Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Characters ? New character?

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | the topic is closed
31/01/2013 23:26:17

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
trust me I can build that set and so can a few others Big Grin

Have you checked out the asset gallery here?

anyhow glad you enjoy state myself i found it too limited and closed. I think though that aside from the actual character look I can do anything that state does inside muvizu. So the only difference is actual character model and lack of TTS.
edited by urbanlamb on 31/01/2013
permalink
31/01/2013 23:41:27

mos6507
mos6507
Posts: 34
"everything is glued down and non-moveable and you can't change anything"
Not for me it's not. I removed the chairs and laid down positionable props. That's not the stock captain's chair. I have a whole separate utility called Set Decorator that lets you reskin sets, bake props, and customize the lighting, just like Muvizu. I'm sorry State Plus wasn't officially released by Xtranormal so if you want to look at it as though it doesn't exist since it's a hack, so be it. I certainly tried to get them to fold it back into the application, but they were stupid.
"I can't walk down a hallways or open a door because state is very limited in that respect."
State characters can certainly walk. They can't open doors, no. Neither State nor Muvizu offer true character interactions. Yes, you have guitars and mics and things, but you can't pick up arbitrary props.
"my character t walk off the bridge with a camera pan opening a door and follow him down the hallways. State does what is called "talking heads" very well. One room at a time."

I added camera moves to State. Can I do a steadicam shot like in Goodfellas, no. A straight dolly down a corridor yes. But not a slinky path. But there's more to telling a story than how fancy the camera moves can get.
"my plate is full but if this is your desire give me a couple of months and you can have that exact bridge in muvizu. "
I can give you the bridge in OBJ if you want to try to import it, plus the Wrath of Khan chairs. I was just comparing it to the stock Muvizu offering with all of its off-kilter angles and solid colors.
I mean, if you're going to talk about importing objects into Muvizu, it's only fair that I show you what can be imported into State, officially or not. I imported a ton of props from Star Trek: Elite Force. Anything that can get spit out in OBJ that has a single diffuse map per mesh should work. It doesn't require the weird ASE format that Muvizu does.
You know, I'm trying to be objective in this thread and I don't think it's fair for me to be accused of trying to touch off a holy war. If there's something Muvizu can't do well, then that's a fact. But whatever I do with State, whether it required hacks or not, is still what this thing can do, otherwise I would not be able to demonstrate it in clip after clip. The capabilities are there.
Just to get this back on topic, I have yet to see a 100% straight (no tongue in cheek) Muvizu clip. If someone has ever successfully accomplished this, I'd like to see it.
My belief is if I finished duplicating the clip in question, I would wind up with something that, emotionally speaking, falls far short of what I'm doing in XN. Is my work Pixar grade? No. Is it "Meet the Heavy" SFM grade? No. But I did it in like 3 hours.
permalink
31/01/2013 23:51:55

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
mos6507 wrote:
"everything is glued down and non-moveable and you can't change anything"
Not for me it's not. I removed the chairs and laid down positionable props. That's not the stock captain's chair. I have a whole separate utility called Set Decorator that lets you reskin sets, bake props, and customize the lighting, just like Muvizu. I'm sorry State Plus wasn't officially released by Xtranormal so if you want to look at it as though it doesn't exist since it's a hack, so be it. I certainly tried to get them to fold it back into the application, but they were stupid.
"I can't walk down a hallways or open a door because state is very limited in that respect."
State characters can certainly walk. They can't open doors, no. Neither State nor Muvizu offer true character interactions. Yes, you have guitars and mics and things, but you can't pick up arbitrary props.
"my character t walk off the bridge with a camera pan opening a door and follow him down the hallways. State does what is called "talking heads" very well. One room at a time."

I added camera moves to State. Can I do a steadicam shot like in Goodfellas, no. A straight dolly down a corridor yes. But not a slinky path. But there's more to telling a story than how fancy the camera moves can get.
"my plate is full but if this is your desire give me a couple of months and you can have that exact bridge in muvizu. "
I can give you the bridge in OBJ if you want to try to import it, plus the Wrath of Khan chairs. I was just comparing it to the stock Muvizu offering with all of its off-kilter angles and solid colors.
I mean, if you're going to talk about importing objects into Muvizu, it's only fair that I show you what can be imported into State, officially or not. I imported a ton of props from Star Trek: Elite Force. Anything that can get spit out in OBJ that has a single diffuse map per mesh should work. It doesn't require the weird ASE format that Muvizu does.
You know, I'm trying to be objective in this thread and I don't think it's fair for me to be accused of trying to touch off a holy war. If there's something Muvizu can't do well, then that's a fact. But whatever I do with State, whether it required hacks or not, is still what this thing can do, otherwise I would not be able to demonstrate it in clip after clip. The capabilities are there.
Just to get this back on topic, I have yet to see a 100% straight (no tongue in cheek) Muvizu clip. If someone has ever successfully accomplished this, I'd like to see it.
My belief is if I finished duplicating the clip in question, I would wind up with something that, emotionally speaking, falls far short of what I'm doing in XN. Is my work Pixar grade? No. Is it "Meet the Heavy" SFM grade? No. But I did it in like 3 hours.




I dont hack your into doing something that is not in the normal realm of the software. If you want to hack be my guest, however your being completely unrealistic at this point and I am gonna leave it at that because your arguments and reasoning is inconsistent. One minute your willing to actually hack a piece of software to make it do what you feel it needs to do to satisfy your needs and the next minute your telling me "its too hard".
permalink
01/02/2013 02:19:55

AuroraMoon
AuroraMoon
Posts: 30
I have to agree with Urban lamb....

if you feel the need to hack something to make it suit your needs.... okay, that's great. but keep in mind that not everyone is willing to do something like that.

the point of using software like this, is so that we DON'T HAVE TO start hacking the software just to get something we want. plus, you just pretty much told us up front that the software you were using were no longer available officially so the only way we could get it is though sketchy torrents or something like that.

