After further use there is definitely a problem with the ( in use ) option and imported textures. You have to click in and out of it to get it to work.
10/04/2013 04:31:08

dazza101
dazza101
Wow. I am downloading Muvizu Play at the moment, but I am feeling a little shell-shocked at the prices for removing the watermark. CAN$23 per minute of video? Really? That makes it unaffordable for mere mortals like me. I think I will stick with iClone for now. Their content is high priced, but I create my own content and no watermarks to deal with. I suspect the pricing structure of the business use of Muvizu may need a little "tweaking." I hope so anyway...
10/04/2013 05:58:19

Nahton
Nahton
I used to be able to successfully run an older version of Muvizu and before trying Muvizu Play I tried to launch it and it crashed and generated a Windows error report. I downloaded Play hoping getting the latest and greatest would resolve the problem and launching it generated the same behavior. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers recommended by my OEM and the older version used to work. Is there a log file I can send for troubleshooting or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
edited by Nahton on 10/04/2013
edited by Nahton on 10/04/2013
10/04/2013 07:13:57

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
All going well so far.

Just a couple of things.......

• Urbanlamb is right - I would like a deselct all on the timeline filter - most things don't need to be there.
  • There does seem to be a little bug do do with focus. Sometimes when saving or particularly going to another application, when I return to Muvizu the mouse no longer moves you around the set. All you need to do is hide and display the timeline again and it comes back.

Just thought I'd better report it.
10/04/2013 08:10:54

ukBerty
The undo feature now returns you to the same state - i.e. camera movement or whatever - thanks so much for this.
10/04/2013 08:36:26

MrDrWho13
ziggy72 wrote:
One more thing - thanks for adding the 'hands behind the back' pose as Handcuffed, but I really need it to work on a sitting character. Is that do-able? Also, I worked out that the movie I'm working on is half an hour, and I typically use at least 4 cameras per shot, each shot can't last more than a minute due to the file size issue (which is still there, I checked), and it has to be the highest quality, so to do it without the logo works out as...£1800?! Whaaaaa?

Well, lets hope that you make lots of cash with it when you sell it to Pixar or something! ;-)
10/04/2013 08:51:48

ukBerty
I'm afraid I have my first serious problem with "Play", and it is of course a set compatibility issue.

I cannot animate actions for any characters brought forward from sets made in 23b. In prepare mode the animation fires, but nothing happens in direct mode.

If I copy and paste the character then the direction works again, but all movement and actions seem to be lost (is that right Ziggy - I thought they came over with a copy now ??).

Obviously I have about 40 mins worth of sets made with 23b and it would be a shame if I could not edit them in PLAY.

Bum.
10/04/2013 09:00:44

MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:
I'm afraid I have my first serious problem with "Play", and it is of course a set compatibility issue.

I cannot animate actions for any characters brought forward from sets made in 23b. In prepare mode the animation fires, but nothing happens in direct mode.

If I copy and paste the character then the direction works again, but all movement and actions seem to be lost (is that right Ziggy - I thought they came over with a copy now ??).

Obviously I have about 40 mins worth of sets made with 23b and it would be a shame if I could not edit them in PLAY.

Bum.

My set and the actions for the characters works fine.... maybe they are less complex than yours... hmmm...
10/04/2013 09:02:51

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
just about to go to bed but i have this issue with the characters I had to copy them and redo the scene.

Also with my sets unfortunately with all the objects in a mamoth set loading into the timelines and 20 bazzillion lights in some cases the entire thing grinds to a halt. I did manage to get one set usable but I can't shut muvizu down. I wanted to use rosie in one scene as I am almost done the video however it took me (must be crazy for attempting this) over 8 hours of unclicking lights objects as i did other work and sat and mindlessly clicked to remove them from the timeline. My hard drive chugged so badly at the beginning I thought it would crash but the set is now usable if i dont shut down muvizu. I consider this one a game breaker so will have to roll back to previous muvizu after this clip to complete the video (assuming I can find a copy hehe)

hopefully they hotfix this loading of every single item, character light etc into the timeline. So now I leave my pc on to do the animation in the evening tonight with a huge sign to not shut down muvizu or restart the pc on the monitor
10/04/2013 09:21:36

ukBerty
MrDrWho13 wrote:
My set and the actions for the characters works fine.... maybe they are less complex than yours... hmmm...

Mmm - Well I have tried creating a character in 23b from a blank set and animating him waving or something.
Save the set and open in Muvizu PLAY.
Then try and add another animation from the existing list, or even a new one and nothing happens.
10/04/2013 09:31:27

ukBerty
urbanlamb wrote:
My hard drive chugged so badly at the beginning I thought it would crash but the set is now usable if i dont shut down muvizu.

I've just stopped playing with Muvizu and have to do some work and noticed that everything on my PC was now sluggish.
Sure enough I have 6 Muvizu Play processes running even though I'm not in it.
If I start Muvizu Play and come out immediately then another process is added to the list.

Is anyone else getting this ?
10/04/2013 11:10:19

MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:

Mmm - Well I have tried creating a character in 23b from a blank set and animating him waving or something.
Then try and add another animation from the existing list, or even a new one and nothing happens.

I guess I'm just lucky then!
10/04/2013 11:19:49

MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
My hard drive chugged so badly at the beginning I thought it would crash but the set is now usable if i dont shut down muvizu.

I've just stopped playing with Muvizu and have to do some work and noticed that everything on my PC was now sluggish.
If I start Muvizu Play and come out immediately then another process is added to the list.

I'm not getting that problem, when I close Muvizu, it is no longer on my processes list. Hmmm...
10/04/2013 11:32:39

MrDrWho13
ukBerty wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:

Whoops! My mistake; I think I must have misread your post. I though you said the old actions didn't work (which they do), but you actually meant that you couldn't add more actions. I do have this problem!

hmm...

However, I'm not getting the processes problem that you have.
10/04/2013 19:17:12

ziggy72
MrDrWho13 wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
Also, I worked out that the movie I'm working on is half an hour, and I typically use at least 4 cameras per shot, each shot can't last more than a minute due to the file size issue (which is still there, I checked), and it has to be the highest quality, so to do it without the logo works out as...£1800?! Whaaaaa?

Well, lets hope that you make lots of cash with it when you sell it to Pixar or something! ;-)

Actually DW13, my alarmed looking smiley was in reference to the fact that my movie is not going to happen, not with this method of pricing. Flat rate, one off, or nothing. It's just the way I make movies - I generate a ton of footage and direct it though editing (like real films, funnily enough). The current pricing method is of no consequence to me, unfortunately, as I'm never going to use it. If there's not going to be a 'pro' version, then this movie's not going to happen.
10/04/2013 19:24:26

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
Also, I worked out that the movie I'm working on is half an hour, and I typically use at least 4 cameras per shot, each shot can't last more than a minute due to the file size issue (which is still there, I checked), and it has to be the highest quality, so to do it without the logo works out as...£1800?! Whaaaaa?

Actually DW13, my alarmed looking smiley was in reference to the fact that my movie is not going to happen, not with this method of pricing. Flat rate, one off, or nothing. It's just the way I make movies - I generate a ton of footage and direct it though editing (like real films, funnily enough). The current pricing method is of no consequence to me, unfortunately, as I'm never going to use it. If there's not going to be a 'pro' version, then this movie's not going to happen.

