Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to Muvizu

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
30/12/2012 20:28:58

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Dylly wrote:
The Vikings are Coming! Soon to be rampaging & pillaging across my desktop!

After having my websites hacked in the run up to Christmas, and consequently finding some of my models for sale on various former eastern block websites I'm currently revamping both websites and models and beefing up security. Why someone would want to steal a free model beats me...and hacking a site about a boat on the Norfolk Broads? I put it down to an illicit cartel of Lake District Guest House Owners hell bent on stopping the promotion of other UK holiday destinations.

So after taking a break from renovating my boat I'm starting from scratch on a new range of 3D models. The first of which all have a Scandinavian/Medieval/Fantasy Theme to them.

Here's the first model in the initial stages of texturing.

Nice house we need lots of houses and things from posts around here Big Grin

As for the hacking I have this happen periodically along with theft.. its annoying and upsetting and other things. I have lots of models I would like to give out on my website but having learned from experience I gave up lol. People will sell anything to make a buck quite literally :/

In the last year alone I have had my twitter hacked (which ran amuck for a month before i realized because I rarely use it.. ) and my pinterest account hacked. MY website was hacked as well and I had several videos downloaded from youtube with links to free models and uploaded to other accounts selling the models in the videos .. suffice it to say I no longer give away anything on youtube as a result.

Passwords are obsolete with the power that pc's have these days it takes on average 5 hours to hack a 20 character password using special characters. Nothing is safe anymore *hides*

edited by urbanlamb on 30/12/2012
02/01/2013 16:58:03

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Thanks for the comments guy's...I'm just moving onto refining the texturing and adding one or two details after making sure the model imports into Muvizu. Finally managed to arrive at a method for modelling cloth that I like within Muvizu...soon have this set finished...next mountains and terrain!

07/01/2013 06:07:15

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Looks excellent ! Cool
02/06/2013 23:21:29

Dylly
A word of warning...Sketchup Make!

Hi Guys, just returned from the boat to discover that Sketchup has been updated again. It is now Sketchup Make...and please avoid it like the plague for one simple reason the new owners of SketchUp are indeed on the make. Essential FREE plugins such as Fredo's set of plugins and scripts no longer work and since installing the blasted thing I have been experiencing quite a few glitches in software ranging from Sony Vegas Home Studio to 3Ds Max, Mudbox right through to Chrome. As a last resort I ended up cleaning my machine and going through the rigmarole of installing all of my software again and reverting back to SketchUp 8 and all of my myriad of plugins.

When you install SketchUp Make, it installs a trial version of Sketchup Pro for 8 hrs and then reverts to a limited toolset of SketchUp Make. However the installer loads large quantities of guff onto your machine that as a 'non-Pro' user you cannot access. For a limited time SketchUp 8 will be available from the download site. SketchUp Pro has also increased in price from $500 to $590. Without the ability to access plug-ins from independent makers I feel SketchUp has had its day and I personally will be spending my time mastering the likes of Maya. If I'm going to have to pay top dollar for software I might as well buy the best. Such a shame when this kind of crud happens!
03/06/2013 00:05:22

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Good Posting

Thanks Dylly, you have saved me a lot of grief from the sound of it.
03/06/2013 00:08:12

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
well.... i hope they improve the product as well cause sketchup has never seemed worth the money to me.

I anticipate some more people learning blender I guess.

Also dont spend money on maya. Blender works just as well and some 3d developers actually prefer it. :/

*raises hand*
edited by urbanlamb on 03/06/2013
03/06/2013 00:31:28

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Thanks for the warning Dylly, or I would have installed Make and probably had to go through the same thing as yourself. Won't be doing that any time soon - I rely on Sketchup a lot. Free isn't as Free as it used to be...
06/06/2013 15:28:33

ecintransigente
ecintransigente
help
How to export a Sketchup to Muvizu object?
The video tutorial on the subject do not understand, some written tutorial please, I'm not very good at this.
thanks
ECI
02/07/2013 19:28:15

Soniccd98
Soniccd98
Does anyone know how to import models and other assets from this site on to muvizu?I've been wondering since I just got it today and I want to add backgrounds,characters and models from here.I'm also pretty much a beginner.
18/07/2013 20:57:37

PatrickDFTBA
PatrickDFTBA
Yes it worked, had to figure it out but very easy once yu got it. Thank you dreeko.. This model is op for review and I got it from the sketchup warehouse..I wonder...if it will pass... On this model you change even more colors than on the other one.

18/07/2013 21:56:40

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
PatrickDFTBA wrote:
Yes it worked, had to figure it out but very easy once yu got it. Thank you dreeko.. This model is op for review and I got it from the sketchup warehouse..I wonder...if it will pass... On this model you change even more colors than on the other one.

Only put models that you created yourself into the gallery by the way. Not someone elses unless its marked public domain or something or they gave you permission to distribute it freely. The fact that it says pioneer on it means its probably not a good thing to put in there
edited by urbanlamb on 18/07/2013
18/07/2013 21:59:07

PatrickDFTBA
PatrickDFTBA
I figured :P

But if hey put it in that google library doesn't that mean you can use it automaticly?

