Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Failed to load object from file

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
21/01/2016 08:05:31

ritsmer
ritsmer
Perfectly right... but I think I will return to my other projects with human actors for a while - they don't die just simply from shaking their heads. .. in most cases, that is ...
21/01/2016 10:53:56

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
ZenMediaAnimation wrote:
ritsmer wrote:
New version 2016.01.15 available.

This version has the same issue. I have spent countless hours doing and re doing a simple scene over and over only to have it fail to load. I have resorted to taking a screen shot of every scene as I finish it in order to continue which reqiures duplicating the entire set and picking up where I left off.
In addition I have also resorted to creating place markers on my sets for my characters so I can position them where they were so I have no jump from scene to scene. This is the single most irritating thing I have dealt with in my entire time in Video production. To not be able to re use a scene is not gonna work for me. I may move on to another software that doesn't require me to build a new set every time I have to use the program.

Use v1.5 instead. No keyframing, but other than that it works.

It's right here : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=49D7234E5E7C54B9%21161
21/01/2016 17:21:22

Brucik
Brucik
Guys I dont usually write threads or comment in the forum but this is going too far. Please fix this problem asap. It would have been better if the muvizu "community management" if any, listened to our feedback and gave us hope in telling us that they are sorting it out and the next update is soon. The end of year update was a total disaster but we assumed the muvizu team was polishing out the glitches only to be disappointed after learning that they failed to fix it in the 2016.01.15 update.
I am an online game developer and I know these things happen but at-least have the courtesy to explain to your valued users that you are working on a solution and when the next update is. Keeping us in the dark makes us start thinking of other solutions which involves using programs that "LOAD OBJECTS FROM FILE".
I sit on a board where I recommended this software and funds were allocated to buy license keys and packs to animate a 13 episode series of 24 min each. Am just stating this so as to show you how much of an inconvenience this has been to your users' projects around the world. Such projects cannot wait so professional people simply move on to other softwares. I personally wouldn't want to move to another software but it seems if such irritating problems persist I will be forced to.
I have been reading this thread and all I see are temporary solutions given by well wishers and I would find it embarrassing if amongst those so called "well wishers' temporary solutions" are muvizu officials. Give us an official muvizu assurance that all is under control and other sensible users like me will stick around.
21/01/2016 17:42:30

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
As a beta tester and active participant on a number of software forums, it has been my experience that most USERS want communication from the company to come through the forum... whereas most software COMPANIES consider the forum to be a playground for users, and oftentimes don't monitor it at all.

But they all have a dedicated support team, and that is where they dedicate their resources. So anybody who wants official statements from just about ANY software company should stop looking on the forum (where you're mostly going to find two groups posting: "well wishers with workarounds" and "angry disappointed customers", neither of which groups offers a company sponsored point of view) and go directly to the company's SUPPORT team, where you are more likely to get an official response.

https://www.muvizu.com/Support
22/01/2016 07:55:38

Brucik
Brucik
PatMarrNC I had already written to "support" a couple of times since last year but thanx for the advice anyway
Not that this is related to this problem but I'd like to believe its partly triggered by how this "failed to load object from file" problem was handled. I follow the muvizu blog even though it comes very rear and I never find helpful info there. I also read all news letters but they are always selling us something too. The youtube channel was last updated 3-4 years ago, facebook page has one post a month and mostly they are selling us stuff there too.
Look at it this way, the forum is like the press, the newspaper, the reflection of the users sentiments. When am pissed and anyone who's pissed like me will relate when they read my comments and we all stop pouring money to people who don't care to talk to us. A decrease in sells teaches developers to at-least apologize when they screw up, instead of forcing users to have to contact their support team to ask how they can fix their screw ups!
If you didn't know guys, tech support is out sourced these days, it can be a guy in India or Bangladesh you are talking to and all they do is give you standard pre written answers. If muvizu is looking at making it big in this industry, they need to talk to us because we make them who they are.
22/01/2016 08:01:43

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Brucik wrote:
If you didn't know guys, tech support is out sourced these days, it can be a guy in India or Bangladesh you are talking to and all they do is give you standard pre written answers. If muvizu is looking at making it big in this industry, they need to talk to us because we make them who they are.

I understand your point, but I'd like to point out that Muvizu isn't a very big corporation. It's just a small company in Glasgow. Also the support team aren't outsourced as far as I know (Jamie's been around since I joined the forum in 2011 I think.).
However I would like to hear what they have to say about this.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 22/01/2016
22/01/2016 08:29:08

Brucik
Brucik
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Muvizu isn't a very big corporation. It's just a small company in Glasgow.

I love muvizu and with a little community management here and there, it has a potential of being huge!
22/01/2016 08:34:05

ritsmer
ritsmer
Brucik wrote:
I love muvizu and with a little community management here and there, it has a potential of being huge!

+1
edited by ritsmer on 22/01/2016
22/01/2016 16:57:14

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
We had several reports of the unable to load object from file error and we were able to find a fix for the specific set files that were sent in. Unfortunately due to other business demands we had to delay the release of this fix from mid-December until mid-January.

We are aware of the on going issue and we're working to fix it now, if you have a .set file where this happens can you email it to support@digimania.com and we can use that to identify the problem.

We're also working to fix the video import issue and the camera movement issue that has been reported to us.