*sigh*

yeah I had something planned as well but as a "director" this present situation (something that I was worried was going to happen) is absolutely not the way I work or can work and never will be. This price structure (although even then its too high.. the reasonable price tag would be half a pound to a pound per minute max (even 1 pound is too high) will work for people who are into making small joke 1 minute/2 minute long videos on a whim for a friend. Anyone else is not going to be using this method its simply not practical. I just gave reallussion more of my money by the way. I had been saving it for muvizu but its a no go and I dont want to wait any longer for this project. My superman videos will remain in muvizu with hopes that something will be changing

*tries to stop whining*
10/04/2013 19:24:39

ziggy72
ukBerty wrote:

I was just referring to copying and pasting within the same set, where they used to adopt different starting expressions regardless of the expression slider setting, whereas now they don't. I would assume they still lose all actions and movement, same as before, when copied and pasted. I don't mind that so much - at least now we can wipe the smile off their faces!
10/04/2013 19:39:55

MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:
ziggy72 wrote:

*sigh*

yeah I had something planned as well but as a "director" this present situation (something that I was worried was going to happen) is absolutely not the way I work or can work and never will be. This price structure (although even then its too high.. the reasonable price tag would be half a pound to a pound per minute max (even 1 pound is too high) will work for people who are into making small joke 1 minute/2 minute long videos on a whim for a friend. Anyone else is not going to be using this method its simply not practical. I just gave reallussion more of my money by the way. I had been saving it for muvizu but its a no go and I dont want to wait any longer for this project. My superman videos will remain in muvizu with hopes that something will be changing

*tries to stop whining*

Well, this is how much it costs to make a movie now, in Muvizu or not! So, I guess this is what we will have to pay if we are going to make Hollywood blockbusters!

Unless, of course, Muvizu reduces their price range....
wink wink nudge nudge
10/04/2013 20:38:31

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
okay cough ignoring the fact that I have to mortgage my house to render out a video here is the "what's wrong" with the timeline stuff with a ?? beside it

I would have gladly have signed an nda and tested this on a weekend for you and sent you this information. I am good at keeping my mouth shut despite outwards appearances ask ziggy and a couple of others re: NDA stuff.

okay so here is the problem

your timeline loads everything into it upon start up. What it needs to do is start out empty and we pick and choose from a menu what to add. Not subtract it afterwards. ...At present this timeline is hogging memory even if I uncheck the objects. I have 12 gigs of ram and a 1 gig graphics card and was able to create epics muvizuzu movies last week.

Having said that after spending far too much time last night (all evening actually ) unchecking boxes on a set that I use a lot without paring it down (metropolis set) even after doing that. I could record animations and walks that seemed to work well, but I was fighting with this timeline and all the open menus that kept flipping open even after paring it down to find the stuff I needed. We need to be able to select what we want to see in the timeline this includes the submenues of the characters otherwise it gets horribly gangly. So if i am working on dialogue and head movement I need to see only that in my character not anything else.

Now as for actually getting dialogue to work well. Unfortunately with the massive lag and delay I was experiencing there was no way to sync the voices up (timeline issue again)

It took me about 1 hour last night to realize that I could not use muvizu play but I wanted to persist to see what all was going on.

So in conclusion I have had to uninstall muvizu play and roll back to 23b to finish my current project lets hope I can do this.

(edited to remove some of my typos..)

found another bug.. this render took me like 8 hours of work due to the timeline issues

10/04/2013 21:09:52

MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:
okay cough ignoring the fact that I have to mortgage my house to render out a video here is the "what's wrong" with the timeline stuff with a ?? beside it

I would have gladly have signed an nda and tested this on a weekend for you and sent you this information. I am good at keeping my mouth shut despite outwards appearances ask ziggy and a couple of others re: NDA stuff.

okay so here is the problem

your timeline loads everything into it upon start up. What it needs to do is start out empty and we pick and choose from a menu what to add. Not subtract it afterwards. ...At present this timeline is hogging memory even if I uncheck the objects. I have 12 gigs of ram and a 1 gig graphics card and was able to create epics muvizuzu movies last week.

Having said that after spending far too much time last night (all evening actually ) unchecking boxes on a set that I use a lot without paring it down (metropolis set) even after doing that. I could record animations and walks that seemed to work well, but I was fighting with this timeline and all the open menus that kept flipping open even after paring it down to find the stuff I needed. We need to be able to select what we want to see in the timeline this includes the submenues of the characters otherwise it gets horribly gangly. So if i am working on dialogue and head movement I need to see only that in my character not anything else.

Now as for actually getting dialogue to work well. Unfortunately with the massive lag and delay I was experiencing there was no way to sync the voices up (timeline issue again)

It took me about 1 hour last night to realize that I could not use muvizu play but I wanted to persist to see what all was going on.

So in conclusion I have had to uninstall muvizu play and roll back to 23b to finish my current project lets hope I can do this.

(edited to remove some of my typos..)

found another bug.. this render took me like 8 hours of work due to the timeline issues

I agree completely! The timeline needs fixing, auto uncheck for all boxes and possibly adding actions into the timeline without having to direct them!

Do you agree?

PS: are those the movement dots in the video?!
edited by MrDrWho13 on 10/04/2013
10/04/2013 21:16:50

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Hmmn...

Sad to report but..Yeah, I too have a problem with directing characters.

If you open one of the lighting sets from within Muvizu ( I chose "crystal clear") and prepare a few of the character actions (using the already on set character), then try and direct the actions, nothing happens!

The little guy just doesn't move!

No moving = no movies....Eek!

D
10/04/2013 21:19:59

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
Hmmn...

Sad to report but..Yeah, I too have a problem with directing characters.

If you open one of the lighting sets from within Muvizu ( I chose "crystal clear") and prepare a few of the character actions (using the already on set character), then try and direct the actions, nothing happens!

The little guy just doesn't move!

No moving = no movies....Eek!

D

Oh no! Duhh
10/04/2013 21:23:30

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
MrDrWho13 wrote:

yes they are
10/04/2013 21:26:43

MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:

yes they are

Whaaaaa?
10/04/2013 21:28:55

Dreeko
Ok. Now I have tried a few different sets ( a batman one, one from my apple iDea movie and a couple of others) and I can not add any further character actions to any of them using the existing characters....

D
edited by Dreeko on 10/04/2013
10/04/2013 21:34:18

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Dreeko wrote:
Ok. Now I have tried a few different sets ( a batman one, one from my apple iDea movie and a couple of others) and I can not add any further character actions to any of them using the existing characters....

D

This was okay after I deleted the character and replaced with a new copy from my favourites but anything sitting out from 23b had this problem. In comparison to the timeline lol that was easy to work around *cough* hehe.
10/04/2013 21:37:58

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:

D

This seems to be the worst problem that everyone has.

I think the order of problems from worst to ok is:

• V0.23b compatibility issues
  • Timeline to have all options closed at start and opened by user individually
  • Weird movement line glitch
  • Price - lower so that us average users can remove the watermark - therefore Muvizu makes more money off it.
  • Other issues related to the timeline

Do you guys agree?
10/04/2013 21:39:26

Dreeko
Thanks. I read that solution in an earlier post, we really shouldn't have to resort to that though.

Cheers

D
10/04/2013 21:40:13

MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:
Thanks. I read that solution in an earlier post, we really shouldn't have to resort to that though.

Cheers

D

yeah
10/04/2013 21:42:17

ukBerty
urbanlamb wrote:
In comparison to the timeline lol that was easy to work around *cough* hehe.

But deleting everything you've done is hardly a "work around", that's just starting again (I guess that's your point).
edited by ukBerty on 10/04/2013
10/04/2013 21:42:33

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

D

This seems to be the worst problem that everyone has.

I think the order of problems from worst to ok is:

• Price - lower so that us average users can remove the watermark - therefore Muvizu makes more money off it.

Do you guys agree?

If they dont fix the timeline i can't use it ever this be a call for massive rollback. Well if they dont fix any of that stuff I cant use it ever .. so anyhow.. They are all bad issues and should have been caught in internal testing because they were apparent within 20 minutes of use and everyone is experiencing them so I am not sure how it was not noticed ^^
10/04/2013 21:45:09

WozToons
I too have the problem with 23b sets and character actions.
The timeline filter needs an "uncheck all" radio button.
The ( in use ) focus on the item selector needs fixing as it's not updating properly.

These are simple but disappointing bugs that us testers could have picked up instantly if we'd been given this version to test.
10/04/2013 21:45:10

MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:

If they dont fix the timeline i can't use it ever this be a call for massive rollback. Well if they dont fix any of that stuff I cant use it ever .. so anyhow.. They are all bad issues and should have been caught in internal testing because they were apparent within 20 minutes of use and everyone is experiencing them so I am not sure how it was not noticed ^^

Who knows....
10/04/2013 21:46:58

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
ukBerty wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:
In comparison to the timeline lol that was easy to work around *cough* hehe.

