Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? comic book effects/layout

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
08/02/2013 12:47:16

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Posts: 397
Muvizu_Admin did a video a long time ago called SUPERGUYS


I looked everywhere to figure out who it was that made that video with the comic book effects in it!

I have been wondering ever since I first saw this, what software or video editor does this?

I'd like to possibly create something with this format in the future. Does anyone know what software has that capability or templates in it or? Just curious I have some cool ideas in mind

Thanks
- EEF
permalink
08/02/2013 12:51:12

Marco_D
Marco_D
Posts: 582
I'll try to find the culprit

Cheers,
Marco
permalink
08/02/2013 14:22:10

Marco_D
Marco_D
Posts: 582
Hi EEF,

I talked to master mind behind the video you watched and he forward me this interview: http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/11/21/showcase-superheroes-abound-in-this-new-animated-short/

All the secrets are revealed

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marco
permalink
08/02/2013 14:45:56

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Posts: 397
Thanks alot Marco, very informative, very cool article, video, and wow very involved! I had no idea so many programs were involved into it! Maya I think is out of My-uh-budget lol Marco_D wrote:
Hi EEF,

I talked to master mind behind the video you watched and he forward me this interview: http://www.3dworldmag.com/2012/11/21/showcase-superheroes-abound-in-this-new-animated-short/

All the secrets are revealed

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marco
permalink
08/02/2013 14:49:47

Marco_D
Marco_D
Posts: 582
No worries

Maya was used for a custom animation. Photoshop and After effects are the ones that enable you to do the comic strips and its animations.

They are not cheap, but there are open source alternatives.

Cheers,
Marco
permalink
08/02/2013 15:04:18

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Posts: 397
Thanks again Marco
permalink
10/02/2013 07:38:33

AuroraMoon
AuroraMoon
Posts: 30
I could also make all those comic book effects in Sony Vegas, a video editing software. it has some really nice transitions and text effects, and it also allows you to make your own effects. I have the platinum version too...

You could look into that too as well.
edited by AuroraMoon on 10/02/2013
permalink
11/02/2013 10:22:54

Marco_D
Marco_D
Posts: 582
Thanks Aurora,

I've bought Sony Vegas a while back, but never tried it!!
it was a nice Amazon promotion, so I just went for it.

Now I have one more reason to try it out

Cheers,
Marco
permalink
11/02/2013 16:42:10

WozToonsExperimental user
WozToons
Posts: 494
Marco_D wrote:
Thanks Aurora, I've bought Sony Vegas a while back, but never tried it!!
it was a nice Amazon promotion, so I just went for it.
Marco


Marco, glad you took advantage of that offer. If nothing else it enables you to render from Muvizu as a Targa sequence and then quickly assemble the frames into a video. My favourite method of rendering. That together with easy fades and soundtracks is why it has become indispensable since I got it.
permalink
11/02/2013 17:19:48

Marco_D
Marco_D
Posts: 582
Ah that's right

I remember I got it when someone posted on the forums saying it was on sale.
Now I remember who the culprit was hehehe.

Thanks for that

Cheers,
Marco
permalink
11/02/2013 22:26:32

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Posts: 397
Thanks Aurora, I will have to try it again...I tried Sony once before and it seemed daunting and I had some problem with it but I forget what it was
AuroraMoon wrote:
I could also make all those comic book effects in Sony Vegas, a video editing software. it has some really nice transitions and text effects, and it also allows you to make your own effects. I have the platinum version too...

You could look into that too as well.
edited by AuroraMoon on 10/02/2013
permalink
12/02/2013 13:38:30

AuroraMoon
AuroraMoon
Posts: 30
EEFilmz wrote:
Thanks Aurora, I will have to try it again...I tried Sony once before and it seemed daunting and I had some problem with it but I forget what it was.


Hahaha, I know what you mean about that. when I was a newbie to Sony Vegas I first opened up the program, and then took one look at everything in there.... and I was like: "Uhhh.... nope!! I don't know what half of those things are for!!"
and shut it down.

It wasn't until I looked at some cool effects and such made by others that I gathered up the will to try it again. I've been hooked on it ever since. I remember that the one video that really inspired me was where they had people pretending to magic-duel in real life, and they had such awesome effects! the effects almost looked real too.... and afterwards they showed how they did it in Sony vegas.
http://vimeo.com/15938215 not the same video, but it was the same idea here. and it just shows you what you can do in sony.
permalink
12/02/2013 14:28:55

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Posts: 1258
Yip, I use vegas for editing all the time. I'd recommend it to anyone!
permalink
13/02/2013 01:29:27

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
Posts: 272
I am a big fan of Hit film ultimate. would recommend it to any one. I love the ease of it especially compared to Adobe after effects. I never tried sony vegas don't know how that is compared to hit film. just my 3 cents
permalink
13/02/2013 02:04:22

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
yes hitfilm ultimate is on my want list. Presently I am using a basic editor because it was cheap and had enough features to get me by, but I have outgrown it so after looking at all the possibilities out there I decided I could get what i wanted with hitfilm ulimate and its also about half the price of the more known adobe and vegas. I intend on buying that soon to replace my present software its a pretty neat piece of sofware.
permalink
13/02/2013 10:37:44

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Posts: 976
InsaneHamster wrote:
I am a big fan of Hit film ultimate.


Mr Hamster - I had a good look at this when I was thinking what to go for but I found the sound editing to be very basic (no surround sound for example). Has it moved on at all ?
permalink
13/02/2013 11:55:41

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
Posts: 272
to be honest I have never really messed with the audio stuff of this program, now that you mentioned it lol. Funny I wonder why I haven't? I do know that they have just released Hitfilm Ultimate 2 about 4 months ago I think it was. So all I can say is I really don't know. I will have to check when my work schedule lets me. I am still no pro at this. But I do know I have come along farther in this software than I could in After effects. but then this could just come down to user preference and what they need from a piece of software.
permalink
13/02/2013 18:23:29

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
ukBerty wrote:
InsaneHamster wrote:
I am a big fan of Hit film ultimate.


Mr Hamster - I had a good look at this when I was thinking what to go for but I found the sound editing to be very basic (no surround sound for example). Has it moved on at all ?



I looked at the newest release and it seemed to me (although i didnt actually download it and check) that the sound editing had become better. Its odd really my corel video package has really good sound editing but very basic everything else. In any event it seemed that the hit film now had true pro editing capabilities coupled with a lot of the features of adobe after effects. To me it seemed to have the best of both worlds last time I checked.
permalink
14/02/2013 19:05:33

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Posts: 397
AuroraMoon wrote:

http://vimeo.com/15938215 not the same video, but it was the same idea here. and it just shows you what you can do in sony.



Cute video from vimeo, I see they used copyrighted music with no issues, I wish you could do that with youTube/Muvizu without upload issues. The effects were cool in it as well.
permalink
14/02/2013 19:10:00

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Posts: 397
urbanlamb wrote:
its also about half the price of the more known adobe and vegas.



Urban I checked the price on it, it's like $400! That's pretty expensive I think.
permalink
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? comic book effects/layout