Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Object Properties Bug

the topic is closed
15/04/2011 02:22:14

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
I found a bug and I don't know if it's the program or my computer.

If I make a set that contains image switching for a backdrop (a la Dreeko's "running through the wall" tutorial), the direction works fine. The change happens fine in the timeline. I can even render the movie just fine.

BUT...

When I try to save the set file, it gets to 11% on the status bar and then freezes, closes, and gives this error:

"General protection fault!
History:appGetVersion() Address = 0x10bae634 (filename not found)
Address = 0xc9e4880 (filename not found)
Address = 0xfe1e (filename not found"

Any ideas? Thanks!
(still love the software, just looks like a glitch)
15/04/2011 23:47:37

Danimal
Whoops, just noticed the email to report bugs. I will send this there.Blush
16/04/2011 00:34:07

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Danimal wrote:
Whoops, just noticed the email to report bugs. I will send this there.Blush

Sorry, D. I meant to get back to you about this, but got sidetracked.

Could you have a look if there's a log file that goes with that crash. Hopefully it'll shed some light on the matter. I'm not sure where the logs are as I'm not at a PC. If you can't find them, let me know and I'll have a look tomorrow.
16/04/2011 02:07:29

Danimal
Thanks Neil, and don't worry about getting sidetracked, you have more important things than this little wrinkle.

And tomorrow is the weekend, you don't need to check out the log file. Besides, I couldn't find it. :P I'm normally pretty intuitive with computers but I'm stumped on this. There was nothing in the Muvizu files, nor the Program Data folder, nor the Windows Logs folder. Do I did what I do best... gave up. Ton of Bricks

Thanks again!
18/04/2011 12:38:15

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
You can find the logs in:

C:\Program Files\Muvizu\MuvizuGame\Logs or C:\Program Files (x86)\Muvizu\MuvizuGame\Logs if you have a 64-bit system.

But the logs aren't always generated but the .dmp files can be used by the devs to have a closer look, but don't always shed a lot of information on the problem.
18/04/2011 23:53:41

Danimal
glasgowjim wrote:
but don't always shed a lot of information on the problem.

Thanks Jim. I'm glad that they're not much help, because much like the ScreenShots folder discussed in another thread, I don't have a Logs folder either. I'm suspecting that using Vista has something to do with it.

Thanks again!
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Object Properties Bug