But deleting everything you've done is hardly a "work around", that's just starting again.

That would be my sarcasm but even if i were to built a set now in the present muvizu would not be usable because of what its doing with the objects. I actually couldn't do any animation. Because of the massive lag that I experienced in unlit mode on my set. But I did go to the trouble of trying to set the characters up .... once I tried to work with new characters I still hit a road block. I was actually close to throwing my pc out the window after struggling to do some dialogue.
10/04/2013 21:47:11

MrDrWho13
WozToons wrote:
I too have the problem with 23b sets and character actions.
The timeline filter needs an "uncheck all" radio button.
The ( in use ) focus on the item selector needs fixing as it's not updating properly.

These are simple but disappointing bugs that us testers could have picked up instantly if we'd been given this version to test.

Yeah!
10/04/2013 21:47:45

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
if we are adding bugs to this list, can i add... the start up screen.... the watch tutorials message appears everytime i start even when ticking the box never to show it again.
any recent scenes do not show on start up, all i get is the empty set showing....
woztoons has already pointed out about the textures not showing when you go to add a texture you are already using....
doing the dialogue with 4 characters only the 1st dialogue part you do shows up in the time line

until you untick the next character and tick again in the filter

dont know if its just me this happens to.

i havent tried animating an existing set yet because i decided to continue using the older version of muvizu until id finished the projects im working on. quite glad i made that choice after reading all what you all have writen here.
edited by fazz68 on 10/04/2013
10/04/2013 21:53:27

MrDrWho13
fazz68 wrote:
if we are adding bugs to this list, can i add... the start up screen.... the watch tutorials message appears everytime i start even when ticking the box never to show it again.
any recent scenes do not show on start up, all i get is the empty set showing....
woztoons has already pointed out about the textures not showing when you go to add a texture you are already using....
doing the dialogue with 4 characters only the 1st dialogue part you do shows up in the time line

until you untick the next character and tick again in the filter

dont know if its just me this happens to.

There are just too many errors and I can't help thinking this was rushed....
10/04/2013 21:56:44

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
oh also the cameras are not compatible i forgot that one as well (seemed minor in comparison i guess because its only 4 cameras).
10/04/2013 21:58:52

Dreeko
urbanlamb wrote:
oh also the cameras are not compatible i forgot that one as well (seemed minor in comparison i guess because its only 4 cameras).

In what way?
10/04/2013 22:01:57

MrDrWho13
Ok, so the new updated list of errors in order from worst to ok:

• Price - lower so that us average users can remove the watermark - therefore Muvizu makes more money off it
  • textures not showing when you go to add a texture you are already using
  • dialogue with 4 characters only the 1st dialogue part you do shows up in the time line until you untick the next character and tick again in the filter
  • recent scenes do not show on start up
  • tutorials message

• Is there more?
    10/04/2013 22:04:53

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    Dreeko wrote:
    urbanlamb wrote:

In what way?

They were actually invisible I am assuming that since they now work on a percentage and are a new model that this changed it. This is likely what is going on with characters although the lighting seemed okay.. but i stopped looking at that point.. they all work on a percentage now. So they were there but I could not actually see them I had to move to them using the scene selector and they weren't there

I found the lighting and quickly fiddling with it .. it appeared to work.
    10/04/2013 22:09:17

WozToons
    I have emailed all this stuff to Bugs in the hope that he can sort it out. Big Grin
    10/04/2013 22:10:30

MrDrWho13
    WozToons wrote:
    I have emailed all this stuff to Bugs in the hope that he can sort it out. Big Grin

Now it's just a matter of waiting....
    10/04/2013 22:10:59

Dreeko
    You've certainly been putting the hours in for the greater good Urban!
    10/04/2013 22:12:29

MrDrWho13
    Dreeko wrote:

Yeah, why are you not an official tester? Just ask the people at Muvizu and I'm sure they'll put that shiny badge on your profile!
    10/04/2013 22:13:30

WozToons
    MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Now it's just a matter of waiting....

We live in hope.
    10/04/2013 22:16:06

Dreeko
    MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Dreeko wrote:

Yeah, why are you not an official tester? Just ask the people at Muvizu and I'm sure they'll put that shiny badge on your profile!

I've a feeling there may be more field testing after this experience!
    10/04/2013 22:22:05

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    Dreeko wrote:
    MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Dreeko wrote:

I would be glad to test its just they never asked for testers or seemed to be testing anything at the time that I started using muvizu beyond downloading it and playing with it for 5 minutes. I guess in a way its good there is no pro pay up front version hehe meanwhile if they need testers who will adhere to an N.D.A. I would be pleased to help out if it means that software is released in a relatively useable form.

Dreeko wrote:

I really wanted to add that rosie scene to my next superman video seeing as i needed a security guard. I am actually a pretty patient person and when i am watching tv at night i dont mind playing with software to see what is wrong with it. Anyhow as Woz says "lets see how long it will take". My email gets rather lost in transit at times to the UK (internet I guess) anyhow if they fix that lot maybe we can make something with the new characters
    10/04/2013 22:28:03

MrDrWho13
    Dreeko wrote:
    MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Dreeko wrote:

Yeah....
    10/04/2013 23:19:48

Dreeko
    Problems, problems.....just goes to show what happens when you put Muvizu in our hands!

We play around with it in the weirdest ways possible for the devs to imagine!

Testing for every eventuality of what we can do with it must be nigh on impossible to predict!

teething troubles, nothing more I'm sure...
    10/04/2013 23:26:43

WozToons
    Well said Dreeko and a timely reminder.

I for one am not disappointed by the good bits and only have an interest in making my most used piece of software even better.

I would never "moan" about Muvizu, it's just the crushing disappointment of hopes shattered that is so hard to bear. Big Grin

10/04/2013 23:31:39

gimmick
    gimmick
    hello,
    I note some problems:
    - crash app when I double-click on the camera window for to get a bigger size
    - when I zoom out with the mouse, it's sometimes impossible to go back to the initial zoom.

Also, I am not sure to understand the way of use the new costums (I got bugs on the skin of the characters).

And I prefer the graphic design of the old watermark
    10/04/2013 23:34:13

WozToons
    gimmick wrote:
    Also, I am not sure to understand the way of use the new costums (I got bugs on the skin of the characters).

After selecting costumes make sure you select the right type of character before you choose. If you add a boy texture to a fat man it will not fit.
    10/04/2013 23:48:48

gimmick
    gimmick
    After selecting costumes make sure you select the right type of character before you choose. If you add a boy texture to a fat man it will not fit.

Thank you WozToons.
    So it's an error of conception: when I choose the "man" character, it's not correct that the software propose to me the costumes for the "fat man" (and for woman, boy, girl, etc)
    10/04/2013 23:49:43

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    WozToons wrote:

I would never "moan" about Muvizu, it's just the crushing disappointment of hopes shattered that is so hard to bear. Big Grin

haha trying to get something done here but that made me laugh out loud werd They will fix it and um "time heals all wounds" or something like that..

anyhow .... i am now going to retire to my muvizu 23b to finish or hopefully finish the final scenes (minus rosie *sobs a little bit*) of my next not so blockbuster

hugs, puppy dogs and lollipops for all (or something like that)Buddies
    11/04/2013 02:01:27

WozToons
    For a little balance, on the plus side so far...

Camera windows and previews much improved as is focus distance and depth of field.
    Change location is no longer linked by default.
    Percentage sliders make things a lot easier to remember.
    Options and Make Video much improved.
    Timeline is much improved even if it needs a little tweaking.
    Sound waveform display is something I never considered but can see it becoming indispensable.
    Love the new corner backdrop.
    A few cool new stock images.
    Rosie.
    It's Muvizu and it's pay by choice but " free at the point of delivery ".

A thought occurs, if a new video is made using 23b and uploaded will it still be displayed on the website?
    11/04/2013 06:48:00

ukBerty
    WozToons wrote:
    A thought occurs, if a new video is made using 23b and uploaded will it still be displayed on the website?

