Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? video quality

the topic is closed
05/04/2015 10:52:36

Johan
Johan
The quality of my video (as *avi) exported with Muvizu is LOWER after editing and exporting with Pinnacle Studio. What does happen? How to preserve quality/resolution?
05/04/2015 15:49:48

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Johan wrote:
The quality of my video (as *avi) exported with Muvizu is LOWER after editing and exporting with Pinnacle Studio. What does happen? How to preserve quality/resolution?

Without the specs on the video clip, no one can tell you.

At what resolution do you have Muvizu configured?
What is the resolution of the clip before you import it or load it into Studio?
05/04/2015 17:53:58

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
The more professional approach is to render each frame as a single tga image and then you can work on any image in editing software
and re assemble with a free prog like virtualdub. This method will give you the best quality.
http://virtualdub.sourceforge.net/
edited by drewi on 05/04/2015
06/04/2015 19:59:18

Johan
Johan
1. I used in Muvizu "the make video" screen standard options

Make video used as: 480 x 360; *.avi format says the extension of my file.
output type = video
codec = uncompressed
anti-aliasing = activated

2. What is the resolution of the clip before you import it, or load it into Studio?"

I did not change anything, but imported two muvizu clips directly into Pinnacle Studio. Next I joined these two parts with a 'transition' and exported this as a *avi file format.

P Studio exporting settings are:
file type = *avi
entire screen
video = DV, 720 x 576, 25,00 frames per second
used for computer and TV

The other possiblity suggested by Drewi: "The more professional approach .... is too difficult for me, I think.
Johan
07/04/2015 03:16:05

drewiMuvizu mogulExperimental user
drewi
Well your output picture frame size from Muvizu 480 x 360 is being expanded when you output from Pinnacle 720 x 576. So now the frame size is twice as big, so that will look terrible.
Output a larger frame size from Muvizu and keep the size the same outputting from Pinnacle.
07/04/2015 11:04:21

Johan
Johan
OK, tried it out.

Muvizu export setting (720 x 576) equal to Pinnacle Studio export setting. The result is clearly better!

Thanks for your help!
Johan
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? video quality