Surely you see the problem with that, right? so it's not like we could download that program and see for ourselves how right/wrong you are.

Plus, it seems like Muvizu is still in the process of expanding what it has currently.... so it seems a tad premature to be complaining about something it doesn't have. Because you never know, the staff could be looking at all the existing software out there currently, and thinking about how they could make this program ten times more awesome compared to the rest out there.

Currently, it only has a few handful of hair, clothes to help customize our characters but I'm sure that will change in time.
permalink
01/02/2013 02:59:29

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
Yes sorry for being so grumpy I do have a copy of a "legal" state engine and I know what an unhacked copy was capable of. I am all for suggestions and criticism its how products get improved but when someone says "i had to hack the software to make it better then muvizu or product y" then I just get cranky.

Anyhow I will go hide now and possibly price graphics cards although my present one is only a year old .. Big Grin
permalink
01/02/2013 10:25:16

Marco_D
Marco_D
Posts: 582
Hey guys,

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and I want to thank you for the feedback.
There's nothing wrong about criticism if done in a responsible and respectful way

Here at Muvizu we are not over sensitive about criticism, otherwise we just wouldn't make this great piece of software.
And believe me when I say that we read and take your feedback seriously.
Our community can expect some nice things this year, but I'm sorry that's all I can say.

The Startrek sets that I've seen can be done in Muvizu, and those female characters too. I've seen it

Anyway, please continue providing us some great feedback. We need it in order to improve Muvizu.

Cheers,
Marco
permalink
01/02/2013 17:25:18

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
Marco_D wrote:
Hey guys,


Our community can expect some nice things this year, but I'm sorry that's all I can say.



Cheers,
Marco


okay you have my attention with this statement although I noticed already in the "news" there does appear to be a soft body physics type flexible tie not unlike the one I saw used in zubox's edition of muvizu so my wheels are going around
permalink
13/07/2013 21:25:45

PatrickDFTBA
PatrickDFTBA
Posts: 28
Hi,

I would like human characters but then more like sim characters...realistic...
permalink
13/07/2013 21:27:01

PatrickDFTBA
PatrickDFTBA
Posts: 28
Dances moves: Macarena, Hokie-pokie

And I wouls like it if characters could march
permalink
13/07/2013 21:37:47

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Posts: 2221
Thanks for bringing this thread up again, Patrick.

I love how lots of the stuff here has been completed, well done Muvizu!
permalink
14/07/2013 02:44:03

PatrickDFTBA
PatrickDFTBA
Posts: 28
No problem I am just participating
permalink
18/09/2013 19:33:08

IanHolmes
IanHolmes
Posts: 8
sorry if this has been answered but I'm in a hurry...I could use an animated plant type character based on the existing rigging for the standard characters just with the head and neck the same size and arms as branches and legs/feet as roots. It needs to be a bit weed-like and would be used in some work I'm doing for the Genesis Revisited world tour (part 2) with Steve Hackett (clang clang). I can see a great visuals sequence using Movizu, but I need this character to do it. Can anyone help or give me some pointers. I like that fact this is dead simple to use and it helps me as I've a lot going on!
permalink
18/09/2013 19:45:23

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Posts: 1988
You can't change the shape of the characters, or the preset animations, so it'd be hard to do. The stick man character is most plant like, but you couldn't add leaves to his arms, for example, to make him more weedy. This kind of stuff is in the pipeline for Muvizu, but not for while yet I think.
permalink
18/09/2013 20:00:32

IanHolmes
IanHolmes
Posts: 8
thanks ziggy. Its a pity because the movements, particularly the walking are perfect for me. I saw stick man and that's actually where the idea came from. Best laid plans and all that
permalink
19/09/2013 09:58:59

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
Posts: 157
IanHolmes wrote:
Its a pity because the movements, particularly the walking are perfect for me.
Importing a static plant object would surely be even BETTER suited to your Genesis video? Because then it can't dance, and it can't sing.
permalink
19/09/2013 10:02:49

Mike_Num_5
Mike_Num_5
Posts: 165
Lev_Dynamite wrote:
Importing a static plant object would surely be even BETTER suited to your Genesis video? Because then it can't dance, and it can't sing.




shake head

Leave....leave now.
permalink
19/09/2013 10:09:15

IanHolmes
IanHolmes
Posts: 8
I see what you did there :-)
This is for the Giant Hogweed which has had me stuck for about a month wondering about content for the screens in the show, and then I thought " an army of marching plants". I should get out more. It'll be in the Royal Albert Hall in October if anyone's feeling keen to make one...
permalink
19/09/2013 10:40:01

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Posts: 555
Shouldn't that be 'leaf now'?

Back to the problem of the Green Man, perhaps resorting to a little creative photoshoping and old fashioned frame by frame animation. I have to admit it's something I often resort to in my Muvizu films to get me out of tricky situations?
permalink
19/09/2013 18:08:51

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Posts: 1796
yes stop motion is usually the answer to most of these issues.
permalink
01/11/2013 07:29:20

rickedirol
rickedirol
Posts: 1
I am needing Jesus and his disciples characters, do they exist? Does anyone know where I can get some made?

Thanks
Rick
permalink
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | the topic is closed

Home ? Characters ? New character?