Now that's a great question - although by the time I finish anything I'm sure it'll have moved on !

One last tiny issue, but really annoying. When loading a set you still get the "Object too small to import" error (although it still all imports) but now the "close" button is directly over the "abort" button which will stops the set loading. This can lead to a lot of swearing.

Devs, if you are tinkering with the code, please could you finally suppress this error message - it's wrong anyway.
    11/04/2013 08:06:22

InsaneHamster
    InsaneHamster
    It seems that I cannot use the sound that is loaded already with Muvizu it brings up a box that reads ERROR Lipsync data could not be processsed. Unless I am doing something wrong which I shouldn't be it as it seems to be done the same way as previous versions were done when trying to load the default sound.
    edited by InsaneHamster on 11/04/2013
    11/04/2013 08:47:01

Dreeko
    Another few words of comfort..

I know that when the busy little devs are beavering away on squashing the nasty bugs that arise from improving our beloved Muvizu sometimes more bugs appear.
    I also know that they do this right up to and beyond the deadline they have for releasing the new version.

The problems we are experiencing just now are probably from bugs which have newly appeared within the last build they created which would have been impossible to predict or test for as the deadline had been reached and they believed that the last bug squashed left them with a user ready version.

So. Fear not, my prediction is that the problems we face with this version have probably already been solved.

Many times I have bought a game for my PS3 or an app for my phone and the very next day I receive a message informing me that an update is available to correct something or other.

I feel this situation is no different for Muvizu.

Cheers
    D
    11/04/2013 09:28:25

barrys
    barrys
    Hi

This is great feedback, thank you all so much for being so enthusiastic and helpful. Rest assured that all of these points will be addressed as we roll out our usual updates to the software over the next week or two. Please keep the feedback coming in - it all adds up to an improved Muvizu experience.

So, please also look out for update prompts from Muvizu:Play...

Barry
    11/04/2013 09:46:30

gimmick
    gimmick
    There are some bugs in the new version but Muvizu is still a very cool software !
    When the sun is here, I often wear the nice black T-shirt "Muvizu director"
    11/04/2013 10:12:41

MrDrWho13
    gimmick wrote:
    There are some bugs in the new version but Muvizu is still a very cool software !
    When the sun is here, I often wear the nice black T-shirt "Muvizu director"

Yeah, me too!
    11/04/2013 11:11:27

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
    mcmillan-ra
    WozToons wrote:

Yeah, it will as long as you upload through the app or website.
    11/04/2013 11:30:08

mcmillan-ra
    urbanlamb wrote:

Hi Urbanlamb,

Do you have a way of getting the dots on the floor like that? We've had this a few times and we thought we'd ironed out the instances of it - but obviously one has slipped through - or re-appeared. Are they still there if you reload the set - and if so, could you send it to us to look at?

Thanks
    11/04/2013 13:18:19

MrDrWho13
    Ok, Here is the updated list of problems, in no particular order:
    • Price - lower so that us average users can remove the watermark - therefore Muvizu makes more money off it
    • dialogue with 4 characters only the 1st dialogue part you do shows up in the time line until you untick the next character and tick again in the filter
    • tutorials message won't hide
    • Double click on camera window crashes app
    • when zooming with scroll button, it's difficult to get back to where you were
    • "close" button is directly over the "abort" button - see ukberty's post
    • 'ERROR Lipsync data could not be processsed'

However, we do have some good points too!

• Camera windows and previews much improved as is focus distance and depth of field.
    • Change location is no longer linked by default.
    • Percentage sliders make things a lot easier to remember.
    • Options and Make Video much improved.
    • Timeline is much improved even if it needs a little tweaking.
    • Sound waveform display 'indispensable'
    • New corner backdrop!
    • A few cool new stock images.
    • Rosie.
    • It's Muvizu and it's pay by choice but " free at the point of delivery ".

Thanks everyone for finding these errors, and thanks to the Muvizu team who are doing their best to fix them! Thumbs Up

Have I missed anything?
    edited by MrDrWho13 on 11/04/2013
    11/04/2013 14:08:38

WozToons
    The camera window crash can't be replicated on my machine. At least not yet. I have tried.

Many of the issues are to do with "focus" selection. This has been a problem with the betas as well but seems to have got worse. The program should really remember where it was when you last used the menus as is pretty much the norm and expected these days, when I use programs I always select that option.
    11/04/2013 14:25:32

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
    Neil
    Thanks for all the feedback, folks. I'm endeavouring to tackle some of the UI issues that have been discussed here. Some of them were already fixed but didn't make the deadline, some have been fixed as a result of your feedback, and others will be addressed shortly.

I wanted to take the time to get you up to speed on where we're at, plus I have a few questions that you can help me with. I also want to thank MrDrWho13 for helpfully collating them all into a handy list. Seriously dude, if you ever want a job as my personal assistant, gimme a shout.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Timeline to have all options closed at start and opened by user individually

I can see how showing everything by default can be frankly a bit poo if you have a large set, but we have to consider the opposite problem of an inexperienced user opening the timeline for the first time and seeing it completely empty and not knowing how to (or realising they can) make things visible.

I wanted to ask what people thought of this. Is hiding everything by default the way to go, or would it be confusing? Is there a third option we haven't thought of?

In the meantime, I've added "show all" and "hide all" buttons to the filter dialog so you don't have to untick everything. Longer term we're looking at ways of saving the ticks into the .set file so they'll be remembered when you save and reload it. Hopefully we'll get a new version out to you soon with this in. They should've been there originally, but we overlooked them. Sorry about that.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    V0.23b compatibility issues

We've isolated the problem and already fixed it. Again, we hope to get a new version out soon with this fixed. We're sorry about this too.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    textures not showing when you go to add a texture you are already using

I'll be looking into that soon.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    dialogue with 4 characters only the 1st dialogue part you do shows up in the time line until you untick the next character and tick again in the filter

I'm pretty sure this has already been fixed, but I'll check.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Other issues related to the timeline

I think we're talking about Ziggy's issue with the font and button sizes. If not, help me out here, what have I missed?
    Everything in the timeline is intentionally small and doesn't have a lot of margin so you can see more of what you're working on as we've had criticism before about having too much wasted space in the timeline. Did we go too far?

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    recent scenes do not show on start up

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    tutorials message won't hide

There two are already fixed.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Double click on camera window crashes app

We haven't seen this one here at Muvizu Towers and we're working to find out the cause. Please bear with us and if you're having this problem, please work with Jamie and his team to help us diagnose it.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    when zooming with scroll button, it's difficult to get back to where you were

I confess I'm not really sure what this means. Gimmick, could you expand on what you mean here, please? Do you mean zooming in the timeline? Feel free to PM me, or discuss it here.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    "close" button is directly over the "abort" button - see ukberty's post

I'll look into this one personally as we can't have ukberty swearing. This is supposed to be a family friendly forum.

MrDrWho13 wrote:
    'ERROR Lipsync data could not be processsed'

This one's new to me. InsaneHamster, can you expand on how to get this error message? Feel free to PM me, or discuss it here.

---

Phew, that was quite a list. Hopefully that's given you some insight into where we're at. Please bear with us while we address these issues, and please keep the feedback coming (both good and bad). We're here, we're listening, and we haven't stopped beavering away.
    edited by Neil on 11/04/2013
    11/04/2013 14:31:00

MrDrWho13
    Thanks Neil!
    11/04/2013 14:33:38

WozToons
    Thanks Neil, I am sure that has soothed many a fevered brow.

Neil wrote:
    In the meantime, I've added "show all" and "hide all" buttons to the filter dialog so you don't have to untick everything. Longer term we're looking at ways of saving the ticks into the .set file so they'll be remembered when you save and reload it. Hopefully we'll get a new version out to you soon with this in.

