amit05
How do i record and then upload videos?
07/04/2011 10:20:46

Luscan
Luscan
amit05 wrote:

Hi Amit05,

Recording videos is easy with Muvizu. Once you've got your video looking the way you want it to simply move your mouse over the Video button on the toolbar at the top of the screen and click 'Make video'. You'll see a new screen that shows a preview of how your video. Click 'Make video...', pick the location you want the video to be saved to and the name you want the video to be saved as and click Save. Muvizu will then start to make (render) the video.

This might take a bit of time depending on how complicated the video is (lots of special effects, lights, characters and objects make a scene more complicated) but it shouldn't take too long.

Once that's done you can upload videos by moving your mouse pointer back over the Video button and selecting Upload to YouTube. You'll need to enter your YouTube account details and some information about the video itself (what you want Youtube to call it, what kind of video it is, any comments you want to be attached to the video). Once you've done that it'll be uploaded onto the internet for all to see!

I hope this helps
07/04/2011 10:30:21

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
I'd also add to Luscan's post that when you are on the "Make video" dialog you will want to click on the "Options" button and select a codec such as XVid. You want need to install it and it's available from http://www.xvid.org/Downloads.15.0.html all you need to do is download and install the windows version. Save your scene in Muvizu and restart (to make sure Muvizu picks up the new codec). By doing this you will be able to produce a good quality video, but with a smaller file size. Using some of the default windows codecs can result in huge files that simply won't upload to youtube.

The second point to add is this, you can also upload you video through the website. Just follow these steps if you decide this is a better way than uploading via the application. Although both work just as well as each other.

1. Login to Muvizu.com
2. Go to profile and then to My Account
3. Click on the Link youtube account link
4. You'll be redirected to youtube and asked to login and autherise Muvizu.com to use your youtube account
5. Once this is done, you can go back to Muvizu.com
6. On the account navigation bar, just below the search box, or on your profile page there is a Upload link.
7. Click this and select "Upload a video"
8. Fill out the details of your video, name, description, etc.
9. Click next and select the AVI generated by Muvizu
10. Wait a few minutes and there you have it - your video is online.

It should be noted that after you've uploaded to youtube.com through the website or the application it will take a while for the video to be returned to Muvizu.com and then a little longer while we approve your video. It should also be said that if you only upload to youtube directly then Muvizu.com won't know anything about your video so it won't show up here.

Good luck with your movie, I look forward to seeing it.

--
Direct, don't animate!
07/04/2011 11:41:29

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
amit05 wrote:

hi amit05,
the best place to start is at the beginning and i highly recommend you check out our tutorials that go through each step of the animation process. They really are very helpful and the best jumping off point in learning how to use Muvizu. http://www.muvizu.com/Tutorials/

Good luck!
the topic is closed