And really only stuff you make yourself

And yes I should have removed that logo :P Its in a picture file... so it can be edited out.
edited by PatrickDFTBA on 18/07/2013
18/07/2013 22:03:55

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
They put it up there to use in your work but the terms are usually you can use it in your work but not give away the actual model. So you can add it for a video or concept work yes, but you can't give the models to others. Just read the tos of the site. Also specific users also put their own limits on their stuff in google warehouse. So you need to read info on the objects you download. This is also something in the tos of the gallery here to. In general most people have no issue with their stuff being used "as intended" they do get their knickers in a twist if someone starts to put them up on other commercial sites though

this is muvizu's user content TOS

User contentThe Site gives you the option to send us content to be posted on the Site by us (“User Content”).
By sending us User Content, you will be deemed
to:-

Grant to us an irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free licence to use and publish that User Content for any purpose associated with publicising the Site;

and

Warrant to us that you are the owner of the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the User Content, that the User Content is your original work and that the User Content does not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party.

So basically if you didnt make it yourself or can't prove that its in the public domain as in totally free of any copyrights you can't post it up there.

edited by urbanlamb on 18/07/2013
21/09/2013 01:07:35

Dylly
OK I have to admit that the long summer layoff meant that I forgot most of my modelling skills, so in an attempt to get back on the horse here's a new prop I'm working on ready for upload on Monday...now that I'm back on the horse has anyone got any tips on how I can get the horse out of my living room?

edited by Dylly on 21/09/2013
10/10/2013 03:12:32

primaveranz
primaveranz
Dylly wrote:
A word of warning...Sketchup Make!

Hi Guys, just returned from the boat to discover that Sketchup has been updated again.

They also changed the legal bumf to say you can't use stuff created using "Make" in any commerical way whatsoever. I queried Trimble about the use of props in movies (not sure how they would police it anyway) and this is the reply:-

"The new 'non-commercial' terms in Sketchup Make are intended to prevent use of that product for commercial work of any kind. Users of Sketchup v.8 are not subject to that term, so obviously you'd be free to continue to use that product for any use, commercial or otherwise."

"Unfortunately, we can't provide much guidance for folks without undermining the legal terms in our EULA. What I usually tell people is that our EULA wasn't designed to prevent people from using the product in normal, rational, everyday ways."

So basically don't upgrade from SketchUp 8 if you want to be legal
10/10/2013 23:34:26

Dylly
OK Guess which bit of the latest release of Muvizu captured my imagination? Go on...guess!

Well it's just a very simple box but...I like it...and the new release of Muvizu with added lumps!

Just got the door to add ... Biblical Epic anyone?
11/10/2013 00:06:18

primaveranz
primaveranz
That is nice work, Dylly, really captures the Muvizu "look and feel". The 4-pane window is perhaps a bit modern-looking for Roman times though.
edited by primaveranz on 11/10/2013
11/10/2013 02:24:55

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Put a cowboy in front of it, and you've got a winner Nice model Dylly!
13/10/2013 00:18:33

Clam
Clam
Hello!

I have followed the Sketchup to Muvizu tutorial--the one on the Wiki--which is great, very clear. Problem is, I have done everything exactly as the tutorial says, including coloring three faces of the tutorial's cube with red, green, etc. The object imports and works fine, but the colors are gone--replaced with the toto.bmp. My trouble is this: When I go to edit the object in Muvizu, I can change the color, but only one color for the whole object--the multiple faces are obviously not being recognized by Muvizu. Sorry if this is answered elsewhere but I searched and watched, read and watched, watched and read and searched and cried to no avail.

I'm using Muvizu:Play+ and I love it.

Thanks!

Tom
13/10/2013 01:19:03

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
if you are using the colours in sketchup they wont save on your exported model. you need to add textures.
first

click the little box with the plus sign

which brings up this.
click that lttle folder and chose a texture from your computer. (could be anything you want as long as its a image file) if you have a file of the colour you want to use then thats the one you want to use.

ive used this image because it was the first one i found. now click ok

now depending on how big your original texture is, when you add it to where you want the texture you might see this.

so you need to resize the texture. with your little paintpot cursor Right click to bring up the menu, go down to texture which opens a sub menu and you want position. click on that. you will see 4 little boxes,click and hold on one of the little colured pins and they adjust the texture on your model when you move the cursor. green will expand the texture,red will move the texture about,yellow will change the angle of the texture and blue will stretch the texture up and down and left and right. get you texture to how you want it to look and then Right click... done. you now have a texture to that part of the model.
now im very lazy when it comes to adding textures to models and unless its a specific texture i want i usually stick with the textures already in sketchup

and repeat the in instructions above

make your texture fit etc

like so. now when you export your model you have to have the same textures you used on the model in the same folder as the model or you will get an error message. to grab textures off of a model Right click on the texture you want to grab, go to texture, go to edit texture image... click, copy and paste the image into your model folder.
edited by fazz68 on 13/10/2013
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Importing Assets ? Sketchup to Muvizu