Glad to see you have implemented my recommendation so swiftly. Big Grin
    11/04/2013 14:37:28

MrDrWho13
    Ok, Here is the updated list of problems, in no particular order, bold things have not been fixed yet:

• Timeline to have all options closed at start and opened by user individually - fixed enough for us!
  • dialogue with 4 characters only the 1st dialogue part you do shows up in the time line until you untick the next character and tick again in the filter - probably fixed
  • when zooming with scroll button, it's difficult to get back to where you were - unknown if this is fixed

• And, of course, we have good points!

• Camera windows and previews much improved as is focus distance and depth of field.
  • Change location is no longer linked by default.
  • Percentage sliders make things a lot easier to remember.
  • Options and Make Video much improved.
  • Timeline is much improved even if it needs a little tweaking.
  • Sound waveform display 'indispensable'
  • New corner backdrop!
  • A few cool new stock images.
  • Rosie.
  • It's Muvizu and it's pay by choice but " free at the point of delivery ".
  • Many problems have been fixed since release

• Thanks everyone for finding these errors, and thanks to the Muvizu team who are doing their best to fix them!

Have I missed anything?
    11/04/2013 14:48:10

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
    CrazyDave
    mcmillan-ra wrote:
    urbanlamb wrote:

Hi Urbanlamb,

Do you have a way of getting the dots on the floor like that? We've had this a few times and we thought we'd ironed out the instances of it - but obviously one has slipped through - or re-appeared. Are they still there if you reload the set - and if so, could you send it to us to look at?

Thanks

I've been trying to reproduce this today with no luck. I'm positive that the pink dots would not re-appear on a loaded set... and so the bug can be worked around by saving and re-loading. I would love it if someone could give me hint on how to get the bug to happen though!

Thanks, Dave
    11/04/2013 14:56:24

gimmick
    gimmick

Double click on camera window crashes app

We haven't seen this one here at Muvizu Towers and we're working to find out the cause.

For information,
    During the installation, I unchecked:
    - Visual_C++ Runtime_
    - directX Runtime june2010
    - Net framework 4.0
    (because I already installed for my 0.23b)

In the options, I choose 1280x720 and the program asked me if I want to stay with DX9 or use DX11
    11/04/2013 15:01:04

Neil
    ukBerty wrote:
    One last tiny issue, but really annoying. When loading a set you still get the "Object too small to import" error (although it still all imports) but now the "close" button is directly over the "abort" button which will stops the set loading. This can lead to a lot of swearing.

ukBerty, do you have a small set you can send to me that has this problem? If so, could you please send it to bugs@muvizu.com with a note to forward it on to me. Thanks.
    11/04/2013 15:07:11

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
    toonarama
    Neil

You asked in relation to timeline show/no show issue

I wanted to ask what people thought of this. Is hiding everything by default the way to go, or would it be confusing? Is there a third option we haven't thought of?

Would it be possible to have it set to show all by default (for new "lite" users) but possible to be set to show none (for the "heavies") by selecting an option like you have currently with the Direct X and default rendering choices?
    11/04/2013 15:53:45

Dreeko
    Neil! Thanks for the update. I'm sure you have soothed many a brow with your post!

I do have a suggestion for the timeline for you to consider ( assuming that you have not already thought of and dismissed it as rubbish!)

At the moment the timeline shows all objects, lights, characters etc ( everything in fact!) which has been created/placed in the set. Why?

Surely it would be better to only have the timeline for an object etc created once it has been animated ( or directed as we call it) rather than the second in appears on set?

I don't really want to have a time line for a chair that is never going to move or a light that will always stay the same. What's the point? If I wish to dim the light or move it around over time then at that point I will direct it to do so and only then should a timeline appear showing me the recorded direction blocks.

Some of the sets I have created contain a huge number (in some cases dozens!) of objects and lights, 90% of which would never be directed as the are only there to dress the set. To have every one of those items on the timeline is madness.

I shudder to think what Ukberty's and Ziggy72's timelines look like!

Yeah, timelines only for directed items please!

Cheers
    D
    edited by Dreeko on 11/04/2013
    11/04/2013 15:57:52

MrDrWho13
    Dreeko wrote:
    Yeah, timelines only for directed items please!

Great idea Dreeko!
    11/04/2013 17:13:55

MrDrWho13
    Ok, Here is the updated list of problems, in no particular order, bold things have not been fixed yet:

• Timeline to have all options closed at start and opened by user individually -fixed enough for us!
  • dialogue with 4 characters only the 1st dialogue part you do shows up in the time line until you untick the next character and tick again in the filter - probably fixed
  • when zooming with scroll button, it's difficult to get back to where you were - unknown if this is fixed
  • You can't rename any audio track - unknown if this is fixed
  • Rosie character - changing clothes colours then trying to scale her up or down results in flickering clothes. If scaled to fast, Muvizu crashes - see Fazz's post (http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic2639-bugs-in-muvizuplay.aspx?p=f#post15508)
  • Cannot use mouse to navigate after using another window - see ukberty's post (below)
  • Muvizu stays active when closed - Unknown if fixed

• Thanks everyone for finding these errors, and thanks to the Muvizu team who are doing their best to fix them!

Have I missed anything?
    edited by MrDrWho13 on 11/04/2013 - all edits below this are from posts AFTER this one
    11/04/2013 17:18:22

ukBerty
    Neil wrote:
    could you please send it to bugs@muvizu.com with a note to forward it on to me. Thanks.

All done
    11/04/2013 17:23:41

ukBerty
    MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Have I missed anything?

There's a mouse control problem that I not seen mentioned. Sometimes when returning to the application, or after importing something or as just has happened now, immediately after loading a set - you cannot use the mouse to move around the set. The keys work, but not the mouse.

To fix this I have to do something else - open a menu, switch apps that sort of thing and it comes back.

Not sure how anyone is going to track this down, but it's happened half a dozen times now.
    11/04/2013 17:26:56

WozToons
    I think that may be part of the "loss of focus, not updating menus" problem.
    11/04/2013 17:30:32

MrDrWho13
    Hmm, the formatting for the bullet points get lost every time I copy and paste my post into another post.... I'll just edit the previous list.
    11/04/2013 17:30:56

ukBerty
    Dreeko wrote:

It's er, expansive. The scene I am working in at the moment has 175 imported objects !

Dreeko's bang on here. Show us anything that has been animated. The rest are pointless.
    Nubies will learn that if nothing is animated then there's nothing to show.
    11/04/2013 17:44:16

rogdodge
    rogdodge
    ukBerty wrote:
    urbanlamb wrote:

I have, although I do not know why. I had to close my PC, which took ages to shut down but it all loaded again. Even this email hangs and I cannot type in, and then it works OK. Strange.
    11/04/2013 17:46:15

MrDrWho13
    rogdodge wrote:
    ukBerty wrote:
    urbanlamb wrote:

I have, although I do not know why. I had to close my PC, which took ages to shut down but it all loaded again. Even this email hangs and I cannot type in, and then it works OK. Strange.

I will add that to the ever-growing list
    11/04/2013 18:03:47

fazz68
    fazz68
    (Account inactive)
    id like to add a positve

this awesome scroll bar..... i can now use more than 7 textures on an imported model Toast
    11/04/2013 18:10:50

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    mcmillan-ra wrote:
    urbanlamb wrote:

Hi Urbanlamb,

Thanks

I think those are rosie's dots. I did not see them until I hit the make video button. Its possible that at one point after making the motion path I repositioned her a step back (this is something I commonly do once the path is layed its a more precise way of actually getting them to stop where you need them to) . Anyhow I am pretty sure those are rosie's motion path dots.
    11/04/2013 18:20:55

MrDrWho13
    Yeah, she travels along that line.
    11/04/2013 18:21:08

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    MrDrWho13 wrote:

Timeline to have all options closed at start and opened by user individually -fixed enough for us!

