Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? 3DS Max ase does not open

the topic is closed
19/02/2011 17:23:14

jimac
jimac
Hi, I am new and very excitied to have found this comunity.

My question is since the tut video has there been any update on the 3DS max ase files being used with muvizu, I keep getting an error message when i try to import a whale which i made using 3DS max.

I have so many idea's and plan on making a mini series animation, so if anyone can explain in full this process it would be fantastic to use my own creations, Thanks
20/02/2011 13:15:08

jonbezMuvizu mogulExperimental user
jonbez
Heres a Couple of tips for exporting from max.

1. Make sure your system units are set to centimeters.

2. keep your model rougly in zero space. ( Center of the grid on X Y Z )

3. To avoid problems when importing, you will need to find a suitable scale that muvizu accepts.

4. Its all trial and error the first time importing. But once you find a scale that works with the muvizu world. You can use that object for future reference to scale your other objects.

5. Its a good idea to keep your objects with as fewer polys as possible. For really complex objects 1,000 to 10,000 will work though. But Keep in mind when building you model, muvizu is using a realtime games engine .

6. This is what I have ticked when exporting to ASE. Not all is necessary but it wont cause any harm.

Hope this helps to eliminate the error problem.
21/02/2011 12:22:58

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi jimac, thanks for trying Muvizu.

What error message do you get when you try to import objects?

Take care,
-Jim.
21/02/2011 17:23:42

jimac
jimac
Thanks Jon but no joy,

Error

It is with some regret that i must inform you of the following unecpected error :

The file is in an unknown format.

i have converted it to .ASE and still no luck will try a new image soon.
22/02/2011 11:22:52

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again jimac,

Would it be possible for you to please send the file to bugs@muvizu.com along with a note of the error? This will allow us to have a look at it and see if there is any specific reason that it's not being recognised.

Take care,
-Jim.
the topic is closed

Home ? Importing Assets ? 3DS Max ase does not open