Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? IMPORTING FROM SKETCHUP PROBLEM

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
26/07/2016 17:12:40

tonyob67
tonyob67
hello,I followed the instructions on the importing the red mustang video and I was finally able to import from sketchup to Muvizu, I imported a small suitcase, was very big, but I changed the size and finish with a pretty good results. but when I want to import a plane or a boat, Muvizu stays loading and then closes. I think it could be that the object is too large .... please help
26/07/2016 17:47:05

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
its been my experience with objects downloaded from sketchups warehouse that simple objects import best.

I have yet to import one vehicle successfully from sketchup. A lot of the models have overlapping polygons which can double or triple the polygon count. I think there is a limit in muvizu about how many polygons a model can have, so its best to use the lowest polygon models you can find unless you plan to do a lot of clean up on the model before trying to import it.

In almost all cases, after trying all day to import and clean up a sketchup model, I end up making it myself in a tenth of the time, and with a much cleaner model in the end.

If you have other software that can reduce the polygon count, or remover overlapping surfaces, that's a good start.

One quick way to remove a lot of duplicate polygons is to highlight the entire visible surface, then copy - paste and drag the top layer of polygons away from the original. Then delete the original. What you should have left is a single layer of polygons that you can examine and repair fairly quickly.

This rant may or may not address your actual question. ;-)
26/07/2016 18:10:42

RodrisilvaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Rodrisilva
tonyob67 wrote:
hello,I followed the instructions on the importing the red mustang video and I was finally able to import from sketchup to Muvizu, I imported a small suitcase, was very big, but I changed the size and finish with a pretty good results. but when I want to import a plane or a boat, Muvizu stays loading and then closes. I think it could be that the object is too large .... please help

The maximum number of vertices you can have is 65535. Above this, muvizu attempts to import any model creates unexpected distortions or closes it.
26/07/2016 19:22:33

Machiya
Machiya
Here you go.... Import .ASE suitcase
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1107230/Suitcase.zip
edited by Machiya on 26/07/2016
26/07/2016 19:53:18

tonyob67
tonyob67
Polygons and vertices are the same thing?
26/07/2016 20:02:52

tonyob67
tonyob67
Machiya wrote:

I am sorry, when I clic on the link I see only numbers....what is it?
26/07/2016 20:07:34

tonyob67
tonyob67
PatMarrNC wrote:
its been my experience with objects downloaded from sketchups warehouse that simple objects import best.

I have yet to import one vehicle successfully from sketchup. A lot of the models have overlapping polygons which can double or triple the polygon count. I think there is a limit in muvizu about how many polygons a model can have, so its best to use the lowest polygon models you can find unless you plan to do a lot of clean up on the model before trying to import it.

In almost all cases, after trying all day to import and clean up a sketchup model, I end up making it myself in a tenth of the time, and with a much cleaner model in the end.

If you have other software that can reduce the polygon count, or remover overlapping surfaces, that's a good start.

One quick way to remove a lot of duplicate polygons is to highlight the entire visible surface, then copy - paste and drag the top layer of polygons away from the original. Then delete the original. What you should have left is a single layer of polygons that you can examine and repair fairly quickly.

This rant may or may not address your actual question. ;-)

How many polygons you think is OK for muvizu, because on the 3d worehouse you can see how many polgons has each model before trying to imported... I guess...
26/07/2016 20:53:52

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
tonyob67 wrote:
How many polygons you think is OK for muvizu, because on the 3d worehouse you can see how many polgons has each model before trying to imported... I guess...

3D Worehouse LOL

Vertices are points, Polygons are faces made out of those points, to answer your first question. The polygon/face limit for importing into Muvizu is 20,000 (absolute max usually). I tend to keep it less than 18,000 though, or you end up with a digital mess most times.
26/07/2016 21:03:40

tonyob67
tonyob67
ziggy72 wrote:
tonyob67 wrote:

3D Worehouse LOL

Vertices are points, Polygons are faces made out of those points, to answer your first question. The polygon/face limit for importing into Muvizu is 20,000 (absolute max usually). I tend to keep it less than 18,000 though, or you end up with a digital mess most times.

Thank you

ziggy thank you very much , and sorry for the bad spelling , remember that Spanish is my first language
sorry if I wrote something inappropriate ... it has happened before with very bad words hahaha
26/07/2016 21:16:37

Machiya
Machiya
tonyob67 wrote:
Machiya wrote:

It was a .zip file containing a .ase and texture file for of a suitcase....
26/07/2016 21:23:55

tonyob67
tonyob67
Machiya wrote:
tonyob67 wrote:
Machiya wrote:

It was a .zip file containing a .ase and texture file for of a suitcase....

Thank you
26/07/2016 23:04:38

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
tonyob67 wrote:
Machiya wrote:

Try right clicking that link then clicking "save link as"

Often things made for other programs like planes and cars have many polygons because they have curves. Muvizu really dislikes these, and often the models are made with faces upside down etc which is also not Muvizu-friendly.
26/07/2016 23:10:43

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
tonyob67 wrote:
ziggy thank you very much , and sorry for the bad spelling , remember that Spanish is my first language
sorry if I wrote something inappropriate ... it has happened before with very bad words hahaha

Only slightly inappropriate, but funny Big Grin
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Importing Assets ? IMPORTING FROM SKETCHUP PROBLEM