• the timeline needs to be redone its not right it just doesnt need tweeking its unusable its also the reason why muvizu is completely unusuable right now so unless they fix this as in completely redesign it for someone who is using more then 2 talking heads and a table and a chair then the entire thing is pointless. Its the cause of the massive lag I am experiencing the filter is only for visibility its not physically removing the data from the timeline. The timeline needs to stard out with no data none. We need to pick and choose exactly what goes into it and it needs to be stored that way. There need to be seperate menus on the timeline which open up into the timeline not this toggle stuff it simply wont work for this its far to complex.
    Within the menus need to be sub menues so we can choose what properties of each invidividual object, character, asset are going to appear in the timeline. I wish that moguls had been consulted on these issues because they would have known from the get go that this particular design was not going to work.
    11/04/2013 18:21:32

MrDrWho13
    fazz68 wrote:
    id like to add a positve

this awesome scroll bar..... i can now use more than 7 textures on an imported model Toast

I have to say, that is awesome!
    11/04/2013 18:23:49

MrDrWho13
    urbanlamb wrote:
    MrDrWho13 wrote:

Timeline to have all options closed at start and opened by user individually -fixed enough for us!

• the timeline needs to be redone its not right it just doesnt need tweeking its unusable its also the reason why muvizu is completely unusuable right now so unless they fix this as in completely redesign it for someone who is using more then 2 talking heads and a table and a chair then the entire thing is pointless. Its the cause of the massive lag I am experiencing the filter is only for visibility its not physically removing the data from the timeline. The timeline needs to stard out with no data none. We need to pick and choose exactly what goes into it and it needs to be stored that way. There need to be seperate menus on the timeline which open up into the timeline not this toggle stuff it simply wont work for this its far to complex.
    Within the menus need to be sub menues so we can choose what properties of each invidividual object, character, asset are going to appear in the timeline. I wish that moguls had been consulted on these issues because they would have known from the get go that this particular design was not going to work.

• Ok, I'll post the list here in a mo, updated with that info, thanks!
    11/04/2013 18:26:47

MrDrWho13

• Timeline problems (http://muvizu.com/forum/topic2645-muvizuplay-10-timeline-discussion.aspx?p=f#post15555)
    • You can't rename any audio track - unknown if this is fixed
    • Rosie character - changing clothes colours then trying to scale her up or down results in flickering clothes. If scaled to fast, Muvizu crashes - see Fazz's post (http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic2639-bugs-in-muvizuplay.aspx?p=f#post15508)
    • Cannot use mouse to navigate after using another window - see ukberty's post
    • Muvizu stays active when closed - Unknown if fixed
    • None of the textures fit fat woman - (http://www.muvizu.com/forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=2649&MessageID=15608#post15607)

Also, bullet points to copy and paste into forums. I have to go back and edit these lists every time I post them. Then after adding bullet points, I need to go back and make things bold again!

Thanks everyone for finding these errors, and thanks to the Muvizu team who are doing their best to fix them!

Have I missed anything?
    edited by MrDrWho13 on 12/04/2013
    11/04/2013 18:33:32

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    MrDrWho13 wrote:

Timeline to have all options closed at start and opened by user individually

not just objects
    characters
    lights
    everything
    also dialogue boxes need to be with the characters when timeline opens up not at the very top of the menu

(I hope I am not sounding cranky its a crazy day and i am just typing as quickly as i can in between the chaos )

I am focusing on timeline because this to me is not a bug its a design issue which should not have made it into the product period and needs to be fixed fast very fast. Dots on the floor invisible cameras everything else almost takes a back seat because you can cope with them in some manner and struggle on.

Also not fixed for me until I can actually use it at the moment I can't . Just folding the menus and having stuff off is not the answer it needs to be not there no menus none just the object or light or character or camera etc .. and again apologies for being cranky and very abrupt i am busy today. Anyhow now i will go away and leave you be ^^
    edited by urbanlamb on 11/04/2013
    11/04/2013 18:35:25

MrDrWho13
    OK, I'll go and edit that in
    11/04/2013 20:29:16

ziggy72
    Dreeko wrote:
    Surely it would be better to only have the timeline for an object etc created once it has been animated ( or directed as we call it) rather than the second in appears on set?

You know Dreeko, I didn't even try. I posted in this thread early on, after a quick mess around with Play, got Rosie to roll her eyes (brilliant looking when you can animate the eye size too!!), then closed Play and went back to work on my latest set with the 23b version. Then, watched with growing horror/bemusement/happiness/frustration in equal measure as this thread just got bigger and bigger with problems, some good bits, then bugs, more bugs, bugs on bugs, and the final realisation (as UrbanLamb pointed out) that the Timeline is just wrong for Muvizu. Might be right for something else, yeah, but not this program.

Another thing I realised after Neil's post (which was indeed very welcome, thanks dude) was that something I complained about ages ago (the vast expanses of wasted space on the old timeline) has been sorted, but now it seems like I'm complaining the other way and in fact it's too dense and tiny. Then it hit me - when I upgraded my machine with a (damn fine) video card, I also upgraded my monitor so that I could use the program in 1080p, not the 720 I'd used before. The full HD resolution is great, but it scales everything right down, and so the new Timeline now looks unusably tiny (to me anyway). Also, I'm not sitting a foot away from the screen like you do when at a desk.

Anyway, regardless of font sizes, having those tiny controls under the Timeline doesn't work at all - they should be bigger, and probably at the top of the Timeline window, closer to the centre of the screen where they are easily accessible. If you really want to keep newbies informed, show them the buttons to press. Can't hurt

Rambling on a bit, but all I really wanted to say was this - Dreeko's right. He's spot on, in everything he said in his post. If it ain't animated, I ain't interested - get it off the Timeline.
    Neil wrote:
    I can see how showing everything by default can be frankly a bit poo if you have a large set, but we have to consider the opposite problem of an inexperienced user opening the timeline for the first time and seeing it completely empty and not knowing how to (or realising they can) make things visible.

What about the camera? If you start anew, there is always 1 camera. Always. So, when a newbie sees the Timeline for the first time, and the only thing on it is Camera 1, and he looks at his set and it's blank except for a single camera... Well, if you can't work that one out then you shouldn't be allowed out of the house, let alone near a PC. If you want to have the flexibility to have absolutely everything on the Timeline the user could want, just add that as a right click option - "Add to Timeline". The item's track would be added, regardless of whether it was animated or not. All animated items are added to the Timeline by default as soon as you hit Record. How about that?

(the paperback edition of this post will be availlable soon)
    11/04/2013 20:37:38

MrDrWho13
    ziggy72 wrote:
    Dreeko wrote:

You know Dreeko, I didn't even try. I posted in this thread early on, after a quick mess around with Play, got Rosie to roll her eyes (brilliant looking when you can animate the eye size too!!), then closed Play and went back to work on my latest set with the 23b version. Then, watched with growing horror/bemusement/happiness/frustration in equal measure as this thread just got bigger and bigger with problems, some good bits, then bugs, more bugs, bugs on bugs, and the final realisation (as UrbanLamb pointed out) that the Timeline is just wrong for Muvizu. Might be right for something else, yeah, but not this program.

Another thing I realised after Neil's post (which was indeed very welcome, thanks dude) was that something I complained about ages ago (the vast expanses of wasted space on the old timeline) has been sorted, but now it seems like I'm complaining the other way and in fact it's too dense and tiny. Then it hit me - when I upgraded my machine with a (damn fine) video card, I also upgraded my monitor so that I could use the program in 1080p, not the 720 I'd used before. The full HD resolution is great, but it scales everything right down, and so the new Timeline now looks unusably tiny (to me anyway). Also, I'm not sitting a foot away from the screen like you do when at a desk.

Anyway, regardless of font sizes, having those tiny controls under the Timeline doesn't work at all - they should be bigger, and probably at the top of the Timeline window, closer to the centre of the screen where they are easily accessible. If you really want to keep newbies informed, show them the buttons to press. Can't hurt

Rambling on a bit, but all I really wanted to say was this - Dreeko's right. He's spot on, in everything he said in his post. If it ain't animated, I ain't interested - get it off the Timeline.
    Neil wrote:

What about the camera? If you start anew, there is always 1 camera. Always. So, when a newbie sees the Timeline for the first time, and the only thing on it is Camera 1, and he looks at his set and it's blank except for a single camera... Well, if you can't work that one out then you shouldn't be allowed out of the house, let alone near a PC. If you want to have the flexibility to have absolutely everything on the Timeline the user could want, just add that as a right click option - "Add to Timeline". The item's track would be added, regardless of whether it was animated or not. All animated items are added to the Timeline by default as soon as you hit Record. How about that?