We are a very small company and we find that dealing with emails on a one to one basis lets us manage and reply to users issues more efficiently than trying to manage several issues from several users across several forum threads. We take the time to read the forum and your feedback regularly forms the basis of our on going development plan, but on the whole the forum is here for the community and we try not to get in the way of the wonderful discussions and creative processes that are beautifully illustrated here.
22/01/2016 17:01:51

MrDrWho13
Thanks for the response.
23/01/2016 09:06:43

Brucik
Brucik
Thanx for blessing us with your presence Muvizu_Admin.
Quick question, soooooo... when is the next release exactly?
edited by Brucik on 23/01/2016
08/02/2016 07:32:26

mrsaber07
mrsaber07
Bonjour

j'avais le même erreur pendant 3 jours , donc j'ai perdu plusieurs heures de travail, heureusement que j'ai fait plusieurs versions lors de l'enregistrement.
enfin j'ai trouvé une astuce pour pouvoir avancer dans mon travail.
bref l'erreur est effectivement liée à la partie là ou on ajoute les mouvements de la tête et peut être des yeux des personnages, donc pour éviter de l'avoir lors de l'ouverture de votre projet la prochaine fois, essayer d’enregistrer tout les mouvement de la tête du personnage d'un seul coup, pas de reprise, car si je reviens à une mouvement de tête que je n'ai pas apprécier, et que je l’écrase avec une autre , tout se passe correctement bien entendu mais quand vous fermez le projet et vous essayer de l'ouvrir de nouveau vous auriez le fameux message d'erreur:

impossible de charger un objet à partir du fichier.

donc si vous avez fait une erreur au milieu de l'enregistrement des mouvements de la tête d'une personnage , recréer le tout.

j’espère que cela peut résoudre votre problème, en attendant un correctif avec un petit bonus ( un chat qui marche sur ses 4 pattes par exemple)

Salutation
18/11/2016 21:18:22

3dfiddler
3dfiddler
Hi all,

I've run into the Failure to Load Object problem with the first real project I worked on. I'm using what I assume to be the latest release of the product (which is pretty awesome).
No head movements that I'm aware of.
I do have 4 cameras with keyframed movement.
Is that the problem and do I need to just go ahead and rebuild the scene staying away from the use of that many cameras?
Or is it the keyframing that causes the glitch?
18/11/2016 21:44:52

MrDrWho13
I think you'll need to contact support, it definitely sounds like a bug but I've not seen it in a long time. http://www.muvizu.com/Support
18/11/2016 22:02:39

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
You can also try to remove 3 cameras and save it as a set with another name and reload it. See if that changes anything, it is possible that your computer can't handle that many cameras. You don't actually need that many cameras. You can switch possitions instantly with the stepped icon
19/11/2016 04:33:05

3dfiddler
3dfiddler
OK, I'll try contacting support again, maybe directly by email this time instead of via the site. That way I can send them the file.

Can't open the file to remove a camera but I'll try to recreate it a few times with different numbers of cameras and keyframe/non-keyframing to see if I can at least isolate the cause.

One other thing I thought might be a possibility was that I used an mp3 for the voices and I saw later that wav files are what's recommended.
Not sure if importing audio actually takes the file into the set or if it references the audio from a folder location. I tried replacing the file in the folder with a few different versions ( I believe they were wav, mp3 @ 16 bit, and vorbis) as well as renaming those files w/ .mp3 in case the set file looked for it specifically. Not sure how thorough I was in that attempt but it was 4 in the morning and wasn't having any luck.

Ideas are welcome.

Thanks!
19/11/2016 06:45:20

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
There is a lurking bug still in there which can cause this situation.

If you craft a model in a certain way (and I can't remember or never knew exactly how) then Muvizu will let you import it but then won't let you open the set which contains such an object. There is no known cure apart from to start again.

To prevent this happening I always "sandbox" any new objects that I'm not 100% sure of. I run a 2nd copy of Muvizu and import all new objects into this. Once I'm sure I can save and reload a set (which doesn't take that long as it's virtually empty) I then load it into my bigger set.

This also overcomes the occasional Muvizu crash when loading dodgy objects.

It's a pain, but it saves time and tears in the long run.
19/11/2016 07:45:55

3dfiddler
3dfiddler
Hmm, maybe I applied a texture to a character that was for the wrong UV map? Dunno if I did that or not but I don't think I did any modifications beyond changing their clothes... Which I did rather clumsily. For instance, maybe putting on an outfit before removing their existing clothes causes a problem. I seem to remember putting a suit on a character without first removing his clothes. It looked fine but I went ahead and selected the empty boxes for Top and Legs because I figured I shouldn't have useless polygons floating around unseen. I'll have to try and remember what order to get dressed in
Nope nevermind.. just went and tried a few different ways of getting clothes on/off decals etc... The file still opens.
Sandboxing is still a good idea.
I've started saving new versions of the file every time I change something.
Hopefully tech support is able to come up with something.
31/01/2017 15:55:01

ReggieMetalFox
ReggieMetalFox
Hey guys, I'm just having the same problem...
Please let me know when this thing is solved.
10/02/2017 19:41:33

CloudNinja
CloudNinja
I just got nailed by this bug & sending the file to support...
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Tech Help ? Failed to load object from file