Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Feedback ? What actions would Muvizuers like to have?

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | the topic is closed
07/10/2010 16:28:40

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Hi folks

Just wondered if there will be an animation of someone playing the mouth organ when the musical instruments arive in November?

Thought it would be a good addition to the western theme

Cheers

D

ps: Thanks again to all at Muvizu for everything! beer

Having a great time using Muvizu on a decent puter now!
07/10/2010 18:44:32

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I'm impressed with the library of movements that is already included with Muvizu but there is always room for more. I too would like more control over the more subtle movements such as being able to control the arms, hands, legs and facial features and hopefully these things will be addressed in future releases of the software. In the mean time I am having a great time using the features that are already available. I am finding that with a bit of "trial and error" and a little creativity you can do quite a lot with the characters right now. I have a feeling that this is only the beginning for the software and we may all be surprised at what the Muvizu team has in store for us in the future.

I have been a student and creator of cartoons and animation in various forms for about 30 years now. I've done traditional cell animation (VERY labor intensive), cutout animation, stop motion animation, claymation and just about everything in between. I even drew comic strips for newspapers back in the 80's. I have a fairly large library of books about the subject but my favorite book is Disney Animation the illusion of life by Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas. That book is a whole college course on animation and I highly recommend it to anyone serious about animation.

Anyway, back to the subject at hand.

Team Muvizu are doing a great job. They seem to listen to their users and their wants. They have an amazing piece of software that will only get better and better. Like the rest of you, I have my "wish list" of features I'd like to see and hopefully I'll see a few of those features in future releases. In the mean time I'll be trying to push what we have now to the limits.
07/10/2010 19:41:39

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
I agree with all above - subtlety and more control over the existing animations would probably allow most actions you could think of, rather than just adding more and more preset animations. One thing I don't agree with is Kaynine's point about guns. Slapstick guns should be in there, absolutely, but so should guns used normally. I'm struggling to think of any of my favourite films that don't include guns or weapons...2001 is about the only one that really springs to mind. Point is, I don't think you cant ignore such a fundamental part of modern storytelling - this is a sad reflection on our society for sure, but that's just the way it is. This is about an animation program, not morality. The creator must have freedom to express their stories how they want to, good or bad, without restrictions.

And if we don't have guns, then what about bows and arrows? Swords? Light sabres? Hammers? Weaponry and stories are almost always interlinked, and I believe the Dev team should include them properly. We have a Military set without guns - what's the point? And the Western set? No chance of a High Noon style shootout there. And the SciFi set? We need our ray guns, man. Damn, just remembered - in 2001 the apemen use bones as weapons, and remember that famous jump cut to the future spaceship? The ship is a military satellite - a giant space cannon, essentially. See what I mean?!

Anyway, please, give us weapons and the actions to go with them.
En Garde! Gavel Gun Darth Lightsabers poke
07/10/2010 20:08:31

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Just look at Elmer Fudd... how could he hunt wabbits without his shotgun? I agree, this is not about morality, it's about entertainment and to me that is what animation is all about. Everyone should have the creative freedom to create whatever they want however they see fit. Myself, if I don't like or agree with something that someone else created I just don't watch it. Problem solved for me anyway.

I'm sure that there are a few people that don't appreciate or like my little "fart" animations and that's fine with me however, there do seem to be some folks that see the humor in them like I do. While I may not like or agree with something that someone else has created I'll defend their right to to create it. After all, to me that's what freedom is all about.

(stepping off soapbox)
07/10/2010 20:17:49

ziggy72
(pulling soapbox over a bit)
Well said Mysto! A blunderbus in the face can be comedy or tragedy, it's all about context and intent.

(shoves soapbox back where it was)
13/10/2010 23:52:53

inlimbo
inlimbo
I have some animation suggestions. Two types:

One is some more physical or functional animations that do not have a mood along with them. Let me know if any of these already exist by the way, but it would be helpful to have animations like crawling, kneeling, squating, perhaps scooping with hands, climbing, throwing something, pulling pushing, etc. And yeah it would be great, like walks, to do a functional animation in a sad way or a happy way or just the standard neutral way.