(the paperback edition of this post will be availlable soon)

That's a great idea! (the add to timeline idea)

Maybe we could have the main timeline (with play and record controls etc) above all the drop down menu thingys? Also, you could make the play and record buttons a bit bigger?
    11/04/2013 20:49:05

MrDrWho13
    Maybe like this?
    11/04/2013 22:07:42

ziggy72
    MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Maybe like this?

Yeah, that kinda thing
    11/04/2013 23:13:39

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    I guess i am a bit baffled at this sort of almost paradox of introducing a complicated timeline that "newbies" can understand

Visual fixes and minor tweeks on this present system is not gonna help a whole lot. It looks fine and i "like" the idea however at present said idea is making is so I cannot use muvizu even if you fix all those bugs. A light user is not going to care much about this timeline issue. Those who care are the ones that are trying to make muvizu do sommersaults and create massive cinematic type things with more then one or two characters and 20 objects and a couple of lights.

So in all honesty making a complicated timeline a newbie would understand is a bit of an oxymoron i guess or paradox or both i can't decide which.

I am horribly worried that what is happening here is that "power users" or whatever you want to call us crazy people who want to make epic movies with custom built sets are being squeezed out in favour of people who are into 1 minute long joke videos placed on youtube with the hope of going viral. Although in that case a complicated timeline is not necessary simply put the wave file at the top of the old timeline and include snapping and its all good.

So where the issue is when we move beyond that. Anyhow I am beginning to worry my muvizu days are over as it seems that my please to have a functional complicated timeline are going unheard. If the intention is just to leave it that way with the filter and moving a few items out of it is what is going to happen it wont be anymore usable then it is now. Because well i would have to purchase a 70 plasma tv set to do my muvizu work on.

Anyhow I have done the best I can do. I posted a mock up and sent a mail to bugs@muvizu even though its not a bug hehe. I was just rather alarmed to read its "fixed for now" with that minor tweak which in the end wont actually make it anymore usable then it was that other night. The reality is I tried to prepare the timeline in such a way that assuming you did that fix you just posted that would fix it all i was fit to be tied as i tried to find what I needed to do workwise in that mess.

I love muvizu but this timeline breaks it. If the intention is to just make it so all those boxes are uncheck and do nothing more then for me I see a better solution to leaving in snapping, the new wavefile diagram and putting the rest back to the way it was because I will never be able to have more then one character and a camera line usable anyhow so I fail to see how this is a "new thing" when its just more cumbersome and completely does not serve the purpose of multilple characters etc in the timeline.

/shrug
    12/04/2013 08:45:12

mcmillan-ra
    Hello,

For those of you looking for the previous release - you can find them at the following links.

32-Bit

64-Bit

These are off our site rather than the mirrors. Either will work, but just in case you want them here.

If you run these you'll probably get told that the content packs have been updated. You probably can install them, and they should work. But, your mileage may vary.

Thanks again for all the feedback. It's made some happy men (people), very old.
    12/04/2013 09:11:17

MrDrWho13
    urbanlamb wrote:
    I guess i am a bit baffled at this sort of almost paradox of introducing a complicated timeline that "newbies" can understand

Visual fixes and minor tweeks on this present system is not gonna help a whole lot. It looks fine and i "like" the idea however at present said idea is making is so I cannot use muvizu even if you fix all those bugs. A light user is not going to care much about this timeline issue. Those who care are the ones that are trying to make muvizu do sommersaults and create massive cinematic type things with more then one or two characters and 20 objects and a couple of lights.

So in all honesty making a complicated timeline a newbie would understand is a bit of an oxymoron i guess or paradox or both i can't decide which.

I am horribly worried that what is happening here is that "power users" or whatever you want to call us crazy people who want to make epic movies with custom built sets are being squeezed out in favour of people who are into 1 minute long joke videos placed on youtube with the hope of going viral. Although in that case a complicated timeline is not necessary simply put the wave file at the top of the old timeline and include snapping and its all good.

So where the issue is when we move beyond that. Anyhow I am beginning to worry my muvizu days are over as it seems that my please to have a functional complicated timeline are going unheard. If the intention is just to leave it that way with the filter and moving a few items out of it is what is going to happen it wont be anymore usable then it is now. Because well i would have to purchase a 70 plasma tv set to do my muvizu work on.

Anyhow I have done the best I can do. I posted a mock up and sent a mail to bugs@muvizu even though its not a bug hehe. I was just rather alarmed to read its "fixed for now" with that minor tweak which in the end wont actually make it anymore usable then it was that other night. The reality is I tried to prepare the timeline in such a way that assuming you did that fix you just posted that would fix it all i was fit to be tied as i tried to find what I needed to do workwise in that mess.

I love muvizu but this timeline breaks it. If the intention is to just make it so all those boxes are uncheck and do nothing more then for me I see a better solution to leaving in snapping, the new wavefile diagram and putting the rest back to the way it was because I will never be able to have more then one character and a camera line usable anyhow so I fail to see how this is a "new thing" when its just more cumbersome and completely does not serve the purpose of multilple characters etc in the timeline.

/shrug

Urban, in a previous post, neil said that they were going to look into saving the tabs open to the set file. Why would this not solve your problem?
    12/04/2013 09:12:46

mcmillan-ra
    urbanlamb wrote:

I wouldn't say it's "fixed for now". I'd say we've put in a quick workaround that will (hopefully) help some people to be able to use it more than they can now. We are looking at ways to improve it for everyone. But, these other changes will take longer to do because there's a much larger amount of work needed to implement them - and it has more impact on other parts of the system.

Your (and other's) comments will help define our solution to this, so please don't give up on us.
    12/04/2013 09:20:31

MrDrWho13
    I have updated the list, see here, http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=2622&Page=5&MessageID=15524#post15524
    12/04/2013 09:21:52

Dreeko
    What you think of the idea to only show timelines for directed items rather than for everything? ( including kitchen sinks if selected!)
    edited by Dreeko on 12/04/2013
    12/04/2013 09:25:21

MrDrWho13
    Dreeko wrote:
    What you think of the idea to only show timelines for directed items rather than for everything? ( including kitchen sinks if selected!)

I think the users should have the option to show all animated items or show all items. With tick boxes or something?
    12/04/2013 09:42:18

Dreeko
    MrDrWho13 wrote:
    Dreeko wrote:

I think the users should have the option to show all animated items or show all items. With tick boxes or something?

I just can't see any possible reason for someone wanting to see items which they won't be animating on a timeline which is effectively a panel for controlling elements over time!?
    If they wish to view all items they have the scene window for that.

Timeline should be for time management and nothing more in my opinion.
    If anyone can explain to me the benefit to having timelines devoted to motionless and unchanging items I'd love to hear it. I really would!

I may be missing something here...
    Cheers
    D

PS: well done to mrdrwho for all his efforts in regards to collating all the bugs etc into a nice tidy list for folks to peruse!
    12/04/2013 10:04:29

MrDrWho13
    I think someone mentioned before that new users may look at a chair in their set, then look at the timeline and not see it there.
    It was just an idea, it doesn't really matter!
    12/04/2013 10:16:34

Neil
    I've created a new thread to discuss suggestions for improving the timeline as this thread is getting quite bogged down with it and I don't want other feedback from v1.0 to get lost in the discussion.

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=2645

If you have any feedback or suggestions on the new timeline in Muvizu:Play v1.0, please post them in that thread. Thanks, everyone.
    12/04/2013 10:32:17

MrDrWho13
    Thanks Neil!
    12/04/2013 14:00:16

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    MrDrWho13 wrote:
    urbanlamb wrote:

Urban, in a previous post, neil said that they were going to look into saving the tabs open to the set file. Why would this not solve your problem?

the sheer lag from opening those collapsable menus cripples your set and it takes hours upon hours to do anything.
    15/04/2013 18:41:30

simonhefferMuvizu mogulExperimental user
    simonheffer
    Once a thread gets to 7 pages I think a single thread search might be handy so here's hoping this is original...

