Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? Character Proportions

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
07/08/2015 15:48:34

cperg
cperg
Since all of you have had a greater exposure to video production than perhaps I have I would like to make another forum redundant statement. I am almost sure each of you have seen the free software called MakeHuman. If not here's a link to the project. http://www.makehuman.org/

With this project I was able to produce decent characters and import them into blender just as an experiment. Not much I can do with blender beyond that though. I am going to try and drop one of the characters in muvizu as an inanimate object in the next week. Anyone have ideas concerning this effort?
07/08/2015 15:52:29

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
cperg wrote:
Since all of you have had a greater exposure to video production than perhaps I have I would like to make another forum redundant statement. I am almost sure each of you have seen the free software called MakeHuman. If not here's a link to the project. http://www.makehuman.org/

With this project I was able to produce decent characters and import them into blender just as an experiment. Not much I can do with blender beyond that though. I am going to try and drop one of the characters in muvizu as an inanimate object in the next week. Anyone have ideas concerning this effort?

as long as its fbx it shouldnt be a problem. i know you can export as fbx with that software. it does all the uv mapping for you from what i remember. try and see what happens.
edited by fazz68 on 07/08/2015
07/08/2015 19:17:36

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Dylly wrote:
You see...we had spotted the concept drawings of horses which were pinned to the back wall...

I believe I found the drawings showcased on the digimania site:

Looks like it might have been their plans to start RenderDigimania.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 07/08/2015
07/08/2015 20:23:13

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
fazz68 wrote:
cperg wrote:

as long as its fbx it shouldnt be a problem. i know you can export as fbx with that software. it does all the uv mapping for you from what i remember. try and see what happens.
edited by fazz68 on 07/08/2015

yup i have actually in a couple of scenes used makehuman characters that I turned into crash test dummies I think at the time I converted them to ASE though you need to remove everything and just keep the mesh. Its "not hard really" that is my shall we say byline at this point I seem to say it a lot LOL . I used one in Dr Daldrins atomic beam machine. Now we have fbx so should not be an issue and its a better format.
20/06/2016 03:18:27

animall
animall
I came across this discussion by chance and read various inputs. I am not a programmer but 2D/3D animator, so my suggestion comes from this angle. If Mandy and Rosie come in 3 parts (meshes), e.g. Head, torso and legs, how difficult would it be to add the independent size slider so anyone can create his/hers Character Proportions? If this could be possible to implement to other existing characters, it would tremendously increased various options, without a need for extra characters.
This way anyone can create a character which is more comical, illustrative or serious depending on the animation script.
20/06/2016 07:23:07

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
animall wrote:
I came across this discussion by chance and read various inputs. I am not a programmer but 2D/3D animator, so my suggestion comes from this angle. If Mandy and Rosie come in 3 parts (meshes), e.g. Head, torso and legs, how difficult would it be to add the independent size slider so anyone can create his/hers Character Proportions? If this could be possible to implement to other existing characters, it would tremendously increased various options, without a need for extra characters.
This way anyone can create a character which is more comical, illustrative or serious depending on the animation script.

I'm not sure if this would work because I think the character skeletons would no longer match the proportions of alternate body part sizes which could cause problems. That might just be for the older characters though.
21/06/2016 01:03:03

theotherguy
theotherguy
I see Muvizu as basically a play-the-hand-your-dealt kind of program, you can map your own textures - photos in my case - on to stock characters, it works okay but it's way better for comedy. The newer more sophisticated characters are much harder to map textures on to in my experience and they have fewer movements.

Muvizu is a great tool but keeping in mind it's price, $30, it (understandably) has limitations. I use it as part of a toolkit along with a good video editor, photoshop, and coredraw. Sometimes figuring out work-arounds make me better with other programs too, as a bonus.

Here is a video I made using everything
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? Character Proportions