Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? No thumbnails :(

the topic is closed
23/04/2010 18:56:23

Matt
Matt
I've loaded up Muvizu and let it install the updates, but now there are no thumbnails for the objects and assets, which means that I can't create or edit anything at all When creating a character, I can go onto 'favourates' and select some presets, and they load fine. It's just there are no thumbnails, and therefore nothing to click. Everything else seems fine.

I hope I didn't just waste 200 odd megabytes of bandwidth, letting it update Big Grin hopefully I won't have to rollback to the old exe that I still have on my HDD. Advice much appreciated. Thanks.
26/04/2010 10:54:17

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
Hi Matt,
This is very strange and we're sorry for the inconvenience. We've just had a look at the web service that returns the information and everything's working fine. So, to help us figure out what's going on (as we can't replicate here) I'll need you to do a few things:
  • have you tried running it again and see if the thumbnails show up? in the grand IT tradition, yes i am asking you to turn it off and turn it on again (sometimes it does work!)
  • if that doesn't work, can you supply us with some information on what OS you're running, what your machine spec is and what kind of graphics card you have, etc?
Once we have some more information it can help us figure out why this isn't working for you.

Thanks again and sorry for the inconvenience

Muvizu team.
26/04/2010 17:09:38

Matt
Matt
Yeah, I've tried restarting the PC, nothing changes though.

I'm running Windows XP, dual core, 2GB of RAM, and an nVidia 7800gtx GPU.
Thanks. :-)
edited by Matt on 4/26/2010
26/04/2010 17:18:07

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
Hi Matt,
There's something else you can try - try deleting the files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Muvizu on your machine then fire up the app again. Deleting the files won't delete the app and when you run it again it should re-populate the files. Can you try that and see if that works for you? Also, could you check the version and date on the application? This will be on the splash screen when you fire it up - it should be
MZASS-v0.9b - build: 2010.04.19.01R.

Hope that works.
Muvizu team.
26/04/2010 22:38:32

Robwelsh
Robwelsh
Hi folks- I got the same problem as Matt. Let the updates load- no characters, or animations, but did have objects. Did complete reinstall, and not into program files (running the joyous Vista), and no improvement.
2GB RAM, Vista 32 on a Dell Inspiron, Pentium Dual Core, T2060 2x 1.6, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400. Was running enough before though.... so am now also stuck for ideas.It's the right version and date on the splashscreen.
Cheers
Rob
26/04/2010 23:29:24

jonbezMuvizu mogulExperimental user
jonbez
Had this problem aswell I fix it by deleting the following files from two locations

( Windows 7 paths)
C:\Users\All Users\Muvizu
C:\ProgramData\Muvizu

....... files .........
CharacterData.Dat
ApplicationData.Dat
AnimationData.dat

They should rebuild there self when restarting muvizu like admin said.

Warning definitely do not delete any files from the original install path. Example C:\Program Files (x86)\Muvizu\Binaries or where you installed too
if you do a search for these files you will find them there too do not delete.

Hope it helps
edited by jonbez on 4/26/2010
edited by jonbez on 4/26/2010
27/04/2010 08:35:57

Matt
Matt
Deleting those files seems to have worked regarding object thumbnails! =D There are still no character thumbnails though.
27/04/2010 10:16:15

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
Right, ok Matt and Robwelsh - we're rather unsure of what's going on with this, but it would help if you guys could send us some files so we can have a look at them. Could you:
  • go to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Muvizu
  • zip the files (should include characterdata.dat, applicationdata.dat and animationdata.dat)
  • email them to us at bugs@muvizu.com
and we'll look at them as soon as possible.
Thanks again

Muvizu team.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? No thumbnails :(