Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Character Swap

the topic is closed
23/07/2011 18:37:49

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
I probably already know the answer to this, but I figured it doesn;t hurt to ask, right?

I'm attempting a short little flick that is two scenes. Well, that's not entirely accurate... In one shot, I need a character wearing one outfit, and then in a different later shot, wearing a different outfit. Is there a convienent way to swap out a characters outfit during an animation?

Here's what I'm thinking I'll need to do, it's one of three options.

1: While a different camera is active, manually move the character out of the shot, and replace him with a duplicate character, just with the different outfit. Of course the disadvantage is getting him to walk off set while the dupe character walks on, and get his position accurate before the next camera cut.

2: Build a duplicate "set", with duplicate characters and upon the need for the different outfit, use the duplicate set. Of course the disadvantage there is the limited number of cameras, and I'm still horrible with camera positioning on the fly, and the duplicate of everything makes for an unwieldy set.

3: Film the sequence twice, and splice in post editing. So prepare all the animations, dialog, camera cuts, etc... Render it out, change his outfit, then just re-render. Won't have to redo any animations or camera cuts.

Option 3 will probably be my chosen option, but again, just wondering if there was any other approach?
23/07/2011 19:11:38

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Wizaerd wrote:
I probably already know the answer to this, but I figured it doesn;t hurt to ask, right?

You might be surprised to hear that we've been playing a little bit with directing character attachments, so you can change them mid-animation. It's too early to say when (or even if) this feature will make it into a release, but I thought you'd like to know.
23/07/2011 20:21:37

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Thanks Neil
Another feature to look forward to (possibly!)

What I would like to see( and I mentioned this ages ago) is the attachments (hats, glasses )to be available as place-able objects to give the illusion of a character walking over to them and putting them on ( with some sneaky camera cuts!)
23/07/2011 20:45:34

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Dreeko wrote:
What I would like to see( and I mentioned this ages ago) is the attachments (hats, glasses )to be available as place-able objects to give the illusion of a character walking over to them and putting them on ( with some sneaky camera cuts!)

Yeah, we know you did. RRRGH
23/07/2011 20:47:21

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
I imagine the result will be available on my profile soo, but whomever care to watch, here it is...

edited by Wizaerd on 23/07/2011
23/07/2011 23:03:44

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Wizaerd wrote:
I'm still horrible with camera positioning on the fly

You and me both.

And I have definitely used the duplicate set method you describe.
the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Character Swap