I wanted to remove a custom texture from my character.
    I clicked on the custom texture icon and got the In-use screen. There was only 'None' in it and selecting None didn't have any effect.
    Selecting another group and going back to In-use filled in the other in-use textures. None still had no effect.
    If I then chose another texture and then None, it did work.
    However having gone back in again there's no 'Recent' to recover the original texture from (and In-use still only had None).

Simon
    17/04/2013 01:05:29

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    Hi i downloaded the newest version and noticed (when trying to crash the software for another reported bug) that a "hide all" button was added..

So i loaded up a set that had lots of things in it..

it took 30 minutes to load when usually its 1-5 minutes depending on the set
    and I tried checking in the hide all button and it hid everything, but
    its just a visual fix i guess? because the set was still unusable

anyhow I wanted to at least try it. Its one of the sets (the railway junction scene) I just used in that latest superman video

*rolls back to 23b again*

Read Report
    18/04/2013 17:19:17

Mike_Num_5
    Mike_Num_5
    Hi Urban, thanks for letting us know, I'll get your report added to the bug system just in case it's something that has been overlooked in the grand scheme of things.

We should have a wee patch coming out soon-ish for you guys.

Trying to iron out all the creases as best we can
    18/04/2013 21:12:03

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    thanks I would assume its the way the timeline is handling info .. just a wild guess really as to the cause of the lag even in unlit mode.
    27/04/2013 04:05:14

WozToons
    Wow, this is a good one, don't ask me I haven't got a clue....

Latest 64bit full on Win 7 Home Premium.
    27/04/2013 05:02:39

urbanlamb
    urbanlamb
    (Account inactive)
    ...and I thought i built large sets Whaaaaa?
    27/04/2013 05:31:06

WozToons
    Ha! Just checked it when you first load MZ and it says the same. I'm afraid I can't take the credit for this one, it's down to the devs.
    27/04/2013 07:35:52

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
    mysto
    I haven't had too much trouble loading any of my set files but then I like to keep things as "all Muvizu" as possible. It's just my personal preference. I like the look and "feel" of everything the program already has. Also, for anyone that's interested, Danimal and I are in the process of making the next episode of the Garage Band blues. It should be out within the next month or so.
    27/04/2013 17:18:51

simonheffer
    On the subject of loading, if I try to import a muvizu avi into a backdrop I get "This file is in an unknown format".

Simon
    28/04/2013 02:10:18

fazz68
    fazz68
    (Account inactive)
    i have a question, what do the little snap to buttons on the time like actually do? ive played about with them but i really cant see anything different happening whether they are on or off?
    30/04/2013 11:43:10

Neil
    We've just released a small patch to fix the crashing problem that non-English PCs were having when trying to edit an object, or when double clicking the camera window.
    Buddies
    30/04/2013 11:47:38

Neil
    fazz68 wrote:
    i have a question, what do the little snap to buttons on the time like actually do? ive played about with them but i really cant see anything different happening whether they are on or off?

Whenever you move anything in the timeline (a block, the current time marker, the start/end markers, etc), they can now 'snap' to other things in the timeline.

So for example, if you enable 'snap to time' and try to move the current time marker, it will jump between the ruler marks, but won't let you place it in the space inbetween. Similarly if you have 'snap to cue points' enabled, it will latch on to a cue point when dragged near it.
    30/04/2013 13:18:43

fazz68
    fazz68
    (Account inactive)
    thanks neil
    30/04/2013 19:36:09

MrDrWho13
    Neil wrote:
    We've just released a small patch to fix the crashing problem that non-English PCs were having when trying to edit an object, or when double clicking the camera window.
    Buddies

I keep noticing, and keep forgetting to tell you, the update 'splash screen' or whatever you call it still has the old logo on it. Maybe it's just me who has the old one, but it doesn't really matter.
    08/05/2013 15:03:02

WozToons
    Has anybody else got serious problems importing videos into backdrops etc. I have some videos that work fine in .23b but when I try to load them into 64bit PLAY it crashes. I have sent a report to Bugs but was wondering if it was just me or a fault with Muvizu. I am experienced with creating and loading videos into Muvizu so it is not a codec problem unless something has changed in PLAY.

HELP!!! This is a crippling problem.
    08/05/2013 16:16:14

simonheffer
    I have a similar problem I've already reported whereby it complains about the wrong format - even though it's a Muvizu generated movie I'm trying to import!

Simon
    08/05/2013 17:29:14

WozToons
    simonheffer wrote:
    I have a similar problem I've already reported whereby it complains about the wrong format - even though it's a Muvizu generated movie I'm trying to import!

Simon

I'm running the 64bit full PLAY version.
    I have just solved the problem on my machine. I uninstalled the K-Lite 64bit codec pack and all Muvizus on my machine, restarted and installed 64bit full PLAY and now things are back to normal. There must be something conflicting with Muvizu but that is beyond what little expertise I have. Big Grin

Hope this helps. Codecs are more trouble than they're worth. Damn Computer..
    09/05/2013 21:31:01

ziggy72
    2 suggestions regards right clicking :

Right clicking a light - could you have the brightness slider on the right click menu? It's the most common reason you'd be clicking on it anyway, when fine tuning, and it'd be nice to not have to get to the Properties windows every time. Even if it wasn't a full size slider, and had less definition, it would be helpful feature I think.

Right clicking an object - similarly, I find that when working with objects my most common reason to get to the Properties window is the change the Physics bit (floating, stood on, upright). You mostly need the Properties screen when you first create the object to colour and size it, but after that it's more about positioning it without disturbing any of the other objects nearby (so the Physics bit becomes invaluable, I find). I work with a lot of objects
    17/05/2013 08:49:58

ukBerty
    Just a couple of things I've noticed that don't seem to be an issue any more with Muvizu:Play...

• Not had any "File is in use" errors when creating AVIs - you know, where you had to delete the old AVI before it would overwrite.
    • The characters do not seem to skid to a halt if you start recording half way through a movement. This is a great fix as it was truly annoying.

And I love the anti-alias fix, I use this mode all the time- thanks so much chaps.

Just thought I'd give you some praise on a Friday morning.
    26/05/2013 21:29:47

ziggy72
    Another issue (or maybe the same one reported again, I dunno, I'm not trawling through every Play related post to find out). When animating cameras, for some reason they pick up 'roll' - literally, they accumulate it if you keep replaying the same camera movement, the Roll slider increases and causes the camera to 'shudder', giving it a choppy look. Resetting the Roll slider to 0 doesn't fix it, it just keeps on changing every time you run the camera movement (sometimes jumping up to 360 degrees, and then back to 359 for some reason). This is not good.

After more testing, found that it didn't effect a different camera - but this time I was animating linear movement, as opposed to rotational movement. I'll try to narrow it down a bit
    edited by ziggy72 on 27/05/2013
    28/05/2013 22:05:37

ziggy72
    Another further different issue. The Sinister character wont stop breathing - when set to 'not breathe', he stops when the Timeline is active, but then resumes breathing when you Make Video. Tried the other characters - only seems to affect the new Hero ones. Also only just remembered that Sinister has NO actions that can be performed sitting, and in the vid I'm making he sits the whole time. Please tell me you're going to do something about the sitting/standing situation for character actions, it's really making it hard to put these animations together when everyone has to stand all the time for it to work.
    17/08/2013 11:38:10

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
    Danimal
    Finally had a stable enough internet connection to download the latest version. I noticed no new actions or accessories for the older cartoony characters. I also noticed both a win and a caveat:

WIN - when you select an action that is the opposite of your character's current position (sit or stand), he will automatically sit or stand to perform the action, no need to hit a button to change.

CAVEAT - the characters no longer go into a "neutral" pose when you use idle drumming when standing or idle guitar for sitting. This makes me very sad.

I'll keep checking around but those were my first thoughts.
    the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? Muvizu:Play (V1.0) Feedback