The second type is to mix facial moods with body moods. It would be great to have a body that is shaking and clearly afraid, while the character is putting on a brave face. Or a positive posture, but sadness in the face.

That's all, I appreciate you reading this, and I welcome any additional ideas.

__
edited by inlimbo on 10/13/2010
15/10/2010 10:43:25

muddybunny
muddybunny
I'm not sure if anyone has posted about these, I searched the terms, but didn't find anything.

1 - handshake - It would be nice if you could get two people to shake hands. Click on one and then the other and add "handshake". Or something like that.

2 - washing hair - This would probably need another "bubbly" hairstyle, and then the ability to get the character to "wash hair" (maybe in the same section as "take a bath".

Thanks.
15/10/2010 11:28:00

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
I could do with kissing (oo-er).

...and possibly hugging.

I understand that interactions between characters is tougher.

Berty
17/10/2010 13:19:15

muddybunny
muddybunny
ukBerty wrote:
I could do with kissing (oo-er).

...and possibly hugging.

Sorry - had to laugh.
26/11/2010 20:38:20

raptormarlins
raptormarlins
Soldier walk. Soldier stance and Soldier salute
03/12/2010 23:10:07

RightURKen
RightURKen
-Two hand push (like pushing a wall)

-Two hand pull

-Generic kick (can be used for fighting or sports)

-Generic punch(as opposed to the wind up punch in fighting)

-Face slap

-Bend at waist left and right(to look around things like a wall or tree)

-kiss

-hug

-handshake

-reach for object, one hand (yes, I know there's a "object" animation but it's two hands)

-Ability to close eyes. We have some eye control but can't close eyes all the way? Like the comedians say "What's up with that?"

-Someone else mentioned eyebrow control. Let me second that big time.

edited by RightURKen on 04/12/2010
04/12/2010 08:58:47

Dreeko
Some fine suggestions in there!
04/12/2010 13:10:36

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
Ive recently made some new animations following some suggestions, hopefully they will be available in the program soon....

handshake
cuddle
cuddle and kiss
some explosion flying through the air death type animations
poison choke death

some lying down poses (these are just static poses but with the lipsync, head and eye movement this should give people some options)

At some stage we MAY do a whole lying down mood but hopefully this will help for now....
edited by freakmoomin on 04/12/2010
04/12/2010 15:06:32

Dreeko
freakmoomin wrote:
Ive recently made some new animations following some suggestions, hopefully they will be available in the program soon....

handshake
cuddle
cuddle and kiss
poison choke death

some lying down poses (these are just static poses but with the lipsync, head and eye movement this should give people some options)

At some stage we MAY do a whole lying down mood but hopefully this will help for now....
edited by freakmoomin on 04/12/2010

Great news!
These will all be very helpful in future animations

Cheers
D

PS: Any news on the walking/running on the spot mode?
04/12/2010 19:14:47

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Spot on freakmoominCool
04/12/2010 21:33:12

RightURKen
RightURKen
freakmoomin wrote:
...some explosion flying through the air death type animations ...

Does this mean we're going to get an "explosion" effect? I definitely need one.

06/12/2010 11:06:40

freakmoomin
freakmoomin
RightURKen wrote:
freakmoomin wrote:
...some explosion flying through the air death type animations ...

Does this mean we're going to get an "explosion" effect? I definitely need one.

oh oh.....ive opened a can of worms

ill suggest it in the next meeting
06/12/2010 11:37:00

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
freakmoomin wrote:
handshake
cuddle
cuddle and kiss
poison choke death

Is anyone else scared by what sort of video would need this sequence of animations?
Whaaaaa?
06/12/2010 14:15:22

RightURKen
RightURKen
Neil wrote:
freakmoomin wrote:
handshake
cuddle
cuddle and kiss
poison choke death

Is anyone else scared by what sort of video would need this sequence of animations?
Whaaaaa?

One showing my last date?
edited by RightURKen on 06/12/2010
06/12/2010 20:36:44

ziggy72
I normally hate when people do this on forums, but I have to say to the last post - LOL!!!
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | the topic is closed

Home ? Feedback ? What actions would Muvizuers like to have?